OH - PPP/314 Action: plurality against reelecting Mike DeWine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:02:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH - PPP/314 Action: plurality against reelecting Mike DeWine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH - PPP/314 Action: plurality against reelecting Mike DeWine  (Read 747 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2021, 05:14:51 PM »

These generic reelection polls tend to be pretty unreliable and seem to be suggesting unrealistic levels of weakness for incumbents this cycle (Chuck Grassley, Patty Murray, etc.). Still, it's worth observing, even if that's only for it tells us about polling itself.

https://314action.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OhioDeWineGE.pdf

March 18-19
700 voters

"Generally speaking, if there were an election for Governor today, would you vote to re-elect Mike DeWine, or do you think it’s time for someone new?"

Someone new 48%
Re-elect DeWine 34%
Not sure 18%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »

Good but I would give the edge to Rs in Gov race and edge to Ds I'm SEN race, but that can change, OH was never an 8 pt state
neostassenite31
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 11:34:42 PM »

It's pretty much a waste of money to run polls like this without doing H2H against other candidates (even a hypothetical "generic" opponent) or elicit approval versus disapproval
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 12:00:39 AM »

Rs are fav in Gov race, but Ryan is a rising star and can win the Senate race after that speech yesterday

OH hasn't Elected a female Gov or Senator and Whaley isn't that well known yet
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 02:43:35 AM »

Based on another recent poll, It's seeming as if the ones that are looking to replace him are the Republicans who were angry about his lockdowns and mask mandates.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 02:49:56 AM »

Not that I would expect anything quality to come out of PPP, but the 'someone new' question is so useless when you don't even have any crosstabs or any mention of the party for the opponent.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »

His policies on COVID-19 were similar to those of Governor  Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan. The difference is that Whitmer had backing from her own Party, and DeWine did not have it from his Party. In Michigan, Republicans have plenty of placards and bumper stickers proclaiming "The Governor is an Idiot" that often spoof the "Pure Michigan" tourism logo with "Pure Moron". Such people never voted for her in the first place.

Let me make clear on what I think of Governor DeWine and his response to COVID-19: he did right, and as even with my level of partisanship I can say that those who do right deserve to get re-elected. Gaining respect among Democrats is not good for winning against a primary challenge. Ohio Republicans seem more loyal to Donald Trump than to Mike DeWine, and that may decide the nomination.

This poll has a 52-44 split on how respondents voted in 2020, which is about right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 01:30:48 PM »

Since Rs have a divisive primary, I change my mind on this Whaley can be Gov
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »

These reelect and not reelect polls are pretty meaningless. If DeWine wins his nomination, enough Republicans will come home to get him reelected.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 03:17:54 PM »

These reelect and not reelect polls are pretty meaningless. If DeWine wins his nomination, enough Republicans will come home to get him reelected.

If you truely believe in Biden or even Bernie they have WC appeal and Bernie, was very competetive in IA in the primaries, we only lost wave Insurance states like IA and OH against Trump before the Insurrectionists and Hunter probe, since then Biden has been extremely popular due to stimulus cheques and WC males do work Carpenter and Plumber jobs 50K a yr and Biden Appeals to them. Joe the Plumber, was the reason why Obama and Biden won OH and IA over Romney

JOE THE PLUMBER CAUSED OBAMA ABD BIDEN TO WIN OH AND IA in 2008/12
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies