Should POC officers patrol in POC areas only?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should POC officers patrol in POC areas only?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Should POC officers patrol in POC areas only?  (Read 1133 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 08:35:16 PM »

I don't favor strict segregation but the majority of police in any area should look like the community.

This is something White Americans have never been in favor of since the police presence in Black areas has always been based on harassment, exploitation, and "controlling" the black population.

The majority of police should live in the neighborhood they serve. That way they'll look like the community without any segregation like quotas put in place. Same result and you don't even have to mention race to implement this.
Did George Floyd live in the area?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 09:10:01 PM »

Bronz_Thread_Warning.jpeg
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 02:55:27 AM »

While this would do nothing to drink anything about the problems, it would ensure that you didn't see as many pictures of White cop killing POC, and that could help taking some of the racial aspect out of the discussion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »

While I'm in a bronze post, I'm going to note that in the early 20th century many of the largest northern urban areas that had even begun to desegregate the police department had what they called a black watch that did foot patrol in black neighborhoods. They had to revitalize it briefly during some of the 1960s race riots and use what black police officers they had in policing black neighborhoods.

Let's put it this way. I think it is crucial that the presence of African-Americans and poc in general desperately need expanded in the police forces. I'm not a huge fan of hardcore affirmative action, but where has it really doesn't matter if one hires a white applicant over a black or POC applicant has a firefighter or sanitation worker when the former they have scored one point higher on the civil service exam, policing being overwhelmingly White Force has huge societal issues. The Columbus PD for example, notwithstanding having had African-American Chiefs, are still overwhelmingly white compared to the city as a whole.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies