People who think God created the Universe; why did God place an expiration date?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:25:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  People who think God created the Universe; why did God place an expiration date?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People who think God created the Universe; why did God place an expiration date?  (Read 1169 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events#Far_future_predictions

How do you explain this?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »

Why wouldn't He have? I have a writing project I've been working on since 2012 but I do expect to be finished with it eventually.

You could argue that the various scientific hypotheses for the ultimate fate of the universe are significantly more depressing than the traditional view of Gabriel blowing the last trumpet and the dead springing up from their graves, but that doesn't mean that the mere fact that the universe as we know it will end is at all difficult to explain from an Abrahamic perspective.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:11:39 PM »

Why wouldn't He have? I have a writing project I've been working on since 2012 but I do expect to be finished with it eventually.

You could argue that the various scientific hypotheses for the ultimate fate of the universe are significantly more depressing than the traditional view of Gabriel blowing the last trumpet and the dead springing up from their graves, but that doesn't mean that the mere fact that the universe as we know it will end is at all difficult to explain from an Abrahamic perspective.
Such as all matter being ripped apart in 25-30 billion years for instance?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 02:27:20 AM »

I suppose it's justified if people live on in some other dimension outside the universe, eh?

I don't particularly believe it myself, but this isn't really a tripping point for me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 10:17:11 PM »

If God created the universe, I'm not sure he couldn't prevent it from collapsing if he so choose.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 03:20:30 AM »

This is an interesting theological question, but outside of hard preterism and idealism, most theologians think the world will likely end before then.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 01:04:42 AM »

The universe was never intended to be the final perfected form of His creation. As such, it needs an end.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 07:25:28 AM »

I've heard that some astronomers a hypothesized that they have detected the signature of black holes from another universe. It could be that there could be something before and something after this universe. Unless the conversation is more about humanity, Earth Civilization, or Earth as a habitable planet. That might be easier to talk about.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 10:18:18 PM »

The expiration date is Judgement Day I was told when all the planets die, but there maybe reincarnation, we don't know what the Universe has in store for us after this life
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies