George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:28:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: George W Bush says he wrote in Condi Rice for President  (Read 2288 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2021, 09:02:42 PM »

FF move
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »

Interesting.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 09:08:34 PM »

Huh. I remember reading that Bob Dold, one of the politicians I admire the most, did exactly that in 2016.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:15:32 PM »

Huh. I remember reading that Bob Dold, one of the politicians I admire the most, did exactly that in 2016.

It makes more sense for W to write in Condi Rice given she was his national secretary advisor and later Secretary of State though
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 09:17:21 PM »

It makes more sense for W to write in Condi Rice given she was his national secretary advisor and later Secretary of State though

Yeah. Dold did it to vote for a non-Trump conservative. He's from Illinois so his vote doesn't really matter in presidential races anyway.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »

It's always so weird to me to remember that Bob Dold and Donald Regan actually exist and actually were Republican politicians, with the latter working for Ronald Reagan.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 09:43:36 PM »

It's always so weird to me to remember that Bob Dold and Donald Regan actually exist and actually were Republican politicians, with the latter working for Ronald Reagan.

Bob's introductory campaign ad had him calling himself "Dold with a D, not an E": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Mv-8gqO7Q
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »

Lol
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 07:30:17 AM »

Cool story bro
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 08:18:40 AM »

Then Bush did a disservice to the nation, by aiding Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

When one candidate is literally a fascist, hellbent on retaining power at all cost (even destroying the Constitution), the only other option is his most viable opponent.
Motorcity

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 09:23:02 AM »

Then Bush did a disservice to the nation, by aiding Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

When one candidate is literally a fascist, hellbent on retaining power at all cost (even destroying the Constitution), the only other option is his most viable opponent.
Exactly

I told a lot of people this in 2016 (which had an unusally high number of third party/write in votes) and they got mad at me

That said, I actually don't believe that Bush wrote in her name.

He told Jim Clyburn he was a "savior" for endorsing Biden, for he was the only Democrat who could have beat Trump. Even Bush's secretary confirmed this
https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-tells-clyburn-a-savior-for-backing-biden-2021-1

Considering how much Trump hates and publicly insulted the Bush family, I doubt they would do anything but vote for Biden

That said, a small possible remains that Bush voted for Condi just because he didn't want to see Texas go blue. Unlikely but I could see that
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:29 AM »

Exactly

I told a lot of people this in 2016 (which had an unusally high number of third party/write in votes) and they got mad at me

He told Jim Clyburn he was a "savior" for endorsing Biden, for he was the only Democrat who could have beat Trump. Even Bush's secretary confirmed this
https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-tells-clyburn-a-savior-for-backing-biden-2021-1

Considering how much Trump hates and publicly insulted the Bush family, I doubt they would do anything but vote for Biden

That said, a small possible remains that Bush voted for Condi just because he didn't want to see Texas go blue. Unlikely but I could see that

I also wonder if Bush is just saying this to save face with the GOP.  Even that is still a disservice to the country, because the Republican Party won't be saved that way (if it can be saved at all).
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »

So what about 2016?
Motorcity

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 09:37:35 AM »

Exactly

I also wonder if Bush is just saying this to save face with the GOP.  Even that is still a disservice to the country, because the Republican Party won't be saved that way (if it can be saved at all).
Yeah. His recent WA-PO editorial and him being active in the vaccine effort makes me think he is somewhat trying to get the GOP to "break the fever".

(While ignoring that the GOP has been like this for decades and he had a big role in this)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 03:38:55 PM »

#HeroOfTheResistance

Remind me again why we should be singing his praises?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »

Not shocked at all.

At least Trump voted for Obama and Kerry over his objections.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »

He said he left the presidential ballot blank
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 05:07:23 PM »

Meh.

Yeah, and his father said he voted for Hillary.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 05:30:55 PM »

Lame
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 06:10:37 PM »

I think that really says a lot. His party became so different during his lifetime that he voted for the wife of the man who had defeated him 24 years earlier.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 02:17:53 AM »

Here's the thing: all jokes aside, W. isn't really a dumb man, so that begs the question: did a guy like him - or a guy like Hogan, or like Romney in 2016 - really make the dumb choice to vote for a write-in, or is he (&, indeed, are they) lying?

Personally, I'd be willing to put all of my money on "they're all lying," but maybe that's just me.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 08:42:22 AM »

I think that really says a lot. His party became so different during his lifetime that he voted for the wife of the man who had defeated him 24 years earlier.

Bush 41 was a FF, who wouldn't vote for just anyone his party nominated.  He voted against fascism in America, and he even voted for a Clinton; he obviously must have felt that strongly against Trump.  Say whatever you want about Bush 41, but you can't say he wasn't a patriot and that is evidenced by his support for Hillary Clinton in 2016.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »

Attacking Bush for not helping remove Trump is pretty odd considering Bush's main objections to Trump are that he doesn't support killing enough people. Not a whole lot of value to getting rid of Trump if it's to bring in somebody palpable to W.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 04:38:41 PM »

Bush, always an idiot to the end.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »