Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:16:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any parting thoughts about Trump's reign as president?  (Read 2404 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: May 02, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »

Just curious. What comments do you have about it?

Obviously many Republicans still believe trump was the legitimate winner. (If that's what they believe....)

As for me and my peace of mind, I'm glad that we have competent leadership now. I don't have to worry all the time, or be offended or shocked to my core. Trump reigned in a world of chaos which affected the entire world, and I couldn't see how that could go on much longer. And it didn't, thank goodness.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54:08 PM »

Yes but...symptoms also need to be dealt with before they get worse.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 12:58:32 AM »

If we don't fill in the gaping cracks he exposed...

Yes he did expose gaping cracks in our system. Now let's make sure it never happens again.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 10:34:53 AM »

What an interesting read this thread is.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »

I took artistic license on that word.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »

An awful man that sadly showed us how awful we’re also capable of being.

We are all capable of a lot of things, but that doesn't mean we act on our lower impulses. Trump was the King of doing that.

Are you basically sticking up for trump, or debasing humanity?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »

I am still utterly baffled over the amount of support that trump still has, from the ground on up.

Any rational person can see that he is now, has always been, and will probably forever be, full of crap.

I guess I have been giving too many people credit for being rational, thinking humans. Those who still support trump are simply not that, and should not be treated as such.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 04:28:05 PM »

There's no need for me to repeat what's obvious and has been mentioned more than once in this thread; that Mr. Trump's resign and as complete disaster with horrible policies and personell that greatly harmed America's reputation and stoked hate and divisions that was there before to new levels.

What's equally important is that his tenure has revealed the true faces and color of several GOP politicians we thought to be just political competitors. Their entire lack of decency, awareness and critical thinking and the continued embracing of their orange buffoon really speaks volumes.

This.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »

Here is something I wonder about. How has trump's time in office with all his negativity affected our children?

The crap that comes out of his mouth, the pure bile....what did that do to poor innocent ears?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

Here is something I wonder about. How has trump's time in office with all his negativity affected our children?

The crap that comes out of his mouth, the pure bile....what did that do to poor innocent ears?

As far as their "poor innocent ears", they've heard far worse on the playground & Youtube videos.

As for how it's affected them, he's pretty much turned an entire generation or two of young people into Berniecrats. It's almost impressive how much the GOP has actively driven away young people for the last 15-ish years. The next 20 years of politics will be fascinating, especially if Sanders ends up becoming to the Democrats what Goldwater was to the Reagan Revolution.

Instead of Bernie, I hope they become Bidencrats. Bernie has faded from front center stage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies