LGC 1.5 - Amendment to L.C. 10.11 - TABLED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:29:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 1.5 - Amendment to L.C. 10.11 - TABLED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 1.5 - Amendment to L.C. 10.11 - TABLED  (Read 631 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: May 06, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »

The last council voted to restrict reproductive healthcare and a woman's right to choose. This bill will allow for women to have more control over their healthcare and allow for them to make a choice with their doctor without the government interfering.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:48:28 PM »

I strongly oppose this proposal. What was enacted last Council is a modest reform that only strikes down on late term abortion - the majority of abortions remain legal under current law. What is proposed here would bring back all the loopholes of old, which can be exploited to literally allow elective abortion in the 9th month. Just because such elective abortions are rare does not mean they should be made legal.

Further, the region voted on whether to enact LC 10.11, and they overwhelmingly voted in favor. It even got Laborite support. Therefore to enact this proposal would be an affront to the will of the very people we represent.

I strongly urge a No.

I see no issue with a woman and her doctor making that decisions, I'm sure if the doctor thinks an abortion shouldn't happen, he/she'd share their opinion

I thought this Lincoln government was supposed to be the first to be free of salt in a long time.
cool story
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:25:09 PM »

I'm just going to note regardless of your views on abortion, sending women and/or doctors to jail for seeking abortions is just wrong, this bill as written is simply way too extreme.

Also there's a strong misunderstanding about abortion in this country in general, here's a useful Vox video which provides some great information on the issue and clears up common misconceptions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLQREWIwyA

I am happy to provide more sources if needed
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »

Without punishment, any restriction becomes meaningless.

I really don't think punishing doctors for providing reproductive healthcare is necessary.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:37:04 PM »

This is disappointing... Also I still don't understand why this tabled to begin with, but I digress.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:58:03 AM »

Seems strange that 3/7 is now a majority in Lincoln (another thing the region apparently can't do - math) but I (mostly) trust Speaker Wulfric not to use his position to play partisan games lol

The rules clearly state that a tabling votes are based on a simple majority.

Yes a simple majority, to me, this means a simple majority of all sitting councilors not all present ones, though that should probably be clarified
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies