Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson was a member of the “Dan White Society” in college  (Read 2158 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:14:45 AM »

vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 11:21:52 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2021, 07:04:57 AM by SecularGlobalist »

Good movie.

I imagine even back in the ancient 1990s, the Right still churned out conspiracy theories that Harvey Milk was a secret pedobear.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »

"Jesse Helms foundation" as well.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »

i'm shocked shocked well not that shocked
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 11:36:28 AM »

Tucker Carlson:

1.Was an avid Iraq war supporter, said "what choice do we have", then pretended he was never a huge supporter.
2.A charlatan and grifter who has switched from establishment conservative to libertarian to paleocon depending on the what the current trends are.
3.A creep who thinks female pedophiles are doing a "service" for young girls by sleeping with young boys.

Unfortunately he is also the only voice of sanity on certain topics on cable news. Hopefully someone who isn't literal human waste comes along who take his place.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 11:37:53 AM »

Dan White is a generic enough name that it could refer to someone else. How well known was the murderer Dan White in 1991 when Tucker graduated college?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 11:45:13 AM »

Dan White is a generic enough name that it could refer to someone else. How well known was the murderer Dan White in 1991 when Tucker graduated college?

Among campus conservatives who liked to troll gays? Probably better known than with the general public. This isn’t a contrived population, either - it describes what Laura Ingraham did at college.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 12:09:46 PM »

Ah, what a surprise.  He looked like an a**wipe even then.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »

TBF, there wasn't a Hitler Youth organization for Tucker to join.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 12:33:58 PM »

TBF, there wasn't a Hitler Youth organization for Tucker to join.

Yeah, TPUSA wouldn’t come about for over 20 years after that
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »

How miserable do you have to be in life to be a wealthy fish sticks heir and still find time to hate blacks, gays, or anything at all. His brain has to be broken.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »

It's a generic name, but what other Dan White is notable enough for a society to be named after? Anyone who takes a remote interest in politics knows who Dan White.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »

It's a generic name, but what other Dan White is notable enough for a society to be named after? Anyone who takes a remote interest in politics knows who Dan White.

I didn't recognize the name, and I've seen the movie Milk, listened to multiple podcasts about him, and have posted on this forum for (sigh) almost 18 years.

And I would assume that White would have been more obscure in 1991 than he is now, as Milk hadn't been lionized yet then.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »

I didn't recognize the name, and I've seen the movie Milk, listened to multiple podcasts about him, and have posted on this forum for (sigh) almost 18 years.

And I would assume that White would have been more obscure in 1991 than he is now, as Milk hadn't been lionized yet then.

Carlson is from San Francisco, even though he later lived somewhere else, he almost certainly knew who Harvey Milk was in 1991
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »

Can’t stress enough that he was also a member of the Jesse Helms club, and I think there’s only one of those.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »

With Carlson having been born in San Francisco and having a BA in history it's not likely he didn't know who White was. And he listed a Jesse Helms Society too so it's clear he was interested in politics then.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 02:47:44 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 02:54:50 PM by Brittain33 »

Carlson knew who Dan White was. It both adds up and there’s no good alternative explanation.

People joking about murdering gays was not an outrageous act 30 years ago. It was just edgy or masculine. Remember that this was the heyday of AIDS jokes, it was funny to a large number of Americans to talk about gay men dying or being killed. It’s how it was and it seemed normal to us then.

Milk was certainly lionized by then especially as there were so few other gay leaders. Here is a story about incoming gay freshmen at Harvard in 1994 watching “The Life and Times of Harvey Milk” as a social. The movie had started screening for freshmen in... 1991. Coincidence? No.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1994/9/16/gay-first-years-gather-at-union-for/

Average people didn’t know who White was, but conservatives obsessed with their gay classmates did.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 02:55:16 PM »

Dan White was also notorious and a long running joke because of his successful “Twinkies” defense.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 03:15:10 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 07:13:46 PM by Peak Harry »

Let's be clear - I am not asserting that there is an innocent explanation, just raising the possibility that there could be. There's so much to criticize Carlson over that there's no need to go out on a limb.

We'll look very silly if it turns out that Dan White was his frat president or something, and he will say "there the libs go again" and insulate himself against unrelated legitimate criticism.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 04:34:55 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2021, 10:25:58 AM by TexasGurl »

Let's be clear - I am not asserting that there is an innocent explanation, just raising the possibility that there could be. There's so much to criticize Carlson over that there's no need to go out on a limb.

We'll look very silly if it turns out that Dan White was his frat president or something, and he will say "there the libs go again" and insulate himself against unrelated legitimate criticism.

You created that hypothetical as well as any Republican could.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 04:39:38 PM »

Yikes, what an utter piece of sh*t.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »

How miserable do you have to be in life to be a wealthy fish sticks heir and still find time to hate blacks, gays, or anything at all. His brain has to be broken.

Many of the most hateful people come from extremely entitled and insulated backgrounds. It shouldn't be surprising.

See: Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 05:41:16 PM »

He sounds like me uncles from Palatka who would go on the weekend with their bird dogs and beagles. They would stay in simple cabins while the dogs would be housed in state of the art kennels and chase and howl at possums, cats, bears, alligators, and raccoons. That’s probably what he did in college. It’s probably actually pretty cool when you’re drunk.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 05:44:41 PM »

I fail to see what the innocent explanation could be here.

If he didn’t know who Dan White was, why is he in the Dan White society? Unless this is all about some other Dan White.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 07:12:24 PM »

You created that hypothetical as well as any Republican could.

The "hypothetical" is that he was referring to Dan White the murderer. All I did was ponder how likely it is that he was referring to another Dan White.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies