An elephant in the room??
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  An elephant in the room??
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An elephant in the room??  (Read 596 times)
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2006, 04:24:33 PM »

The one year anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, and subsequent bungled response will soon be all over the airwaves.  I have seen several shows advertised on cable tv, and I actually watched one last night.  With the upcoming mid-term elections, several topics have been on people's minds, such as Iraq, terrorism, and gas prices.  Will Katrina and the horribly ineffective response by our federal government be there as well?  Will it have the capacity to influence how people vote on November 7?  Are there key congressional races this could influence?  Will it still be on voters minds?

Your opinions on this would be much appreciated.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

The one year anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, and subsequent bungled response will soon be all over the airwaves.  I have seen several shows advertised on cable tv, and I actually watched one last night.  With the upcoming mid-term elections, several topics have been on people's minds, such as Iraq, terrorism, and gas prices.  Will Katrina and the horribly ineffective response by our federal government be there as well?  Will it have the capacity to influence how people vote on November 7?  Are there key congressional races this could influence?  Will it still be on voters minds?

Yes it will influence elections.  Blanco's not up for re-el. right?  1st--she's a moron.  What Governor does NOT know that they (not the Pres.) has control of their STATE'S national guard.  And Ray Nagin--MORON--why the heck didn't you put the people on buses and ship them up north?  Who cares if you didn't know quite where yet.  I think it'll hurt the Reps. and Bush though, b/c he's the ultimate scape goat.  Blame rolls uphill.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:47:26 PM »

Yes it will influence elections.  Blanco's not up for re-el. right?  1st--she's a moron.  What Governor does NOT know that they (not the Pres.) has control of their STATE'S national guard.  And Ray Nagin--MORON--why the heck didn't you put the people on buses and ship them up north?  Who cares if you didn't know quite where yet.  I think it'll hurt the Reps. and Bush though, b/c he's the ultimate scape goat.  Blame rolls uphill.

Seems like the typical far-left answer for last six years, "Blame Bush", he really isn't at fault as much as Nagin and Blanco make people believe.  And Brown resigned, they realized their was a problem and fixed it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:31:17 PM »

Seems like the typical far-left answer for last six years, "Blame Bush", he really isn't at fault as much as Nagin and Blanco make people believe.  And Brown resigned, they realized their was a problem and fixed it.

Nagin & Blanco made their share of mistakes no question about that, but the massive mistakes and the complete lack of any federal response was an absolute disaster.  As far as Brown resigning well yes, thats a good thing, but he should have never had the job in the first place, and that fault is on Bush.  Also Chertoff is still there & he should have been fired as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies