Why did Colorado shift so far to the left? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why did Colorado shift so far to the left? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Colorado shift so far to the left?  (Read 1769 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 12, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »

I remember pre election when many people said Colorado would be within 10 and closer than New Mexico. I also remember people saying Virginia would vote to the left of CO, for instance (VA was D+10 and CO D+14-15).

However CO swung 9-10 points Democrat, and was a 14 point win for Biden. This is way more than anyone expected, and at this rate I think CO will vote to the left of many historically Dem states in the NE by the end of the decade.

Seriously, the only reason why that state isn’t D+20 is because of old school Republicans who are still hanging around in the suburbs in places like El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County, and GOP improvements among Hispanics, and also in Southern Colorado which probably helped stop the bleeding.

Was it really weed legalization or Bay Area Californians moving to the Denver area? If anyone can explain this, I’d be happy.

That's probably a lot of it. I'm just amazed how Republicans have collapsed in El Paso. It's the reverse Miami-Dade. It's become like the anti Missouri.

If you think the swing in El Paso County is impressive, look at Georgia's 6th Congressional District (north suburbs of Atlanta), which voted for Romney by 23% and Trump in 2016 by 1.5% before flipping to Biden in 2020 by double digits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies