Obama's involvement in the 2022 midterms...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Obama's involvement in the 2022 midterms...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's involvement in the 2022 midterms...  (Read 977 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:01:05 AM »

So we all remember Brock Obama stepping in for Biden's campaign late in the game in some swing-states. The question now is how he will play it in 2022, will he be involved in some primary races, perhaps giving his endorsement to candidates he think are more likely to win, and will he campaign for swing-state candidates? If so, what states would he be more suited for?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:17:07 AM »

Stop conveniently ignoring nearly every single question that you've been asked about your cowardice, you coward. AMA means "Ask Me Anything," not "Ask Me (Almost) Anything (& I'll Conveniently Ignore the Questions That I Don't Like Because Their Very Existence Proves That I'm Nothing but a Hypocritical Coward)."

There, now that that's out of the way...

Why didn’t you leave the forum after Ossoff and Warnock won? Are you a coward, if so are we allowed to refer to you as “Coward Woodbury” from now on?

I don't recognize their victory.

... And? The office charged with the responsibility of supervising elections in the state of Georgia - their Secretary of State's office - certified their victories: Jon Ossoff received 54,944 more votes than David Perdue & so was duly elected to serve as U.S. Senator for the state of Georgia's Class II Senate seat for a term through noon on Jan. 3rd, 2027, & Raphael Warnock received 93,272 more votes than Kelly Loeffler & so was duly elected to serve as U.S. Senator for the state of Georgia's Class III Senate seat for a term through noon on Jan. 3rd, 2023. The certification of their victories were recorded in the Congressional Record. They were sworn-in as U.S. Senators by the Vice President of the United States. 7 public laws have already been enacted on the basis of their votes in the U.S. Senate. Chuck Schumer is the Senate Majority Leader & Pat Leahy is the President-pro-tempore - &, thus, now a member of what's literally a statutorily-dictated presidential line of succession - thanks to the fact that Ossoff & Warnock won election to the seats which they now hold in the U.S. Senate.

They won, Woodbury. They're recognized under law as having won. They're both U.S. Senators now, representing Georgia. So, do feel free to enlighten us by telling us just what in the utter hell you mean by "[you] don't recognize their victory."

And while we're at it, let's take a moment to remind everyone of exactly what your explicit promise - to me, no less - was:

Let it be noted that you didn't say "If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year if & only if I choose to recognize their victory." No, that's not at all what you said. What you said - & I quote you here - was that "If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year." Period. No if's, no &'s, & no but's about it. Period. Periodt.

Woodbury, please do us all a favor & either honor your word by shutting the f**k up on this website for a whole year, or continue to be - as you've been since the runoff results were declared - nothing but a miserable, pathetic coward who's deserving of a negative amount of respect from your fellow users of the Atlas Talk Elections Forum.

If there was no irregularities & depressed R-turn out due to Georgian election officials not doing anything to guarantee to the conservatives that the November election truly was "legitimate" I would have seen that as a legitimate victory, but this was simply unfair. What we conservatives are doing is like boycotting & not recognizing elections like in 3rd world authoritarian countries.

Not only did GA literally hold its 1st-ever risk-limiting audit (which entailed each & every single county hand-recounting each & every single cast vote), but the order to do so was unilaterally issued on the Secretary of State's part without there having been any legal need whatsoever for him to even do so in the 1st place. So, now you're a lying liar who tells lies in addition to the miserable, pathetic coward deserving of a negative amount of respect that you already were beforehand.

Face it, Woodbury: there were no legitimate irregularities, & Republican turn-out was only depressed so much because your gOd-EmPeRoR was so butthurt over losing the election that he spent 2 months in a row doing almost nothing except actively delegitimizing elections in general - & Georgian elections in particular - & saying that his voters' votes didn't matter since everything was & is just so obviously rIgGeD against them. As it turns out, enough of his voters listened. But none of that does anything to change the fact that Ossoff & Warnock were the legitimate victors of a free & fair election.

Now, to quote that beloved gOd-EmPeRoR of yours (not that I ever wanted to in anyway whatsoever): "you can either go down in history as a patriot" & honor your word like a man by making good on your promise to leave the forum for a whole year, "or you can go down in history as a pussy" by continuing to be nothing but a miserable, pathetic, & now lying coward.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:17:26 AM »

Hunter Biden looms very large that's why Ds lost wave insurance, Obama turns out the base but with these voter suppression laws in OH, FL, IA and TX he won't matter, he is only gonna matter in blue wall states that are leaning D anyways

There could be a blue wave but only if Covid is ERADICATED
compucomp

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »

I am saying it right now: If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:14 AM »

I am saying it right now: If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year.

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 12:39:06 PM »

Honestly, I'm considering leaving the forum just because Woodbury's so annoying.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »

When a SirWoodbury thread doesn't have nearly all of the posts be about his year-long bet, I find something is amiss
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 09:36:52 PM »

I think Obama might wind up giving his endorsement to Woodbury leaving the forum for a year
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 12:27:01 AM »

Given that he could barely be bothered in 2014, I doubt it.
DS0816
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »

So we all remember Brock Obama stepping in for Biden's campaign late in the game in some swing-states. The question now is how he will play it in 2022, will he be involved in some primary races, perhaps giving his endorsement to candidates he think are more likely to win, and will he campaign for swing-state candidates? If so, what states would he be more suited for?

Barack Obama orchestrated nomination for Joe Biden.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »

Brock Obama
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »

We have 8 years of evidence that Obama should be kept as far away from downballot races as possible
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »

Biden doesn't need that much help we won 2008/12 by 6.0 with Biden on the Ballot and he is at 60% approvals and Harris motivates the base

The Election is gonna hinge entirely on what type of recovery, we already are gonna win WI, PA, NH and GA and get 52/48, Senate, winning OH, IA, NC or MO will allow us to keep and expand our Congressional control over both H.  SUNUNU will lose because Shaheen was in a similar position in 2014 against a popular Moderate Brown and he LOST

We do need 53 votes because Tester is not onboard with eliminating Filibuster

In a full blown recovery, voter suppression isn't gonna matter because we can all mail our ballots at the Post office not drop boxes, you shouldn't put it in a drop box anyways, anyone can monkey around with it

Voter suppression eliminates drop boxes
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 07:52:05 PM »

We have 8 years of evidence that Obama should be kept as far away from downballot races as possible

I hate to post legitimate commentary in a Woodbury thread, but tbf, at least his midterm campaigning in 2018 was good.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies