Rich Lowery emails me
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:46:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rich Lowery emails me
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rich Lowery emails me  (Read 634 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:43:38 AM »

This should be good news for Democrats.  Yesterday, I emailed Rich Lowery of NRO about his feelings on the House.  I mentioned that Robert Novak heard that Republicans might lose 26-30 seats.  He actually replied to my email and said that he was pretty pessimistic.  He wrote that he doesn't follow the House race by race so he doesn't have a number in mind.  Still, he thinks if the elections were held today Republicans would lose big.  I hold out more hope than he does, but he is a very well connected Republican insider.  Take it for what it's worth in the last week of August.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »

I love how effectively the GOP is playing the expectations game.  While most of my Democratic campaign friends privately doubt whether our party can take back the House, my conservative friends seems almost resigned to losing.

The chances of the Democrats taking the House diminish significantly once you take into account a myriad of factors. Without gerrymandering, the advantages of  incumbency, a low number of open House seats, an RNC spending advantage, a weak Democratic ground and the low approval ratings of the Democratic party, I'd say the Democrats would win 30-35 seats. The problem is, the aforementioned issues are massive hurdles for the Democrats to overcome.

Congratulations on getting a response from a National Review writer!
Whacker77

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »

Actually, I got two responses from him.  He doesn't view things race by  race, he just goes by the general mood of fellow Republicans.  Most are in the dumps about November, but that seems to be contrary to what the numbers right now show.  In another month, we'll have a much better idea.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies