Census Population Estimates 2020-29 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:13:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census Population Estimates 2020-29 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Population Estimates 2020-29  (Read 20522 times)
locked_out
Rookie
« on: May 13, 2022, 10:27:30 AM »

Abdullah, thank you so much for the incredibly comprehensive overview! That was more informative than any coverage I've seen elsewhere. One question I have is: how much are the 2021 ACS numbers to be believed for large cities? I have some questions due to the systematic undercounting that seems to have happened for the population estimates in the years between 2010 and 2020.
locked_out
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 05:25:25 PM »

Abdullah, thank you so much for the incredibly comprehensive overview! That was more informative than any coverage I've seen elsewhere.

Glad to hear, thank you!

One question I have is: how much are the 2021 ACS numbers to be believed for large cities? I have some questions due to the systematic undercounting that seems to have happened for the population estimates in the years between 2010 and 2020.

This I don't know
However, all I can say is that it's likely to be more accurate than other estimates and projections made by non-Census Bureau outfits.

I'm no expert on this topic though so I won't speak much of it. For further reading and also if you'd like to read about something that potentially provides insight onto why the Census Bureau missed numbers in cities so bad and had a significant undercount overall, you may find made by the Center for Immigration Studies interesting.

I'll warn you that the CIS has a certain bias against such high population growth and views it unfavorably. Their slogan is "Low-immigrant, pro-immigrant", however as someone who strongly disagrees with a "low-immigrant" philosophy myself, this bias of theirs doesn't take away from their analysis in this article. It's a great (although somewhat lengthy) read with tons of sources at the bottom for all their claims, I found it very interesting, and I think you will too.
Thank you for the reference! I study demography and this will be very useful. Much appreciated!
locked_out
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 01:22:26 PM »

Great post! The pattern is very interesting here... I suppose average age is the strongest correlate? Seeing NY in the same category as SD is always unusual Tongue
locked_out
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 11:41:20 AM »

Do you know where these figures are available?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies