LGC 1.4 - Amendment to the FF Act - Vetoed - Override Failed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:01:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 1.4 - Amendment to the FF Act - Vetoed - Override Failed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 1.4 - Amendment to the FF Act - Vetoed - Override Failed  (Read 2216 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: May 06, 2021, 11:34:43 PM »

So, last Council was one of the darkest times in the Council's history and a bunch of awful bills were passed. The worst one was this where the Council sided with the NRA and the gun lobby over hardworking everyday Lincolnites. This bill is designed to provide justice for those who are victims of gun violence by working towards a world where no one has to experience the grief that befell those families. It aims to work towards a world where we as humanity, have triumphed over the evil scourge of gun violence. We can do something, we have it in our power to say no to the gun lobby and act in the interest of the people. It is not merely a choice, it is the responsibility of Lincoln to stand up to the gun lobby and pass this bill, so we can once again be on the track towards exterminating gun violence, once and for all.
Ohohohoho. That Council was so based. Not as based as my glorious South, but it was still fun for me to watch.

Also, in the FF Act you all literally added just as much new gun control as was repealed.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:39:09 PM »

So, last Council was one of the darkest times in the Council's history and a bunch of awful bills were passed. The worst one was this where the Council sided with the NRA and the gun lobby over hardworking everyday Lincolnites. This bill is designed to provide justice for those who are victims of gun violence by working towards a world where no one has to experience the grief that befell those families. It aims to work towards a world where we as humanity, have triumphed over the evil scourge of gun violence. We can do something, we have it in our power to say no to the gun lobby and act in the interest of the people. It is not merely a choice, it is the responsibility of Lincoln to stand up to the gun lobby and pass this bill, so we can once again be on the track towards exterminating gun violence, once and for all.
Ohohohoho. That Council was so based. Not as based as my glorious South, but it was still fun for me to watch.

Also, in the FF Act you all literally added just as much new gun control as was repealed.

You mean the South that has been underfunding education for years? I mean the point is that looking at other countries, the conclusion is that the original law as it was, was too lax. That law should've been strengthened if anything. People need to really ask why mass shootings happen here so often and not in Australia, the UK, or Canada.
I do love how we in the South are past the need for much of any gun control. Lol Lincoln.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 11:46:29 PM »

You mean the South that has been underfunding education for years? I mean the point is that looking at other countries, the conclusion is that the original law as it was, was too lax. That law should've been strengthened if anything. People need to really ask why mass shootings happen here so often and not in Australia, the UK, or Canada.
I do love how we in the South are past the need for much of any gun control. Lol Lincoln.

No...... The only way you can get past the need for gun control is confiscation of all guns. If that doesn't happen then you need some form of it, otherwise you have people with guns in the street shooting up places.
Lol. You just don't get it.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 11:48:27 PM »

No...... The only way you can get past the need for gun control is confiscation of all guns. If that doesn't happen then you need some form of it, otherwise you have people with guns in the street shooting up places.
And you do?
Yes, I am the wisest man you know.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 12:07:06 AM »

And you do?
Yes, I am the wisest man you know.
Roll Eyes
Eye rolling is what your mom does whenever I try to get her to admit meeting with me for a good time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies