MO-SEN poll by Remington testing different mathchups* :
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  MO-SEN poll by Remington testing different mathchups* :
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-SEN poll by Remington testing different mathchups* :  (Read 876 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:11:19 PM »
« edited: April 11, 2021, 12:18:51 PM by Frenchrepublican »

Link : https://moscout.com/s/MOSCOUT-Statewide-Public-Opinoin-040821.pptx

*(Parson approval is at only 50/39 so I guess that the sample a bit too left leaning)

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »

With Schmitt :
vs Nixon : Schmitt leads 50/42
vs Sifton : Schmitt lead 51/39

With Greitens :
vs Nixon : Greitens leads 48/44
vs Sifton : Greitens leads 49/42
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 12:14:51 PM »

Safe R race is Safe R.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 12:31:31 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 12:45:29 PM »

I think the race will be high single digits with Greitens but then again does winning by 8 vs winning by 12 make much of a difference as long as Republicans hold the seat? Likely R
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »

In 2008 St Louis County recorded 559,854 votes. Fast forward 12 years later, St. Louis County only recorded 536,446 votes. St. Louis City plunged from nearly 160k votes to 134k votes.

While it was disappointing to see the lead belt, Ste Genevieve County, and Jefferson County split their votes in the 2008 presidential race they still voted lock down for every other Democrat in 2008. I have watched my extended family in Ste Genevieve and Iron Counties go from lock step Bill Clinton Democrats who voted for Bush and every other Democrat to staunchly defending people like Josh Hawley. And yes now they support Eric Greitens for Senate who they believe was falsely accused by Kim Gardner in attempt to get a Democrat elected to the governors mansion in 2020. lmao.. if that was Gardner's actual goal she would have waited until closer to the 2020 season to do that. Not in 2018.

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »

This poll consistently has Rs in only the 50s-60s w/"somewhat conservative voters". We've all been following long enough to know those voters always come home.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »

*(Parson approval is at only 50/39 so I guess that the sample a bit too left leaning)

No, that's accurate. He's only at 50 because so many people don't care. He's probably the least thought-about governor in the country. He's basically invisible in the state.

don't give me hope. don't give me hope. don't give me hope. don't give me
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 08:20:27 AM »

No, that's accurate. He's only at 50 because so many people don't care. He's probably the least thought-about governor in the country. He's basically invisible in the state.

No it's not, the problem is that the people who are conducting these polls are probably once again using very left leaning samples. Hence why MO polls were so inaccurate in the past three election cyles.

Parson litteraly won by 17 points six months ago and now suddenly you would have 15% of the people who voted for him who are no longer approving his job ? It's absurd.

And obviously Sifton would lose by much more than 12 against Schmitt
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 08:26:55 AM »

Yeah D's had no chance in this race once Covid cases went up, Safe R
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 09:23:56 AM »

Safe R. End of story.

If people actually buy this race would be competitive with Nixon, they're beyond delusional and have learned nothing from Strickland, Bayh or Bredensen.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »

No it's not, the problem is that the people who are conducting these polls are probably once again using very left leaning samples. Hence why MO polls were so inaccurate in the past three election cyles.

Parson litteraly won by 17 points six months ago and now suddenly you would have 15% of the people who voted for him who are no longer approving his job ? It's absurd.

People vote for politicians they don't approve of. That's how partisanship works. Trump outperformed his approvals too. Almost everyone in Missouri just voted straight-ticket, it seems.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 11:17:21 AM »

When Covid started to rage out of control again a Supermajority Senate started to dim, MO is gone

McCaskill could of made it a close race but she's not running
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 03:34:39 PM »

Safe Republican.

And Nixon has better things to do than wasting his time here. I don't see him running.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:06 AM »

People vote for politicians they don't approve of. That's how partisanship works. Trump outperformed his approvals too. Almost everyone in Missouri just voted straight-ticket, it seems.

Also important to remember that margins are deceiving in polls, especially for approval and job performance. 39% is pretty close to how Democrats performed in the state in 2020, so it doesn't appear that any Parson 2020 voters are "switching sides" per se. The difference between his approval number here and the share of the vote he got in Nov 2020 is probably made up of soft Republicans/GOP-leaning independents who follow politics passively and/or have no strong feelings about a governor who notably doesn't do much media showboating, but voted straight-ticket Republican on election day. No reason to believe this sample is a problem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies