ID-GOV 2022: Janice McGeachin In (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ID-GOV 2022: Janice McGeachin In (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ID-GOV 2022: Janice McGeachin In  (Read 6593 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: July 27, 2021, 02:56:44 AM »

So who's the Billie Sutton to at least make it close?

Sadly unlike in SD there are no sitting D candidates from outside Boise (or Pocatello or Sun Valley) who can run on any sort of credible rural appeal.

Paulette was probably the best we were going to get!
No random Liberal Business owner from a rural area with some delusions of Grandeur that the party can recruit ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 09:17:54 PM »

So who's the Billie Sutton to at least make it close?

Sadly unlike in SD there are no sitting D candidates from outside Boise (or Pocatello or Sun Valley) who can run on any sort of credible rural appeal.

Paulette was probably the best we were going to get!

Yeah...also Idaho is redder than South Dakota, and 2022 isn't going to be as Dem-friendly as 2018, sooooo

Any idea why the gubernatorial race was relatively close (<15 points) in the red wave of 2014? Sabato even had the race as "Likely R" on Election Day so there must have been something going on to suggest it was slightly competitive? I know Otter had a tough primary but wondering if there's more to it than that.
Balukoff is pretty conservative. Made a big deal about being a strong supporter of gun rights and voting for Romney. There’s also a certain element of the far right that hated otter because he wasn’t afraid to use the guard against neo nazi communes.
TIL:Neo Nazi Commumes exist apparently.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:23:14 AM »

Yet another Republican has entered the primary race. Steve Bradshaw, a Bonner County Commissioner, announced today:

https://redoubtnews.com/2021/07/commissioner-bradshaw-announces-for-idaho-governor/

Hard to see how Little loses this with such a divided opposition.
Of course, Little has not announced yet, but I would be surprised if he didn't run again. He's been fundraising for a while and has taken in some big money.
Is there any geographical divide in Idaho that his opponents can leverage in the primary ? like trying to paint him as the canidate of boise or something ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 09:30:54 AM »

Yet another Republican has entered the primary race. Steve Bradshaw, a Bonner County Commissioner, announced today:

https://redoubtnews.com/2021/07/commissioner-bradshaw-announces-for-idaho-governor/

Of course, Little has not announced yet, but I would be surprised if he didn't run again. He's been fundraising for a while and has taken in some big money.
Is there any geographical divide in Idaho that his opponents can leverage in the primary ? like trying to paint him as the canidate of boise or something ?
I don't think that will happen. If it does, it won't stick. Little is very much more a rancher type. He's from Emmett.

I'm wondering if Resenment against the rapid population growth in Ada County is going to play a role in this primary ?. It might be allow a far-right Canidate attract some more moderate support by taking a populist postion on that issue against traditional republican orthordoxy.
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 10:32:18 AM »

I don't think that will happen. If it does, it won't stick. Little is very much more a rancher type. He's from Emmett.

I'm wondering if Resenment against the rapid population growth in Ada County is going to play a role in this primary ?. It might be allow a far-right Canidate attract some more moderate support by taking a populist postion on that issue against traditional republican orthordoxy.
It didn't help Wayne Richey in the Boise mayoral election in 2019. That was pretty much his entire platform and he only got 847 votes (out of over 53k).
Isn't boise proper pretty liberal and democratic with relatively few republican votes ? I'm thinking such a message would resonate more in the suburbs  ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 12:08:26 PM »

Shelby's launched a write-in campaign.

Is this legal ? will there be anyone else on the ballot ?
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 12:46:51 AM »

Why did 20 state legislative incumbents loose ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies