The New Campaign Trail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Campaign Trail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24
Author Topic: The New Campaign Trail  (Read 50315 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 02:40:34 PM »

Okay, normally I don't post on here but this was remarkable. I tried to get Trump to win the EC while losing the popular vote by the maximum number possible. Got Trump to win while losing the PV by 50.6-45.0.

And the map for those wondering:
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »

This is what happens when you play as Ralph Nader and answer everything as right-wing as possible.

Got literally 0 votes.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 05:51:53 PM »

Seems like a 1996 mod is being worked on and could potentially be added to the base game if it receives enough support.

How do the mods work? I don't see the 1996 mod at all, and when I click on one and try to load it, it doesn't do anything.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 06:13:04 PM »

Seems like a 1996 mod is being worked on and could potentially be added to the base game if it receives enough support.

How do the mods work? I don't see the 1996 mod at all, and when I click on one and try to load it, it doesn't do anything.

Okay. So first, Here's the link to the 1996 mod. https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/o14bcg/improved_1996_mod/

You have to click "Mod Loader" And it'll put 2 code sets. You have to put code 1 into "Code Set 1" and code 2 into "Code Set 2". In order to make it easier. It's 2 long Google Docs documents but you can click Edit and then select all. You can then copy the codes into their proper places and when you click here to begin, you should see the 1996 mod is ready to play. You have to do this every time you want to play the mod. When you begin to play It'll be on a normal version but you just have to bring up the map and exit out and you'll be as Clinton or Dole. (Note, When you play as Dole it'll still show you as playing as Clinton but you are in fact playing Dole so don't worry)

There are 1980, 2004 and 2020 mods available and more are being worked on.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 06:43:57 PM »

Okay. So first, Here's the link to the 1996 mod. https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/o14bcg/improved_1996_mod/

You have to click "Mod Loader" And it'll put 2 code sets. You have to put code 1 into "Code Set 1" and code 2 into "Code Set 2". In order to make it easier. It's 2 long Google Docs documents but you can click Edit and then select all. You can then copy the codes into their proper places and when you click here to begin, you should see the 1996 mod is ready to play. You have to do this every time you want to play the mod. When you begin to play It'll be on a normal version but you just have to bring up the map and exit out and you'll be as Clinton or Dole. (Note, When you play as Dole it'll still show you as playing as Clinton but you are in fact playing Dole so don't worry)

All right, thanks.

My first map as Clinton:

Now that's the kind of landslide some people thought would happen in 1996! If the polls weren't off, could have been pretty close to reality.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 07:53:41 PM »

Okay, normally I don't post on here but this was remarkable. I tried to get Trump to win the EC while losing the popular vote by the maximum number possible. Got Trump to win while losing the PV by 50.6-45.0.

And the map for those wondering:

this might've actually cost riots if Trump won by a single electoral vote and lost the popular vote by 5.6%... surely we would've seen faithless electors, right? Especially in 2016?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2021, 08:38:15 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2021, 04:43:04 AM by darklordoftech »

This is what happens when you play as Ralph Nader and answer everything as right-wing as possible.

Got literally 0 votes.
Is that a result of Nader taking votes away from Bush instead from Gore?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 11:55:23 PM »

All right, thanks.

My first map as Clinton:

Now that's the kind of landslide some people thought would happen in 1996! If the polls weren't off, could have been pretty close to reality.

People legit thought Bill would win a 500 EV landslide?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2021, 02:37:44 AM »

2020 mod:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/nw44fl/2020_mod_update/

I didn't make the post but the post is from the dude who made the mod.

If you want to play the mod you must click on the first code, edit the document, select all, copy, and paste it into the Mod Loader and paste into Code Set 1. Biden isn't playable yet but you then have to paste the code of the running mate you want, do the same steps but paste that code into Code Set 2. You must put all of this in before you click to begin. Then, 2020 should be up and ready to play. You have to do this every time you want to play the 2020 mod.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 10:32:33 AM »

2004 Kerry/Graham map. For some reason I really like the looks of it:

More plausible as a Hillary 2008 map vs. someone other than McCain (due to blue AZ), I think.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 10:42:35 AM »

Got literally 0 votes.
Is that a result of Nader taking votes away from Bush instead from Gore?

Don't think so because like I said I got 0 votes as Nader LOL. I think the game just massively inflated his effects on Gore.

In reality if you took all of Nader's votes and gave them to Gore, I think Florida and New Hampshire are the only states that would flip. Enough for him to win, yes, but not for that kind of landslide.

All right, thanks.

My first map as Clinton:

People legit thought Bill would win a 500 EV landslide?

Bill was up in the polls by margins in the high teens and even low twenties for much of October. If that actually happened, he could have easily won a 500+ EV landslide comparable to Reagan's. The polls were actually off in that election far worse than 2016 or 2020, it just doesn't get talked about too much, I guess in part because he still won comfortably anyway. Though unlike almost every poll predicted, he didn't even get over 50%.

But here's the map if you just do a universal swing of about 8 points so he wins by about 16 nationally instead of 8, representative of many polls in the lead-up to the election:

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2021, 10:24:33 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2021, 10:57:21 AM by Alben Barkley »

Hell yes, won 1980 as Carter on Normal:

Lost the debates but Operation Eagle Claw succeeded! That was apparently enough to just barely put me over the line in a race that came down to a nail-biter in Michigan, which I won by 0.3 points.

EDIT: Did it again, this time I won the debates AND Operation Eagle Claw succeeded AND I made no mistakes in my answers. Still got the exact same map LOL. Except this time it came down to Illinois (won by 0.3 points) instead of Michigan (won by 1.7). Came closer to winning the popular vote this time though. Lost it by I think 3-4 the first time, 2.5 this time. Seems it may be impossible to win the NPV as Carter (due to Anderson if nothing else) and that 284 map seems like it might be the ceiling. At least with Mondale as VP and a moderate strategy. I highly doubt Ted Kennedy VP and going hard left or anything like that would work better.

Here's the link to the 1980 mod by the way:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/ntt7dw/1980_revised_mod_carter_reagan_rewritten/
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2021, 05:08:37 PM »

1964 Hard mode as LBJ/HHH
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2021, 05:41:08 PM »

Possibly the weirdest map ever, but I played as Gore on normal and tied myself to Clinton.

Gore/Graham (D): 384 EV/52.5% PV
Bush/Cheney (R): 154 EV/44.9% PV
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »

Trumanslide:

Easy mode, but I maxed out I think. Focused exclusively on the plains states.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 04:49:26 AM »

Biden 2020 mod is now a thing.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 05:28:52 PM »

Possibly the weirdest map ever, but I played as Gore on normal and tied myself to Clinton.

Gore/Graham (D): 384 EV/52.5% PV
Bush/Cheney (R): 154 EV/44.9% PV

That map is just 1996 with KY and VA flipped. Not that weird.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 06:23:33 PM »

First map as Biden/Whitmer, somehow won SC, IA, OH, but not TX or AK:

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 09:38:49 PM »

First map as Biden/Whitmer, somehow won SC, IA, OH, but not TX or AK:

Ohio's streak continues!
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2021, 10:35:11 AM »

We really need a hall of fame on this new version
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2021, 12:29:51 PM »

In 1980, Debate went well, Eagle Claw succeeded and no gaffes. I picked John Glenn to consolidate the midwest. Ran a 'Reagan is a dangerous extremist' campaign and actually won:

Ironically I only won the popular vote by four points.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »

In 1980, Debate went well, Eagle Claw succeeded and no gaffes. I picked John Glenn to consolidate the midwest. Ran a 'Reagan is a dangerous extremist' campaign and actually won:

Ironically I only won the popular vote by four points.

How’d you manage to win states like MI, IL, OR, WA but lose most of the South?

I can see how Glenn gave you Ohio (I played only with Mondale) but IDK how the hell you won those states before Alabama, Tennessee, or Arkansas.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2021, 09:32:16 AM »

New 2020 mod was released by a guy named Snoo and there's a lot of new content and a lot of tweaks. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/o82szh/snoo_2020b_mod/

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »

I got the same 306 map as real life playing on normal as Biden/Baldwin with the new mod. Came closer to winning NC and FL though, and won WI/MI/PA by more. Even Ohio was close.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2021, 05:45:08 PM »

2008 mod:

You can only play Obama right now but McCain will be playable soon the mod maker said.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thecampaigntrail/comments/ob8e09/now_playing_in_theatres_the_2008_presidential/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies