Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Biden administration cites the 1619 project as inspirational in history grant proposal  (Read 1878 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:50:37 PM »

https://www.edweek.org/teaching-learning/biden-administration-cites-1619-project-as-inspiration-in-history-grant-proposal/2021/04

This is disgraceful in every way possible as the 1619 project is nothing more than anti American propaganda
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:01:56 PM »

You're still raging about this? Get some new material...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »

Yes cause it’s a disgrace
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 04:29:08 PM »

Care to explain, you know, why exactly?

Extra points for actually constructing an argument Beyond simply linking some article from a conservative publication.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »

Care to explain, you know, why exactly?

Extra points for actually constructing an argument Beyond simply linking some article from a conservative publication.

The project got one fact wrong, exaggerating the percentage of Founding Fathers who had preserving slavery as a motivation for wanting Independence. The author has acknowledged this and all materials have been updated to remove the error.

This isn't uncommon at all in history projects, but OSR just can't bring himself to forgive for it. It's his defining character trait- he makes up his mind immediately on everything, and then absolutely will not consider changing it, no matter what the new information is.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 04:35:12 PM »

I don't care for the 1619 Project either, but calling it "Un-American Propaganda" is simply untrue. It is, at the very least, an actual analysis of American history, unlike say, the 1776 commission, which actually is Propaganda.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 04:39:44 PM »

Stop giving it attention then
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »

Stop giving it attention then

Then it shouldn’t be taught
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

But you harping on it all the time is just giving it more attention. What does that solve?
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 04:44:34 PM »

I don't care for the 1619 Project either, but calling it "Un-American Propaganda" is simply untrue. It is, at the very least, an actual analysis of American history, unlike say, the 1776 commission, which actually is Propaganda.

To say it is an actual analysis is to declare that it has some basis in fact, which it clearly does not.

Any talk of "1776" aside (which obviously was formed in reaction to the "1619 Project"), Miss Hannah-Jones is clearly trying to push an agenda, and while it's maybe not one I would call "unpatriotic," it is very obviously one that is anti-white, which is worse.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 04:50:39 PM »

To say it is an actual analysis is to declare that it has some basis in fact, which it clearly does not.

Any talk of "1776" aside (which obviously was formed in reaction to the "1619 Project"), Miss Hannah-Jones is clearly trying to push an agenda, and while it's maybe not one I would call "unpatriotic," it is very obviously one that is anti-white, which is worse.

Wow. Not even trying to hide your true colors anymore, are you?
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 04:54:50 PM »

Do red avs have any attempt at a witty response any more other than "wow, going full mask off" / "showing your true colors" anymore? I guess not. Pretty sad honestly. I defer to Dule's sig.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »

Do red avs have any attempt at a witty response any more other than "wow, going full mask off" / "showing your true colors" anymore? I guess not. Pretty sad honestly. I defer to Dule's sig.
It’s less witty and more of a polite way of Badger saying you come off as a reactionary bigot
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 05:01:26 PM »

I would be very careful about passing stones in Your Glass House of attempted witty comebacks that ignore the underlying question. That is precisely what you just did, not even attempting to defend crossing the line for whatever scholarly shortcomings the 1619 project may or may not have to just openly admitting a trigger you and your white identity. And furthermore that somewhere in your book being anti white is worse than being unpatriotic.

We get it dude. You will simper that you've been unfairly maligned as a racist because you dared attack the 1619 project, when in fact you response demonstrates you are waving your white identity flag proudly. In short, you are a racist and you suck. That's you get only the level of response you deserve. See my Sig for details.

Good day, sir!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 05:03:14 PM »

I would be very careful about passing stones in Your Glass House of attempted witty comebacks that ignore the underlying question. That is precisely what you just did, not even attempting to defend crossing the line for whatever scholarly shortcomings the 1619 project may or may not have to just openly admitting a trigger you and your white identity. And furthermore that somewhere in your book being anti white is worse than being unpatriotic.

We get it dude. You will simper that you've been unfairly maligned as a racist because you dared attack the 1619 project, when in fact you response demonstrates you are waving your white identity flag proudly. In short, you are a racist and you suck. That's you get only the level of response you deserve. See my Sig for details.

Good day, sir!
I passed a stone once, thank god for Morphine.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 05:13:02 PM by Big Abraham »

It’s less witty and more of a polite way of Badger saying you come off as a reactionary bigot

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning.

Good day, sir!

No need to really attempt to defend something when you didn't provide a coherent refutation.

Although I do find it funny you object to my notion that being unpatriotic is worse than being anti-white. Not being loyal to, or distrusting towards, one particular country is quite a different thing than ugly invectives against an entire race of people. Hannah-Jones has called whites "barbaric devils" and said of them that "the white race is the biggest murderer, rapist, pillager, and thief of the modern world." That's against the whole race, not against the policy of a particular government.

Considering there are more white people in the world than there are Americans, just going by pure numbers alone (if you define being unpatriotic as being anti-American) it's clearly a greater offense.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 05:08:28 PM »

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning
Of you could just be a bigot 🤷‍♂️
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 05:13:26 PM »

But you harping on it all the time is just giving it more attention. What does that solve?

One of the most out there bad posts I have ever seen that is made to seem so benign. "You harping on kids in cages all the time is just giving it more attention. What does that solve?"

It solves riling up normal people to prevent this loony thing from indoctrinating our children with a false narrative. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to be up in arms about.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning

Afrocentrism is literally bigotry by definition.

If opposing that is somehow a form of bigotry itself, I once again repeat all meaning is lost.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »

If opposing Afrocentrism is what passes for "reactionary bigotry" these days, then such an accusation has lost all meaning.

Good day, sir!

No need to really attempt to defend something when you didn't provide a coherent refutation.

Although I do fin.....

I said GOOD DAY, Sir!
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 05:20:23 PM »

It suggests the grant will be something of grift. I would hope the administration cracked down on those while serious planks of their agenda were being chipped away at by deficit hawks on budgetary/deficit grounds.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »

Good day, sir!

Although I do fin.....

I said GOOD DAY, Sir!

Keep the meme responses coming buddy, you're doing great
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 05:27:04 PM »

If opposing that is somehow a form of bigotry itself, I once again repeat all meaning is lost.
Except it isn’t and you insisting it does shows you are a bigot
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »

Except it isn’t and you insisting it does shows you are a bigot

bigotry
/ˈbiɡətrē/ noun
"strong, unreasonable ideas, esp. about race or religion" (from Cambridge)

Afrocentric
/ˌafrōˈsentrik/ adjective
"regarding African or black culture as preeminent." (from Oxford)

Fight me
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies