TX-UT Tyler: McConaughey +12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:33:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  TX-UT Tyler: McConaughey +12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TX-UT Tyler: McConaughey +12  (Read 1302 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 06:22:08 PM »
« edited: April 19, 2021, 06:25:17 PM by Alben Barkley »

Surprised so many are writing the idea of him running and winning off. TX is actually the perfect state for a celebrity like him to win. In a state with historically poor turnout that's simultaneously undergoing a demographic shift is a near perfect environment for someone like McConaughey to win.

At this time I wouldn't predict it but I'd be less than surprised if he pulled it off.

Seriously. I don’t know why people are still so smug and snarky about things like this after Trump proved that anything is possible in this bats—t crazy timeline. Matthew McConaughey as Governor of Texas is FAR less crazy than what’s actually happened over the past few years. Downright foolish to dismiss the idea out of hand at this point.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 06:34:05 PM »

Not alright, alright, alright.

This is almost certainly bunk! I wish it was possible though. I'm not a Texan but McConaughey almost has to be an improvement from Abbott.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »

McCounghey is the John Wayne of the D party just like Arnie Scharzenegger was the Clint Eastwood of the R party, that's why they both won or will win

It doesn't exactly look like he'll be running as a Democrat though. Looks like an Independent run if anything. He criticizes both parties and I doubt progressives will like him much in a D primary
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »

McCounghey is the John Wayne of the D party just like Arnie Scharzenegger was the Clint Eastwood of the R party, that's why they both won or will win

It doesn't exactly look like he'll be running as a Democrat though. Looks like an Independent run if anything. He criticizes both parties and I doubt progressives will like him much in a D primary

He could still probably do well among Democrats for simply not being Abbott.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:00 PM »

He could still probably do well among Democrats for simply not being Abbott.

True. Hopefully TX Dems don't pull a Lupe Valdez on us. They have become very progressive and could do it again.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 08:01:46 PM »

It's possible that this is accurate at this time. First, McConaughey has declared no party affiliation at this point and a lot of people are drawn towards perceived independence. Second, he's a celebrity. And third, the whole power grid mess is exactly the sort of issue that can cause an incumbent problems, especially from an insurgent candidate.

That D-CA avatar is quite relevant haha
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »

Yes!! Because....why not?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 01:13:19 PM »

508 registered Republican primary voters:

In the Republican primary for Governor, are you most likely to support Governor Abbott, someone more centrist, more conservative, or more like Donald Trump?

Abbott 47%
More centrist 20%
More like Trump 18%
More conservative 14%

451 registered Democratic primary voters:

In the Democratic primary for Governor are you most likely to support a candidate who is centrist or progressive?

Progressive 51%
Centrist 25%
Don't know 24%
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies