Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:07:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”  (Read 2395 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:33:26 PM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:34:34 PM »

It's not just Trump; all elected officials should be legally banned or at least prohibited by some ethics code from pressing buttons on the bird app.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 11:35:01 PM »

They do this every time someone dies.

Please don't look at the tweet replies to the @RoyalFamily tweet on Prince Philip's death today.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 11:35:09 PM »

I'm sorry, nobody who did her stupid starvation wage curtsy gets to use the phrase Rest in Power. Sorry for your loss though.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 11:35:36 PM »

It's not just Trump; all elected officials should be legally banned or at least prohibited by some ethics code from pressing buttons on the bird app.

Uh... you think Sinema is the one in the wrong here???
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 11:36:04 PM »

some people weren't raised right
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 11:37:22 PM »

Of course she isn't. The fact that a US Senator is spending her time saying things like "delete your account" and "not tonight, Satan" to coldhearted randos on Twitter Dot Com is beneath her dignity anyway.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 11:42:16 PM »

The retweet/comment was bad taste , but what the hell is she thinking?

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 11:48:22 PM »

Here's the thing about the radical left - by and large they're not as bad as the worst of the far-right, but they sure do their best to convince people otherwise through sheer performative grossness.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 11:58:57 PM »

That comment was not inappropriate or out of place, it’s perfectly fair and I believe Sinema once again has shown she cares more about her public appearance than...well actually passing important legislation.

Sure it’s crude, but that’s necessary. Kyrsten is singlehandedly (wel I guess with Manchin) stepping on the throat of Democracy and enabling extremist-GOP nutters in 2022 and she knows it. She should full well expect to be held accountable, and no post of hers will change that, no matter how much she wants to try and guilt the common man for trying to stand up for himself and his peers.

Crazy Kyrsten has no right to talk about Satan, of all the people she is probably very close to emblematic of the values that are antithetical to god.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 12:02:56 AM »

Here's the thing about the radical left - by and large they're not as bad as the worst of the far-right, but they sure do their best to convince people otherwise through sheer performative grossness.
There is literally nothing radical about HR1, unless you believe preserving the right to vote and be properly represented for all Americans and preventing bad faith actors from gaining reckless amounts of power is radical.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 12:07:22 AM »

There is literally nothing radical about HR1, unless you believe preserving the right to vote and be properly represented for all Americans and preventing bad faith actors from gaining reckless amounts of power is radical.

I didn't even notice what they were demanding the woman mourning the death of her intern abolish the filibuster to pass, nor do I care. My point was about the online troll's performative harassment of the Senator.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »

I think it has more to do with social media removing the filter most people would otherwise have. Idiots are now able to publicly say things from the comfort of their home that at one point only those in their immediate company would be forced to listen to.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 12:24:29 AM »

I didn't even notice what they were demanding the woman mourning the death of her intern abolish the filibuster to pass, nor do I care. My point was about the online troll's performative harassment of the Senator.
And where are the crocodile tears from the Pearl clutchers over the millions of Americans she is hurting each day? Does one get a free pass from accountability to their constituents because of something that happened to an intern?
Sinema and her staffers must not be given any mercy or compassion, until they learn to show mercy and compassion for the American people and our sacred nation.

Why is everyone so upset about formalities, our families are struggling just to get by
,our votes are being stolen, and our country is f**king burning, and we are supposed to be kind to the person who is allowing it to happen because she wants to feel special and go on a power trip? Hard pass.

And if it were me who was dead. I would hope my legacy would at least be to pressure a powerful Senator into doing something good for once and getting a spine.

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 01:16:47 AM »

And where are the crocodile tears from the Pearl clutchers over the millions of Americans she is hurting each day? Does one get a free pass from accountability to their constituents because of something that happened to an intern?
Sinema and her staffers must not be given any mercy or compassion, until they learn to show mercy and compassion for the American people and our sacred nation.

Why is everyone so upset about formalities, our families are struggling just to get by
,our votes are being stolen, and our country is f**king burning, and we are supposed to be kind to the person who is allowing it to happen because she wants to feel special and go on a power trip? Hard pass.

And if it were me who was dead. I would hope my legacy would at least be to pressure a powerful Senator into doing something good for once and getting a spine.

I think the issue is more against using the dead staffer/intern to push for policy purposes. Obviously that person Twitter user didn't know who he was, and he was very personal to Sinema so it got onto her.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 03:02:22 AM »

Alben Barkley and GeneralMacarthur Whinge About Progressives Part 698265387618367 feat. Ray Goldfield.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 03:14:17 AM »

I think the issue is more against using the dead staffer/intern to push for policy purposes. Obviously that person Twitter user didn't know who he was, and he was very personal to Sinema so it got onto her.
Frankly, I don't blame her. It's not like Twitter randos are usually all that bright anyway. I'll shed no tears if their sense of self-worth is punctured and their feelings are actually hurt.
The mind of the average political Twitter rando is more dense than osmium.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 03:17:46 AM »

They do this every time someone dies.

Please don't look at the tweet replies to the @RoyalFamily tweet on Prince Philip's death today.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that GeneralMacArthur falsely accused me of secretly plotting to dox him because I didn't like his Internet posts on an obscure political forum.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 03:29:01 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2021, 05:28:42 AM by Make Democrats Have Standards Again »

Alben Barkley and GeneralMacarthur Whinge About Progressives Part 698265387618367 feat. Ray Goldfield.

Funny how the two people who think this is actual news are the most virulently bigoted red avatar on the forum and Atlas's most prominent smear artist.

(I'm not counting Goldfield here - from my interactions with him it'd be out of character for him to excuse any sort of harassment against progressives, outright harass progressives on here, or do a transphobia)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 04:38:58 AM »

Transphobia to own the libs
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2021, 07:39:17 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2021, 07:46:16 AM by Pick Up the Phone »

Sinema is 100% right. These people should be ashamed of themselves.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2021, 08:00:21 AM »

I mean, yeah, it’s rude for someone to say that in response to her post. But her trying to clap back is major cringe. But also this doesn’t matter.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2021, 08:44:00 AM »

Of course she isn't. The fact that a US Senator is spending her time saying things like "delete your account" and "not tonight, Satan" to coldhearted randos on Twitter Dot Com is beneath her dignity anyway.

Trump’s use of social media was transformational, and will be the most lasting aspect of his legacy
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2021, 10:06:56 AM »

I mean, yeah, it’s rude for someone to say that in response to her post. But her trying to clap back is major cringe. But also this doesn’t matter.
Sanest take here. This exchange is so simple and meaningless. You guys are nerds.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »

This response could have been from her social media manager, FWIW.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies