Most R and D precincts in your state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:00:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most R and D precincts in your state
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most R and D precincts in your state  (Read 635 times)
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:31:24 PM »

What are the most R and D precincts/townships/etc of your state and what's some context to them? Avoid smaller precincts(<200 voters).

For NC;
Askewville area precinct in Bertie county was 95% for Trump(536 votes) and 4% Biden(20 votes). Town of Askewville is 98% white and the life of the rural town and it's surroundings seems to center on a couple of influential evangelical churches. No other precinct in the state was redder, of any size. Extremely Republican even for rural NC and it particularly stands out in solidly D Bertie county.

Precinct containing NC Central University in Durham was 97% for Biden(1,016 votes) and ~1% for Trump(12 votes). 95% black neighborhood that contains an HBCU and is adjacent to the most underserved parts of the city, though this precinct itself is relatively better-off. Trump did ever so slightly better in neighboring precincts and areas with similar demographic profiles, usually 3-6% of the vote, but never just 1%. You can assume the college makes the area even more Democratic.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2021, 06:37:34 PM by Roll Roons »

Most D in IL: Some 95% black precinct on the South Side of Chicago.

Most R in IL: Some rural area in the southeast part of the state. It's basically Kentucky down there.

Most D in NJ: Probably East Orange or Irvington - two mostly black suburbs just west of Newark.

Most R in NJ: The heavily Orthodox Jewish town of Lakewood in Ocean County.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 05:17:42 PM »

Precinct containing NC Central University in Durham was 97% for Biden(1,016 votes) and ~1% for Trump(12 votes). 95% black neighborhood that contains an HBCU and is adjacent to the most underserved parts of the city, though this precinct itself is relatively better-off. Trump did ever so slightly better in neighboring precincts and areas with similar demographic profiles, usually 3-6% of the vote, but never just 1%. You can assume the college makes the area even more Democratic.

If you're talking about the precinct I'm thinking of (55-49), I'm pretty sure that that precinct is actually almost entirely NCCU students--probably over 80% with a gander at block data in DRA, and maybe over 90% considering students possibly living off campus. This makes it an interesting microcosm of the HBCU vote in some respects, which you can see in 2016 and 2020 primary data--it was the most pro-Bernie precinct in Durham County in both elections, and he cleared 50% both times, approaching 70% in 2016.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 06:35:09 PM »

I don't have the full data for Liguria but I can do my city of La Spezia and (much more interesting) the regional seat of Genoa.

Most left-wing precinct in La Spezia: Precinct 62 voted for Sansa 67-32 last year. This covers the old village of Pitelli at the extreme southeast periphery, which apparently developed strong local workers' mutual societies during the industrial development of La Spezia, and consequently became an anti-fascist stronghold, and then the leftist stronghold it still is to this day.

Most right-wing precinct in La Spezia: Precinct 83 voted for Toti 58-35 last year. I really have no clue about this precinct except that it sits in the near west side of this city and it likely is a boring residential area.

Most left-wing precinct in Genoa: Precinct 288 voted for Sansa 68-27 last year. This is roughly in the middle of the medieval centre, so is typically full of old houses often dirty and cracking built around narrow streets, and is very likely immigrant-heavy and replete with radicals and hipsters. This area in particular is also notable for, well, being a sort of hub for streetwalkers (including during full day). It presumably has nothing to do with its politics but the precinct also contains the head office of a shipping company called Hugo Trumpy, which I find very hilarious.

Most right-wing precinct in Genoa: Precinct 405 voted for Toti 78-18 last year. This is found in the area of Albaro in the near east side, the wealthiest neighbourhoods of the city. This precinct has a number of villas and leafy rich apartment buildings often with gated entrances, including a quite magnificent one towering over the wide promenade below, and direct access to what seem to be the best beaches in Genoa.
The Invincible Brent Boggs
kylebreth
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »

I love this question!

The most D precinct in Washington voted for Biden by a 97-1 margin. It is in Wallingford, a neighborhood of Seattle. Wallingford is not the most stereotypically liberal neighborhood in Seattle, but does have a lot of university students and young professional types. By CVAP, it is 83% White, 7% Asian, 6% Hispanic, 3% Native, 2% Black. In general, the bluest precincts are concentrated in the Capitol Hill, Wallingford, Fremont, and Downtown areas of Seattle, but there are 90/10 Biden precincts all over the city. The bluest precincts outside Seattle are in Indian reservations and liberal small cities like Bellingham and Olympia.

The most R precinct in Washington voted for Trump by an 87-12 margin. It is a rural precinct near Lynden in Whatcom County. Despite being in a blue county, Lynden is one of the reddest towns in the state. I'm not sure why it is so conservative. It is an agricultural area with a significant population of Hispanic migrant workers, but the permanent voting-eligible population is mostly white. By CVAP it is 86% White, 7% Hispanic, 3% Black, 2% Asian, 1% Native. In general, the reddest precincts are in rural, lower-income, and predominantly white places away from major metro areas. They are scattered across the state but more commonly found in Eastern Washington.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »

Lynden is home to Dutch Calvinists who vote similarly to their brethren in NW Iowa & SW Michigan.
I believe there's a similarly Dutch conservative area across the border outside of Abbotsford. Probably settled at the same time.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 03:16:54 PM »

Most R NH: Stewartstown.   Way up north, I know nothing of this place, never been there.

Most D NH: Hanover - Home of Dartmouth College, one of the lesser known Ivy Leagues in the country, also insanely high home prices (literally millions for single family homes of normal size).   The downtown area is pretty touristy and nice, lots of little shops and restaurants, all walkable from the college.   

I disregarded "micro precincts" like Dixville Notch and so forth in this.
neostassenite31
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 06:25:22 PM »

MN:
Most D: someplace in Minneapolis
Most R: someplace in either the north central region (Stearns, Todd, Morrison), or in the western prairies along the Minnesota river 
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 07:15:28 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2021, 07:18:51 AM by tack50 »

For my home region of the Canary Islands the results seem to be (that I could find and very roughly, I may miss something).

Interestingly, because I am excluding the nationalist CC-NC coalition this means both will be in my very own town (since it is the place nationalism is the weakest)

Most right wing: District 02-037; which voted 72% Right, 21% Left, 5% Nationalist. Not only that but it is PP's best precinct in the entire region, getting 51% of the vote!

This is quite a big surprise since this particular precinct is quite a bit of an exception in the area, most of the precincts that neighbour it are fairly well balanced precincts, but for some reason this one precinct is very right wing.

It is located right on the coastline of the city centre (about 10 min away from the "old city" and covers several appartment buildings. These apparenment buildings are very nice, and a subset of them I guess could be considered "upper class" housing. A couple of my friends in HS actually lived in this very precinct lmao (and yes their houses were super nice, but still I don't know why it is that right wing; it's not like neigbouring precincts are awful)

Like I said this is an exception and a very unexpected result. I'd have expected the best areas to be either Ciudad Jardín (a neighbourhood of expensive single family homes in the downtown, which is located about 2km north from this one) or perhaps one of the suburbs far out like the nicest parts of Tafira.

Why this one precinct is so much right wing than its neighbours (ranging from 54% left to 54% right) I have absolutely no idea.

This is how the precinct looks like on Google Street Maps

Most left wing: District 01-052. This voted 68% Left, 23% Right, 6% Nationalist

This is also a bit of a surprise, but slightly less. It covers the southern part of the relatively isolated development of Lomo Blanco.

I've only been here once in my life that I can remember. It seems to me like your standard working class area with lots of small appartment buildings for poor people and what not. Why this one in particular is the most left wing I have no idea. My theory is perhaps its isolated location (it is up in the mountains, 3.5 km away from downtown, with nothing important around close by; though my college campus is about another km furhter inland so this might be an exaggeration)

Being a working class poor area the result is to be expected, though I would have expected a different working class poor area to be the most left wing (parts of La Isleta, the inland parts on the south of the city, perhaps the suburb of Jinamar further south)

This is how the precinct looks like on Google Street Maps

Bonus - Most Nationalist: Since the 2 nationalist parties went in a joint list, this one was easy to find. The precinct in question is this time in Tenerife province; being precinct 06-004 in La Orotava. This precinct gave the CC-NC coalition 62% of the vote.

This seems like a fairly standard precinct of northern rural Tenerife (the most nationalist area); covering the areas around the ""village"" (if you can even call it that) of Benijos; with lots of farms, houses with big plots of land and what not. This one is thankfully a lot easier to explain just being a fairly standard rural precinct in the most nationalist area already.

I will note however that once you cross the ravine into Los Realejos to the west nationalism plummets to just 11% lmao (with PP picking up most of that)

Interestingly if you counted CC's vote as right wing (which you arguably should, especially in this area) this would be the most right wing precinct; the left only got 10% of the vote here.

this is how the precinct looks like on Google Maps
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »

There's a precinct in south Berkeley that Biden won 317 to 4 (97% to 1%). There are plenty of other Berkeley precincts where Biden broke 95%. I'm not going to look at the rest of the state but you can! I have no idea where the most Republican precinct is, but I found a 534-70 (87-11) precinct north of Yuba City.

In Georgia you can look at pretty much any precinct in the portion of the Atlanta metro immediately south of I-20, as we learned from the dumps that were so devastating in their percentage and power of destruction. The highest total I've found is 2095-53 (97-2) in a precinct on the southwestern edge of town, actually a little outside the Perimeter. Wikipedia tells me that this neighborhood, which bears the name Midwest Cascade, is the blackest neighborhood in Atlanta, which would explain things. On the other side, there are precincts scattered all over the state, but I actually managed to find a 587-20 (96-3) precinct that borders a 63-37 Biden precinct in Appling County. This seems like a straightforward case of racial polarization.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 05:39:15 PM »

The most R precinct in Pennsylvania (from what I've seen) was a precinct with 12 people voting for Trump south of Reading and the most D precinct from what I've seen is in Pittsburgh, where UPMC's Children Hospital of Pittsburgh is in, where 98 people voted Biden, and 1 person voted Trump.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies