Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:59:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?  (Read 2391 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 09, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
« edited: May 09, 2021, 10:26:34 AM by Torie »

Sometimes when it comes to a person who has had a negative impact on the public square, one can posit that the person was just the messenger or spear carrier for a cohort of voters, and that if it had not been that person, it would have been someone else, i.e., the chap was relatively fungible. I don't think that is the case with Trump. Sure he was propelled by the alienation of non cosmopolitan non college educated largely but not exclusively white voters, but his willingness to break any law, and make any lie, that he thought was in his self interest that he could get away with, I think is pretty sui generis for someone who actually got elected POTUS, and indeed came close to getting reelected, reflecting his very substantial talents a demagogue.

I also think just like PCB's in the water, his toxicity will have a very long half life, and the gang of Pub crazies that he has enabled will not soon fade away. He has done so much to degrade the norms of civil  discourse and conduct in the public square, in both parties.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies