Ilhan Omar accuses Israel of Terrorism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ilhan Omar accuses Israel of Terrorism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ilhan Omar accuses Israel of Terrorism  (Read 2326 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omar-israel-terrorism-hamas.amp

The fact she is in the foreign relations committee is disgraceful
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 10:19:47 AM »

Israel is in fact committing acts of terrorism
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 10:23:02 AM »

They responded to attacks against them
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:20 AM »

Captain obvious moment
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »

They responded to attacks against them

By murdering 9 kids?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:20 AM »

Well duh, everyone knows it, just the right doesn't want to admit it.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 10:28:39 AM »

9 future terrorists, you mean. Thank you Israel for being our democratic ally in the region.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 10:41:17 AM »

9 future terrorists, you mean. Thank you Israel for being our democratic ally in the region.
"Israel" and "Democratic" should not be in the same sentence.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 10:59:34 AM »

Look I really want to say Israel is morally correct here and isn’t terrorizing Palestinians. I really want to say Israel is acting in good faith and is not coddling illegal settlers who continue to incite violence under the guise of their religion. I really want to claim that Israel is not in the wrong here, because they are in many ways a spectacular nation that has done amazing things. However, I think we all know that Israel’s recent actions continue to inflame tensions.
Until Israel stops practically encouraging illegal settlements in territory that is not theirs, until Israel either gets the f**k out of West Bank entirely, or actually gives vaccines to the Palestinians, I won’t say I can in good faith morally support Israel.

We can and arguably should continue to ally with them for geopolitical reasons, but it is only for geopolitical reasons we should continue to fund this hostile government.
No Hamas is not good and yes Hamas is also full of terrorists, but that doesn’t justify what has been happening.

Omar maybe shouldn’t have said this unless we are trying to either move away from Israel (or more likely get them to pretend to apologize for face) Not because she is wrong, but for our own motives.

I know OSR lives in a pretend World where there is one good and one bad side in every situation, but that is not accurate, and does not truly portray the nuanced reality we live in.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 11:29:11 AM »

Israel is not threading Palestinians they way the should, but it's not a one way street. That said, two wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't use a word like terrorism since that doesn't help to address the problem but just creates more division and hatred from all sides. What's needed now is rational diplomacy.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 11:40:54 AM »

Hamas uses kids as human shields and deliberately puts them in the line of fire for propaganda reasons. This is a well-known fact and they repeat this practice over and over again. Here’s how it typically goes down:

1. Hamas terrorists launch rockets at Israel and kill people. Usually the casualties for the Israelis are less bad because they actually evacuate people (in this case one of the Hamas rockets hit a school, and the only reason kids didn’t die is because Israel had evacuated it).

2. Israel retaliates, aims for targets known to house Hamas terrorists or near where the rockets were launched, but Hamas gets themselves out of the way while leaving women and children there, deliberately not bothering to evacuate them and in some cases even placing them right in the line of fire.

3. Inevitably there are some civilian casualties. Hamas then laughably pretends to have the moral high ground even though they instigated and exacerbated the whole thing. Some particularly naive and gullible Western leftists eat it up.

Basically it’s this meme:

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 11:59:18 AM »

This. Hamas is also disgusting.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 04:02:51 PM »

"Our goal is only to strike terror."

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 04:03:20 PM »

Hamas uses kids as human shields and deliberately puts them in the line of fire for propaganda reasons. This is a well-known fact and they repeat this practice over and over again. Here’s how it typically goes down:

1. Hamas terrorists launch rockets at Israel and kill people. Usually the casualties for the Israelis are less bad because they actually evacuate people (in this case one of the Hamas rockets hit a school, and the only reason kids didn’t die is because Israel had evacuated it).

2. Israel retaliates, aims for targets known to house Hamas terrorists or near where the rockets were launched, but Hamas gets themselves out of the way while leaving women and children there, deliberately not bothering to evacuate them and in some cases even placing them right in the line of fire.

3. Inevitably there are some civilian casualties. Hamas then laughably pretends to have the moral high ground even though they instigated and exacerbated the whole thing. Some particularly naive and gullible Western leftists eat it up.

Basically it’s this meme:

Even for you this is cringe worthy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 04:07:22 PM »

The Israeli army said it wants to strike terror in the hearts of Hamas terrorists?  Is there no limit to Zionist cruelty? Roll Eyes
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »

The Israeli army said it wants to strike terror in the hearts of Hamas terrorists?  Is there no limit to Zionist cruelty? Roll Eyes

Except in this case "Hamas terrorists" now includes 9 children. And terror has been struck in their families' hearts as they grieve over their children's cold little bodies. What's left of them, anyway.

I know, I know, they're Arabs so they would have ended up becoming terrorists eventually, but I still think their lives mattered.

And let's not forget why these clashes started in the first place. See my signature.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 04:13:34 PM »

The alternatives to targeted strikes would be for Israel to do nothing as Hamas rains death on Israeli civilians, or a much bloodier ground invasion.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »

Except in this case "Hamas terrorists" now includes 9 children. And terror has been struck in their families' hearts as they grieve over their children's cold little bodies. What's left of them, anyway.

Right, because as we all know Israel purposely targets children.  Roll Eyes
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 04:21:11 PM »

By the way is there actual proof beyond Hamas's claim that 9 children are dead?

I wouldn't be surprised if its true but Hamas has been known to lie. Often times their missiles even fail and kill their own civilians.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 04:24:54 PM »

The Israeli army said it wants to strike terror in the hearts of Hamas terrorists?  Is there no limit to Zionist cruelty? Roll Eyes

I know, I know, they're Arabs so they would have ended up becoming terrorists eventually, but I still think their lives mattered.

And let's not forget why these clashes started in the first place. See my signature.

1) I have signatures turned off Tongue

2) As for the rest, see Alben Barkley’s post on how Hamas operates.  
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if its true but Hamas has been known to lie. Often times their missiles even fail and kill their own civilians.

Or they just use children as human shields.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 05:05:52 PM »

It's just bad English, the context of the tweet makes clear that they mean "our only goal is to strike terrorists, not civilians"
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 05:11:30 PM »

Or they just use children as human shields.

The current reports are three children who died when a Hamas rocket fell short and hit a residential building in Gaza, and six teenagers. No report on the latter, but it's entirely possible that they may have been young combatants.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »

One fact that gets lost in this discussion is that Hamas would have a far higher casualty rate if Israel wasn't so good at defending its citizens.

If Hamas achieved its goals, and each of those rockets actually found its target and Israel didn't evacuate, we would be talking about hundreds if not thousands of dead Israeli civilians.  But after decades of enduring these kinds of terrorist strikes, Israel is extremely good at it, and can intercept missiles, provide advance warnings and evacuation strategies to civilians, and prevent loss of life.  As a result, instead of hundreds of dead Israelis, which is what Hamas intended, we're talking about 2.

So the proportionality argument doesn't really hold up.  Israel's military strikes had more casualties than those of Hamas, but only because they were far more successful.  Hamas certainly didn't only kill 2 Israelis for lack of trying.

If North Korea launched a nuclear weapon at the United States, reducing Seattle to ashes, and we responded with airstrikes to destroy their nuclear facilities, most people would say that we were not only totally justified but showed an absurd level of restraint.  But now let's say we send a fighter pilot up there on a suicide mission to crash into the missile and destroy it, so the missile launch only causes one casualty.  And then our airstrikes cause dozens of North Korean civilian casualties.  Would we then hear complaints about proportionality?  I think not.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »

Does anyone here support a two state solution or does Israel or Palestine have to be wiped out, who goes first?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies