Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:03:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?  (Read 2413 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »

Just curious. What comments do you have about it?

Obviously many Republicans still believe trump was the legitimate winner. (If that's what they believe....)

As for me and my peace of mind, I'm glad that we have competent leadership now. I don't have to worry all the time, or be offended or shocked to my core. Trump reigned in a world of chaos which affected the entire world, and I couldn't see how that could go on much longer. And it didn't, thank goodness.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 09:59:09 PM »

Drumpf man bad
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 09:59:34 PM »

I knew the moment he was projected to win the election that his presidency was going to be a disaster, and I can't express how much I wish those expectations had turned out wrong.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »

He took a very stupid segment of the population, and led them to becoming even stupider and louder. Even if he is never heard from again, he will continue to do great damage to this country with his MAGA / QAnon / white nationalist nuts running around.

Its a relief that it is over and more competent people are in charge, but it is scary to think about how easily we can go down that path again.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 10:30:19 PM »

I'm glad it's over. Let's never do that again.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 10:32:26 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 10:35:50 PM »

Kicking him off Twitter really did wonders for the country.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 10:43:04 PM »

Really a symptom rather than the disease.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54:08 PM »

Yes but...symptoms also need to be dealt with before they get worse.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 11:27:43 PM »

I’ve begun the hard work not only of identifying the key factors that led up to Trump’s election, and how to defend against such an incident from ever happening again. Trump and his ilk exploited several serious flaws in our political system, our cognitive faculties, and our frayed social fabric, and led this country into chaos.

This was a gigantic wake-up call, and Biden’s astute governance since the transition has been excellent. It underscores not only the perils of incompetent internal leadership, but what real, quality leadership looks like. Let’s rebuild our national institutions and create ones more amenable to securing our happiness.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 11:35:20 PM »

I’ve begun the hard work not only of identifying the key factors that led up to Trump’s election, and how to defend against such an incident from ever happening again. Trump and his ilk exploited several serious flaws in our political system, our cognitive faculties, and our frayed social fabric, and led this country into chaos.

This was a gigantic wake-up call, and Biden’s astute governance since the transition has been excellent. It underscores not only the perils of incompetent internal leadership, but what real, quality leadership looks like. Let’s rebuild our national institutions and create ones more amenable to securing our happiness.

Frankly, I think media reform should be the number one priority, and it's not even close. And when I say media, I'm not even talking about Fox. These monsters caused Trump's rise by breathlessly covering him when he first ran, and this contributed so much to the polarization in our country.

A world without a President Trump would be a world where Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Leonard Lance are still in the House Republican Conference, but Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert aren't.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 11:36:47 PM »

Same as my starting thoughts except for actually being worse.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:21 PM »

Frankly, I think media reform should be the number one priority, and it's not even close. And when I say media, I'm not even talking about Fox. These monsters caused Trump's rise by breathlessly covering him when he first ran, and this contributed so much to the polarization in our country.

A world without a President Trump would be a world where Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Leonard Lance are still in the House Republican Conference, but Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert aren't.

The coverage of the OJ Simpson trial in many ways foreshadowed the coverage of Trump era  in which just like how they turned a murder trial into a tv show they turned politics into a sporting event
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 11:39:58 PM »

The coverage of the OJ Simpson trial in many ways foreshadowed the coverage of Trump era  in which just like how they turned a murder trial into a tv show they turned politics into a sporting event
Good point.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 11:43:42 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2021, 11:50:53 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Before Donald Trump was banned from Twitter and defrocked as President, it was hard to discern whether he was the chief factor causing political discourse to be toxic and unpleasant. It's now pretty clear that he played a predominant role in debasing public morality, driving partisans on both sides towards extreme and dangerous zealotry, and just generally being an irritating prick!

Beyond this, he is somehow a disgraced failure while also being the most consequential President since Ronald Reagan. He is a very consequential President because he ended a long era of ostensibly clean politics, where those in power respected various norms and also binding laws, such as the Hatch Act, that forbid using money or state symbols to buy votes. Trump ended this era and I doubt it'll ever return. Further, he almost certainly inaugurated an era in which the US will retreat for the world, for better or worse, and pivot towards its longer tradition of inward looking nationalism. He is a disgraced failure because he failed to follow through on his grandiose promises. Instead of rebuilding infrastructure and manufacturing, he gave financial elites a giant tax cut, the only large and comprehensive policy change to occur under his administration, one that Biden is already repealing. He is a loser.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 11:59:59 PM »

Heartbreakingly sad & startlingly revealing.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 12:20:32 AM »

A douchebag administration run by a douchebag president
Literally Just a Contrarian
KyrstenSinemaFan
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 12:35:01 AM »

Not good but not the worst president either. Lost a winnable election
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 12:40:57 AM »

If we don't fill in the gaping cracks he exposed...

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 12:58:32 AM »

If we don't fill in the gaping cracks he exposed...

Yes he did expose gaping cracks in our system. Now let's make sure it never happens again.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 01:41:04 AM »

Honestly, make a list of every personality flaw you can think of and then re-read the list to see how many apply to Donald Trump. I bet we’d be up there at 95%. That says everything that needs to be said, because if you know the man, it’s easy enough to know how he’d respond to events that come to his desk while in office. Anybody who closely watched the 2016 campaign knew exactly how a Trump presidency would turn out.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 01:44:58 AM »

Bye
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 02:00:33 AM »

1.Lock him up.

2.Real fake news (what Trump engaged in and his idiot supporters fell for) is a real problem that suggests that 'free speech' isn't all it's cracked up to be.

What good is freedom, if the information you have to make choices with is corroded by lies?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 02:15:06 AM »

I know that both D's and Rs take money from both Ukraine for D's and Russia for Rs that's why Biden is compromised for not Indicting Trump and why Rs didn't Convict Trump because Hunter Biden was in on the money

That's why it's so difficult to become a Politician, they take Russian and Ukrainian oil money

Its not over there can be an RH and DS if Covid isn't Eradicated by then, if that happens investigations will proceed on Hunter Biden probe but one important person won't be there Ron Johnson he is set to get Blanched by new Sen Nelson

A Change poll has D's winning WI, NH and we will win PA and GA, bit at the same time Rs due to Redistricting can, an even chance win the H back, if Biden is impeached there will be a Harris Nomination for Prez in 2024

But, D's can in a Neutral Environment hold both chambers in a D 2 Environment

It's becoming crystal clear that it won't be any blue or Red waves, it will be a Neutral Environment next Nov 2022
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 02:38:05 AM »

I know that both D's and Rs take money from both Ukraine for D's and Russia for Rs that's why Biden is compromised for not Indicting Trump and why Rs didn't Convict Trump because Hunter Biden was in on the money

That's why it's so difficult to become a Politician, they take Russian and Ukrainian oil money

Its not over there can be an RH and DS if Covid isn't Eradicated by then, if that happens investigations will proceed on Hunter Biden probe but one important person won't be there Ron Johnson he is set to get Blanched by new Sen Nelson

A Change poll has D's winning WI, NH and we will win PA and GA, bit at the same time Rs due to Redistricting can, an even chance win the H back, if Biden is impeached there will be a Harris Nomination for Prez in 2024

But, D's can in a Neutral Environment hold both chambers in a D 2 Environment

It's becoming crystal clear that it won't be any blue or Red waves, it will be a Neutral Environment next Nov 2022

All the more reason to replace Russian oil and natural gas with Canadian oil and natural gas.  Tell Prime Minister Trudeau to support Energy East.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies