Lfromnj's guesses for redistricting.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Lfromnj's guesses for redistricting.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lfromnj's guesses for redistricting.  (Read 476 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2021, 10:13:13 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2021, 10:26:17 PM by lfromnj »

Wasserman did a preview. This is my own guess. R+8.5

Enjoy and feel free to discuss.

It is ongoing and still being edited.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 10:27:38 PM »

Other than NY (Dems might not be able to overrule the commission) and CA (I would be very surprised if R's don't improve because of the commission manipulation last decade), this is closer to a Dem worst case scenario than the most likely outcome.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:19 PM »

This kinda looks like your expecting everything except maybe NY and IL to go favorably for the GOP.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 10:53:16 PM »

Talked it, and went to 7.5 seats net for Rs.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »

Thoughts on each and every outcome:
AL, AK, AR, AZ sound all right.
CA is definitely possible but also among the most GOP-friendly outcomes possible.
CO looks about right, perhaps a bit Dem friendly even.
CT and DE all sound right.
FL is...a bit hard to believe, but I suppose it is possible. Still, among the worst outcomes for Ds. Same with GA.
HI and ID sound right.
IL sounds overly Dem friendly; I don't think tiny tendrils all over Illinois are what will actually happen.
IN sounds overly Rep friendly; 1.5 Dem seats sounds closer to ballpark. Same with IA.
KS sounds all right.
KY sounds overly Rep friendly, but it's a possible outcome (see also: FL and GA)
LA sounds right.
ME sounds overly pro-Dem, given it counts ME-02 as a safe Dem seat (1.5 would be more appropriate).
MD, MA, MI, MN, and MS all sound right.
MO is in the same camp as FL and GA.
MT sounds right.
NE sounds mostly right, though NE-02's swingy status could be reflected by having there be 0.25 or 0.5 Dem seats instead of 0.
NV, NH, NJ, NY, and NM all sound right.
NC sounds right for 2022 maps, but those look unlikely to last more than one or two cycles.
ND sounds right.
OH sounds impossibly pro-Rep. Only 2 likely-or-better Dem seats and one winnable swing district is...almost-nigh-unlikely. It's possible but only in a very loose sense.
OK and OR sound right, though it's important to note that those 0.75 are spread out among multiple swing districts and are unlikely to act net the GOP an extra seat.
PA sounds a bit overly Dem, but it's still a very possible outcome.
RI, SD, and SC all sound right.
TN assumes TN-05 is cracked, which I'm far from sure of right now. Still very possible.
TX is very possible for 2022 but those numbers scream "dummymander" to me.
UT looks right, mostly. 0.25 or 0.5 might be more appropriate, but eh, whatever.
VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY all sound right.
EDIT: This is in reference to the first one Lfromnj posted, not the second.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 07:03:03 AM »

Given the fact that the current House is 222D-213R (Special elections not withstanding); such a shift would mean that Republicans would actually hold an extremely tight "notional majority" (213.5D-220.5R)

In other words, had these predicted lines been in place in 2020 the House would have flipped R. Or another way to look at it is that Dems need to actively flip seats to hold a majority in 2022.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 08:14:21 AM »

Odd that the Dems don't get another seat out of Alabama per what appears to be a meritorious VRA lawsuit at the moment. I also don't see that heavy a lift for the TX Pubs to hold the Dems down to 12 seats, with no swing seat to get them up to 12.5 seats. I agree that it will be hard for the Dems in Illinois to snatch away downstate seats, or even hold what they have, without making the map a mess. We shall see on that one. I agree with the NY projection.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 08:39:20 AM »

Odd that the Dems don't get another seat out of Alabama per what appears to be a meritorious VRA lawsuit at the moment. I also don't see that heavy a lift for the TX Pubs to hold the Dems down to 12 seats, with no swing seat to get them up to 12.5 seats. I agree that it will be hard for the Dems in Illinois to snatch away downstate seats, or even hold what they have, without making the map a mess. We shall see on that one. I agree with the NY projection.

It should be pretty easy in Illinois for Dems to just cut one Republican downstate seat and then shore up their own seats.  IL-17 can grab some downstate Dem areas, even though it will be ugly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies