French presidential election, 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French presidential election, 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French presidential election, 2022  (Read 125420 times)
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« on: April 25, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »

It would be really hard for me to decide who to vote for in the first round, were I able to vote. Being British I have a visceral dislike of Macron but if I were French I might have a more positive opinion of him.
Macron, it seems, is perceived as some sort of southern European leftist here. Just look at the Telegraph.

Did you support anyone last time round? From the little I know about you, you seem somewhat Eurosceptic, economically centrist, a bit socially conservative; but generally quite moderate. Modern SDP? I think there are a lot of voters like that in France. Not sure who you might like. Bertrand?

You've read me well, only correction is that I'd say I'm more economically left of centre and pro-localism/regionalism and also not uniformly conservative as I'm not against immigration - perhaps the continuity SDP would be the best fit for me, I've never thought to join them or anything. As I have said before, I've voted for four different parties in the past

Didn't you identify as Tory in a certain other place?

Yes I did - but (as I've said before) I've changed my views a lot to become more economically left and socially moderate in the past few years as I have had to become more economically independent and after gaining an appreciation for the lives of those less fortunate, but I've maintained my Euroscepticism.

You sound like the target ideology of the wonderful, idiosyncratic candidate Jean Lassalle.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 10:30:41 AM »

This is it - the monarchy is coming back!
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »

I was under the impression Pecresse was more on the right of the party than on the NKM, Bertrand side.

It will be interesting to see if Macron leans into the left again in his campaign this time round or whether he tries to point to his record in government in order to appeal to the right.  Both carry risks for the second round of course.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »

I was under the impression Pecresse was more on the right of the party than on the NKM, Bertrand side.

It will be interesting to see if Macron leans into the left again in his campaign this time round or whether he tries to point to his record in government in order to appeal to the right.  Both carry risks for the second round of course.

I'm not that familiar but I get the impression she's on the left of the party - she called for Fillon to step down in 2017 (though that's not strictly a left/right thing) and criticised Wauquiez for being too close to the far right. May be wrong though.

Pécresse is not in the party anymore, she left in 2019 to create her own party, Soyons Libres, because she thinks the party is too right-wing right now, refuses to consider green issues, has abandoned the values of the UMP and voted against some common sense reforms made by Macron (mainly on university and railroad reforms).

And yet she has a chance to be LR's candidate...  Tongue
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 03:14:00 PM »

He didn't have a favourable vote transfer environment. All 3 drop outs were closer to Pecresse.

But it's also Umengus being Umengus and spinning even the slightest thing in the right's favour. You have to understand him, he comes from a political environment where his cucked right-wing party celebrate coming 7th place in the entire country and their leader not even elected by preference votes.

I mean, the Belgian right might described in many ways, but "doing poorly" is not one of them. There is  still a firm right of centre majority in Belgium's national parliament. Of course there is a massive divide with the Walloon right doing miserable by right wing European standards while in Flanders it does absolutely amazing. (so if Umengus is Waloon I guess the point stands, but not for Belgium at-large)

Yes I'm sure Umengus cheerleads the flemish far right as much as the French one because like many in BéWé he is a quisling but that's for the belgian thread. Let's not clutter the French one with the staye of the WalloBrux (far) right.

Why do get all angry and nasty on the International boards?  Anyone would think you're American...
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 07:38:26 AM »

Go back to thinking about new ways to hate gays in your spare time old timer

Will do - but I'm 21.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 05:56:34 AM »

Is there anywhere where we can find out how many signatures the various candidates have?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 06:22:36 PM »

You say Collard's career is odd but isn't it actually fairly standard for many French rightists to start of as trots? Like a certain former president?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 05:24:42 AM »

Could a Hidalgo disaster spell annhilation for PS in the National Assembly elections or would they likely hold up a bit better there?

I imagine the legislature elections are one reason some of the left candidates are staying in past their due dates: to keep their partys' hopes alive in the National Assembly.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 07:14:54 AM »

Hidalgo's campaign (and Pecresse's) is like when you're playing a computer game and you start doing badly so just for a laugh you deliberately do all the worst moves to see just how badly you can fail.

Hats off to her - it's hilarious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies