What food do you like to have at ballparks?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:14:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What food do you like to have at ballparks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What food do you like to have at ballparks?  (Read 779 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2021, 12:13:10 PM »

I moved this thread to the right section. I pick different things each time. It also depends on what the stadium serves. I sometimes get orange chicken, ribs, a teriyaki beef bowl, hot dogs, tacos, pizza, or chicken wings.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 06:50:08 PM »

the fast food cheese burger I shoved in my pocket before I went in.  Ball park prices are stupid.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 07:35:44 PM »

Have food beforehand.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »

I usually mix a few hot dogs in, but every form of a hot dog or sausage at Cubs games now STINK. Absolutely terrible. One of my massive pet peeves with the changes the Ricketts have brought to Cubs games. Over paying for terrible food. Next time I will have to give the burger a try because those actually look ok.

If I'm going to a Sox game that isn't dollar dog night, its gotta start with the Polish sausage with grilled onions. Fantastic. My Sox friends though love to stop at the hot dog joint down the street from the ballpark before games. I get the tradition, but those dogs aren't anything that special.

Loved the clam chowder I got at a Mariners game!
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 08:08:34 PM »

I usually mix a few hot dogs in, but every form of a hot dog or sausage at Cubs games now STINK. Absolutely terrible. One of my massive pet peeves with the changes the Ricketts have brought to Cubs games. Over paying for terrible food. Next time I will have to give the burger a try because those actually look ok.

If I'm going to a Sox game that isn't dollar dog night, its gotta start with the Polish sausage with grilled onions. Fantastic. My Sox friends though love to stop at the hot dog joint down the street from the ballpark before games. I get the tradition, but those dogs aren't anything that special.

Why did the Ricketts’ change the food?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »

Trop has a pretty decent Cuban
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 11:44:58 PM »

Two Dodger Dogs at the same time.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 12:15:31 AM »

Chickie's and Pete's crab fries, the only valid answer.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 01:43:16 AM »

Why did the Ricketts’ change the food?

I mean the change seemed to happen when they renovated all of the concessions stands. Everything that has gone wrong seems to stem from the Ricketts trying to make money from the Cubs as a business. So they probably switched vendors to get a less expensive product so they could make more money, and the people cooking and running the concessions stands seem to be less motivated and are doing a worse job, probably because they are being paid less. Its just a massive disappointment, because going to Cubs games used to be a quaint, charming experience. Now it just feels like Ricketts world where you get shaken down for money.

(Oh, and my baby son needed a hat when we went to the game. $35!!!)
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 06:06:46 AM »

Just like in movie theaters, all of it.  (Except popcorn.  Which is nasty, gets stuck in your teeth, and tastes like cardboard).

Eating burgers, fries, pizza, and nachos is 95% the fun of watching sportsball in person.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »

No one really go to games to eat most people consume pizza but that's a snack it cost 20 to get one
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »

Halal food please
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »

I try to go to as many dollar dog nights as possible.  Sometimes my friends and I buy a $5 ticket and eat 5-6 hot dogs, then leave by the third inning.  Cheaper than going out anywhere else in Chicago (except for the beers).  They don't seem to have that promotion this year sadly.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »

I try to go to as many dollar dog nights as possible.  Sometimes my friends and I buy a $5 ticket and eat 5-6 hot dogs, then leave by the third inning.  Cheaper than going out anywhere else in Chicago (except for the beers).  They don't seem to have that promotion this year sadly.
Wrigley Field, Guaranteed Rate Field, or both?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »

Sox park.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »

Sox park.
I personally traveled right by Guaranteed Rate Field when I visited relatives in rural northwestern Indiana. Who has the hot dog contract there?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 02:03:36 PM »

Sox park.
I personally traveled right by Guaranteed Rate Field when I visited relatives in rural northwestern Indiana. Who has the hot dog contract there?

Vienna Beef I think!
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »

Sox park.

Vienna Beef I think!
Same as the Cubs. Both Los Angeles teams had Farmer John for a long time. Dodgers now have Papa Cantella’s and Angels now have Hoffy.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »

Hot dog of course, really the only time I ever eat Hot Dogs really.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

I’ve been to two baseball games (both at Fenway Park), and I think I ate hot dogs both times.

For a more relevant parallel, when I go to the Emirates to watch Arsenal I usually have chicken nuggets because that’s what the food counter nearest to my seat exclusively sells.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »

I’m usually pretty basic, usually a hot dog (Chicago style when at Wrigley), peanuts, and in some cases ice cream.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies