George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:49:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President  (Read 2360 times)
Motorcity

« on: April 23, 2021, 09:23:02 AM »

Then Bush did a disservice to the nation, by aiding Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

When one candidate is literally a fascist, hellbent on retaining power at all cost (even destroying the Constitution), the only other option is his most viable opponent.
Exactly

I told a lot of people this in 2016 (which had an unusally high number of third party/write in votes) and they got mad at me

That said, I actually don't believe that Bush wrote in her name.

He told Jim Clyburn he was a "savior" for endorsing Biden, for he was the only Democrat who could have beat Trump. Even Bush's secretary confirmed this
https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-tells-clyburn-a-savior-for-backing-biden-2021-1

Considering how much Trump hates and publicly insulted the Bush family, I doubt they would do anything but vote for Biden

That said, a small possible remains that Bush voted for Condi just because he didn't want to see Texas go blue. Unlikely but I could see that
Motorcity

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 09:37:35 AM »

Then Bush did a disservice to the nation, by aiding Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

When one candidate is literally a fascist, hellbent on retaining power at all cost (even destroying the Constitution), the only other option is his most viable opponent.
Exactly

I told a lot of people this in 2016 (which had an unusally high number of third party/write in votes) and they got mad at me

That said, I actually don't believe that Bush wrote in her name.

He told Jim Clyburn he was a "savior" for endorsing Biden, for he was the only Democrat who could have beat Trump. Even Bush's secretary confirmed this
https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-tells-clyburn-a-savior-for-backing-biden-2021-1

Considering how much Trump hates and publicly insulted the Bush family, I doubt they would do anything but vote for Biden

That said, a small possible remains that Bush voted for Condi just because he didn't want to see Texas go blue. Unlikely but I could see that

I also wonder if Bush is just saying this to save face with the GOP.  Even that is still a disservice to the country, because the Republican Party won't be saved that way (if it can be saved at all).
Yeah. His recent WA-PO editorial and him being active in the vaccine effort makes me think he is somewhat trying to get the GOP to "break the fever".

(While ignoring that the GOP has been like this for decades and he had a big role in this)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies