Watch out for these six counties in Michigan's gubernatorial race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:23:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Watch out for these six counties in Michigan's gubernatorial race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Watch out for these six counties in Michigan's gubernatorial race  (Read 271 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2021, 06:07:28 AM »

Wayne County

Whitmer will once again handily win this county, but if the GOP nominee can keep her under 66% of the vote, they'll have a better chance statewide.

Macomb County

From an Obama 2x, Trump 2x county, Whitmer won this county in 2018 but probably won't win it again. If the GOP nominee can win here by 10+ like Trump did in 2016, They'll have a good chance.

Leelanau County

This is a small county but it's been a rather solid indicator of the statewide vote in recent elections. Whitmer again won this county but whether she can win here again could tell a lot as to if she'll win statewide.

Muskegon County

Although Whitmer, Clinton and Biden all won this county, Trump came extremely close and James was able to win it in his senate campaign. Again, this county could determine a lot as to who wins.

Saginaw County

Classic swing county. Trump, Whitmer and Biden all won here. Again this could be a really good indicator for who wins.

Kent County

If there's one county I would REALLY be keeping my eyes out for, it's this one. A Trump, Whitmer, Biden county. This county is pretty heavily populated and has matched the statewide margin fairly well. Whichever way Kent goes may well be the way the state goes.

So, there's my essay on six must watch counties for Michigan's gubernatorial race. Let me know if you like this idea and if you want me to do this for more races in more states.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 07:51:44 AM »

Whitmer wins by at least 4-6 pts the state Reelected Jennifer Granholm and Synder has endorsed Biden
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 08:34:34 AM »

I did like this and would not be opposed to more threads like this.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »

If you're wondering what I'd look out for in terms of polling. I'd say Whitmer needs a three or four point edge in the polling to win by one on election night. If polling is within three points on election day I think she loses.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies