The New Campaign Trail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Campaign Trail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
Author Topic: The New Campaign Trail  (Read 50659 times)
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 21, 2024, 06:42:12 PM »

Tried out the 1972 Nixon vs. Wallace mod and the results were about as expected: Nixon winning re-election while Wallace only marginally did better than McGovern (with Eugene McCarthy finishing with just over 12% of the vote as an independent and finishing 2nd in a handful of states such as New Jersey and Rhode Island); even losing D.C.

TheHegemonist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2024, 07:43:27 PM »

My result against Joe Lieberman in the W. 2004 mod. I focused entirely on domestic policy and avoided wars (only way to get Lieberman as the opponent), dropped Cheney for Frist and hit Joe hard whenever I could, rather than play nice.

Very weird outcome – almost every state was fairly close, and each of us won a couple of states that normally are easy wins for the other party. I think the margins were less than five percent in nearly half of all states. California and Illinois were closer than Wisconsin and Iowa. A slight shift in my direction, probably less than a million votes across several states, could’ve turned this into a historic blowout.

Popular Vote Result:
George W. Bush: 59,996,055 (49.3%)
Joe Lieberman: 58,055,005 (47.7%)
Ralph Nader: 2,136,576 (1.8%)
Ron Paul: 1,580,256 (1.3%)

Closest States

Washington
George W. Bush: 1,324,205 (48.15%)
Joe Lieberman: 1,323,434 (48.13%)
Ralph Nader: 78,607 (2.86%)

Pennsylvania
Joe Lieberman: 2,782,364 (49.72%)
George W. Bush: 2,763,963 (49.39%)
Ron Paul: 43,624 (0.78%)

Delaware
George W. Bush: 189,695 (50.07%)
Joe Lieberman: 186,771 (49.29%)

Florida
George W. Bush: 3,524,581 (48.39%)
Joe Lieberman: 3,438,474 (47.21%)
Ron Paul: 192,021 (2.64%)
Ralph Nader: 127,898 (1.76%)

Hawaii
Joe Lieberman: 212,377 (50.28%)
George W. Bush: 206,274 (48.84%)
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2024, 07:32:13 AM »

There's a New Jersey 2013 Gubernatorial mod...but it has a major twist.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2024, 07:42:32 AM »

Dread it, run from it...

Played the new W. mod twice and after getting pretty handily beaten by Hillary on my first try, ended up with this semi-cursed map on my second against Punished "Venom" Al Gore in a rematch after invading Iraq. Also the colours switched back to Atlas standard which was fun. Some of the wonkier margins are thanks to a Ted Turner third party candidacy (lol) but at least I got Dubya to actually win a plurality of the popular vote this time around. Hard to tell if the ending screen saying the mission actually was accomplished was an unreliable narrator or not.

Bush/Cheney - 306 EVs - 58,825,954 - 48.0%
Gore/Biden 232 EVs - 58,665,612 - 47.9%

The famous 306-23#!
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #554 on: February 26, 2024, 10:07:41 AM »

There's a New Jersey 2013 Gubernatorial mod...but it has a major twist.
Is there a way for it to either end in a third party win or as otl?
Rookie
United States

« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2024, 06:35:05 PM »

Played the 1980 mod as Ronald Reagan but with the candidate most of the conservative delegates preferred as a running mate in Jack Kemp.

As you can see, while Reagan won in a landslide (big surprise there); Jimmy Carter doubled his real-life showing in 1980, including holding on to most of the South - in particular the Deep South by keeping Arkansas, Tennessee (the last state to check in when I played and in real-life one of the narrowest Reagan wins), Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama and South Carolina in addition to Carter's native Georgia.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #556 on: February 28, 2024, 08:41:35 PM »

Played the 1980 mod as Ronald Reagan but with the candidate most of the conservative delegates preferred as a running mate in Jack Kemp.

As you can see, while Reagan won in a landslide (big surprise there); Jimmy Carter doubled his real-life showing in 1980, including holding on to most of the South - in particular the Deep South by keeping Arkansas, Tennessee (the last state to check in when I played and in real-life one of the narrowest Reagan wins), Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama and South Carolina in addition to Carter's native Georgia.
Is the new 1980 on the mod loader?
Rookie
United States

« Reply #557 on: February 29, 2024, 09:34:35 AM »

Is the new 1980 on the mod loader?

It is. I happened to stumble across it looking for a different mod to try.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #558 on: April 02, 2024, 09:48:08 AM »

Did anyone happen to see that 2044 mod?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2024, 11:23:59 AM »

I was hoping to play it, but it seems to have disappeared.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2024, 11:51:14 AM »

That's why I asked, anyone know why?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2024, 02:34:36 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2024, 02:39:05 PM by Steve from Lambeth »

u/butterenergy was disbarred by NCT HQ after he was found to have partaken in a racist conversation in the Discord server of... would you believe it... the Children of Dusk community.

I suspect I can count the number of decanonised mods on two fingers - 2044CoD and 1948 Identity War, which was itself accused of being overly racism-friendly (in its capacity as a playable mod).
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #562 on: April 02, 2024, 03:07:06 PM »

u/butterenergy was disbarred by NCT HQ after he was found to have partaken in a racist conversation in the Discord server of... would you believe it... the Children of Dusk community.

I suspect I can count the number of decanonised mods on two fingers - 2044CoD and 1948 Identity War, which was itself accused of being overly racism-friendly (in its capacity as a playable mod).

They also banned the guy who made 1948Red (which I always thought was inferior to IW anyway, in a fit of irony) because he supported Ben Shapiro or something, and whoever made that one Tucker Carlson 2024 mod self-deported after controversy as well. Like most terminally-online zoomers, the ones who run NCT are pretty gung-ho about their purity tests.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #563 on: April 02, 2024, 03:24:11 PM »

That's what I dislike abt NCT. Sure, bad people deserve to be reprimanded, but if somebody who says something racist or transphobic can make some pretty damn good mods, let them!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #564 on: April 03, 2024, 09:39:49 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2024, 09:56:54 AM by Del Tachi »

Got an interesting map playing on "easy" as McCain/Lieberman in 2008:

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #565 on: April 03, 2024, 11:45:50 AM »

There was the Weimar mod where you played as Hitler but that never got to the mod loader because the authors specifically requested that. It’s actually quite high quality and does a good job of walking the fine line that these things have to.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #566 on: April 03, 2024, 11:48:12 AM »

There was the Weimar mod where you played as Hitler but that never got to the mod loader because the authors specifically requested that. It’s actually quite high quality and does a good job of walking the fine line that these things have to.
Do you have the codes for that btw?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #567 on: April 03, 2024, 05:39:26 PM »

A link is available from Tom's Writing Right sub-blog, which is linked from the blog, which is linked from NCT itself. Tread carefully...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #568 on: April 04, 2024, 12:59:59 AM »

Won over 200 seats with Sunak:

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #569 on: April 04, 2024, 03:38:57 AM »

How do you upload inages
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #570 on: April 04, 2024, 10:27:10 AM »

The original reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/13skajy/mod_release_1930_weimar/
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #571 on: April 04, 2024, 09:48:11 PM »

OSR uploaded his screenshot to a Discord server he's on, then hotlinked the image. This isn't recommended: Discord automatically kills hotlinked images after 24 hours, and has done so for a few months, due to issues surrounding Discord uploads sometimes being virus vectors. I'd recommend using imgur.com or postimages.org instead.
Rookie
United States

« Reply #572 on: April 10, 2024, 05:50:15 PM »

Tried the 1968 mod where Bobby Kennedy survived the attempt on his life and managed to win the Democratic nomination with former North Carolina Governor Terry Sanford as his running mate,

However, having a Southern convention walkout and LBJ ramp up troops in Vietnam to spite RFK was too much to overcome in this scenario, as Nixon won in a rout. This is how bad things went.

The one question on everyone’s mind is how? Sure, the Democratic Party was fractured due to the Vietnam War and Nixon could have easily won, but your incompetence somehow handed him a landslide? Lyndon Johnson is furious and is currently threatening to strangle you to death. There’s no way the Democratic Party is going to let you anywhere near the Presidency ever again after the stunt you pulled and the Republicans have gained a trifecta...Joe Sr. is refusing to even speak to you after this and even Ted seems hesitant. There’s no way you’ll be able to continue your political career after such a huge loss. It seems that the only thing to do is to settle down with Ethel somewhere and start your memoirs. Camelot is dead.

Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #573 on: April 11, 2024, 11:59:47 PM »

Lost in a landslide to Sanders with Trump getting nearly 10% of the P.V.

Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2024, 12:49:35 AM »

I got this very interesting map playing as Walt Disney in 1952. There were a lot of close states.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies