100% of Democrats in Congress vaccinated against Covid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  100% of Democrats in Congress vaccinated against Covid
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100% of Democrats in Congress vaccinated against Covid  (Read 887 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »

Not so for Republicans!
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/14/politics/democrats-vaccination-rates-house-mask-rules/index.html
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »

How many Republican representatives are vaccinated but don't want their constituents (at least those who vote in Republican primaries) to know? 80? 100?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:17:08 PM »

Maybe 100% could be reached if the vaccine is named after Trump.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 06:51:33 PM »

Pelosi is refusing to lift the mask requirement in the House until every single member has been fully vaccinated-and that will never happen, because of the many Republicans who are either refusing to get the vaccine, or are refusing to disclose whether or not they have. It's astonishing to me how anti-science the Republicans are on so many fronts. They are climate change denialists, they are anti-maskers, they are anti-vaxxers. And yet they have the audacity to claim that Democrats are anti-science.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 07:20:39 PM »

We still have free will in this country. Not everyone wants to engage in the vaccine experiment, and I call it an experiment because long-term effects have not had the time to be studied.

We do not live under a tyranny government.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 07:30:56 PM »

We still have free will in this country. Not everyone wants to engage in the vaccine experiment, and I call it an experiment because long-term effects have not had the time to be studied.

No one is ever going to go door to door forcing vaccines so not sure who or what this comment is directed at. You have every right not to get one. It's a stupid decision but it's yours to make.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »

No one is ever going to go door to door forcing vaccines so not sure who or what this comment is directed at. You have every right not to get one. It's a stupid decision but it's yours to make.

I guess we all have the right to do stupid things, right? If you would do much more research into the subject, and not just the mainstream things we've been being "told," you just might change your tune. There is a lot of information on the Internet from doctors and scientists from all over the world that give a different perspective to the covid vaccine situation.

People have the right to make their own decisions on what they do with their bodies.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »

I guess we all have the right to do stupid things, right? If you would do much more research into the subject, and not just the mainstream things we've been being "told," you just might change your tune. There is a lot of information on the Internet from doctors and scientists from all over the world that give a different perspective to the covid vaccine situation.

People have the right to make their own decisions on what they do with their bodies.

If you, like me, paid more attention to randos on youtube than "mainstream" (read: credible) doctors you might change your tune about how drinking bleach is bad for you. People have the right to make their own decisions on what they do with their bodies, after all.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 08:11:03 PM »

Maybe 100% could be reached if the vaccine is named after Trump.
Then there would be a beeline to it.  If there was a cliff named after him, they'd all walk right off.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 08:41:46 PM »

Do you know what is truly tyrannical? Having life dictated by the operation of a respirator.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 09:08:42 PM »

Hey sorry you guys think I'm stupid or something. But you can't deny that people have the right to do what they want with their bodies. It's like the abortion issue. Some people want to legislate what females do with their own bodies. Imagine that. Is that something you would want for yourself? Are you in that camp? That is your decision. As a female, that is not mine.

At any rate, I respect that your decisions are right for you, and I also respect that mine are right for me.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 09:19:03 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2021, 09:49:06 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

Hey sorry you guys think I'm stupid or something. But you can't deny that people have the right to do what they want with their bodies. It's like the abortion issue. Some people want to legislate what females do with their own bodies. Imagine that. Is that something you would want for yourself? Are you in that camp? That is your decision. As a female, that is not mine.

At any rate, I respect that your decisions are right for you, and I also respect that mine are right for me.
Abortion =/= worldwide pandemic.

Also, I don't see anyone on here calling for wholesale mandatory vaccinations.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 08:29:15 AM »

Perhaps the Republicans identify as being fully vaccinated.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 08:30:37 AM »

It's called natural selection. The dumber members of the House also have a lower chance for survival, if push comes to shove.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 09:03:47 AM »

Perhaps the Republicans identify as being fully vaccinated.

It's unironically the opposite, in which fully vaccinated Republicans are identifying as non-vaccinated to impress their base.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »

If you're worried about long term effects wait until you hear about covid
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 10:54:37 AM »

Just on a sidenote, side effects of vaccines usually appear within weeks or few months. There's just no hard evidence for side effects surfacing years after taking a vaccine. So this argument is falling flat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies