Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:25:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal  (Read 1853 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« on: April 19, 2021, 04:44:34 PM »

I don't care for the 1619 Project either, but calling it "Un-American Propaganda" is simply untrue. It is, at the very least, an actual analysis of American history, unlike say, the 1776 commission, which actually is Propaganda.

To say it is an actual analysis is to declare that it has some basis in fact, which it clearly does not.

Any talk of "1776" aside (which obviously was formed in reaction to the "1619 Project"), Miss Hannah-Jones is clearly trying to push an agenda, and while it's maybe not one I would call "unpatriotic," it is very obviously one that is anti-white, which is worse.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:54:50 PM »

I don't care for the 1619 Project either, but calling it "Un-American Propaganda" is simply untrue. It is, at the very least, an actual analysis of American history, unlike say, the 1776 commission, which actually is Propaganda.

To say it is an actual analysis is to declare that it has some basis in fact, which it clearly does not.

Any talk of "1776" aside (which obviously was formed in reaction to the "1619 Project"), Miss Hannah-Jones is clearly trying to push an agenda, and while it's maybe not one I would call "unpatriotic," it is very obviously one that is anti-white, which is worse.

Wow. Not even trying to hide your true colors anymore, are you?

Do red avs have any attempt at a witty response any more other than "wow, going full mask off" / "showing your true colors" anymore? I guess not. Pretty sad honestly. I defer to Dule's sig.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 05:13:02 PM by Big Abraham »

Do red avs have any attempt at a witty response any more other than "wow, going full mask off" / "showing your true colors" anymore? I guess not. Pretty sad honestly. I defer to Dule's sig.
It’s less witty and more of a polite way of Badger saying you come off as a reactionary bigot

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning.

I would be very careful about passing stones in Your Glass House of attempted witty comebacks that ignore the underlying question. That is precisely what you just did, not even attempting to defend crossing the line for whatever scholarly shortcomings the 1619 project may or may not have to just openly admitting a trigger you and your white identity. And furthermore that somewhere in your book being anti white is worse than being unpatriotic.

We get it dude. You will simper that you've been unfairly maligned as a racist because you dared attack the 1619 project, when in fact you response demonstrates you are waving your white identity flag proudly. In short, you are a racist and you suck. That's you get only the level of response you deserve. See my Sig for details.

Good day, sir!

No need to really attempt to defend something when you didn't provide a coherent refutation.

Although I do find it funny you object to my notion that being unpatriotic is worse than being anti-white. Not being loyal to, or distrusting towards, one particular country is quite a different thing than ugly invectives against an entire race of people. Hannah-Jones has called whites "barbaric devils" and said of them that "the white race is the biggest murderer, rapist, pillager, and thief of the modern world." That's against the whole race, not against the policy of a particular government.

Considering there are more white people in the world than there are Americans, just going by pure numbers alone (if you define being unpatriotic as being anti-American) it's clearly a greater offense.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »

It’s less witty and more of a polite way of Badger saying you come off as a reactionary bigot

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning
Of you could just be a bigot 🤷‍♂️

Afrocentrism is literally bigotry by definition.

If opposing that is somehow a form of bigotry itself, I once again repeat all meaning is lost.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning.

I would be very careful about passing stones in Your Glass House of attempted witty comebacks that ignore the underlying question. That is precisely what you just did, not even attempting to defend crossing the line for whatever scholarly shortcomings the 1619 project may or may not have to just openly admitting a trigger you and your white identity. And furthermore that somewhere in your book being anti white is worse than being unpatriotic.

We get it dude. You will simper that you've been unfairly maligned as a racist because you dared attack the 1619 project, when in fact you response demonstrates you are waving your white identity flag proudly. In short, you are a racist and you suck. That's you get only the level of response you deserve. See my Sig for details.

Good day, sir!

No need to really attempt to defend something when you didn't provide a coherent refutation.

Although I do fin.....

I said GOOD DAY, Sir!

Keep the meme responses coming buddy, you're doing great
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning
Of you could just be a bigot 🤷‍♂️

Afrocentrism is literally bigotry by definition.

If opposing that is somehow a form of bigotry itself, I once again repeat all meaning is lost.
Except it isn’t and you insisting it does shows you are a bigot

bigotry
/ˈbiɡətrē/ noun
"strong, unreasonable ideas, esp. about race or religion" (from Cambridge)

Afrocentric
/ˌafrōˈsentrik/ adjective
"regarding African or black culture as preeminent." (from Oxford)

Fight me
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 05:52:45 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 05:56:23 PM by Big Abraham »

The actual definition of bigotry from Cambridge that you conveniently cut off is “obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group”

While Afrocentrism is defined as “a scholarly movement that seeks to conduct research and education on global history subjects, from the perspective of historical African peoples and polities”.

So no Afrocentrism is not bigotry in of itself because it’s goal is not the belittling of European/White accomplishment but the promotion of African ones and the fact that you have more disdain for the 1619 projects over the 01/06 terrorist shows your a bigot. As Badger would say good day sir 👋

The Cambridge definition is how the word is commonly used in the United States, hence why I opted for that one. But "obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, etc." would work just as well anyway. Miss Hannah-Jones sure seems obstinately attached to her ideology to the exclusion of others, and has demonized whites as a whole so... yeah. Also L O L at how you think Afrocentrism" is just the "promotion of African accomplishments"... (easy to accuse me of cherry-picking definitions when you're even less innocent in this regard) when the actual definition that I cited is the belief in the preeminance of Black culture...

Pre-eminent. Meaning "surpassing all others." Seems rather supremacist, no? After all, supremacism is a form of bigotry, probably its most obvious form.

the 1619 project praises the British Empire to demonize America so that is absolutely false

The project sees the empire as the lesser evil at the time of the American revolution, particularly on the issue of slavery, not as praiseworthy in and of itself. After all, the British empire was one of the most dominant participants in the international slave trade and transported millions to their colonies in the Caribbean and other places.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »

"But but but John Dule's sig" is going to be the new right-wing response to everything, isn't it?

If red avs wouldn't dish out the cookie-cutter one liners, invoking Dule's sig wouldn't be necessary.

Also, I'm not a right-winger lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies