Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:55:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Progressives attack Sinema on Twitter as she mourns the loss of staffer: “Not tonight, Satan.”  (Read 2454 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »

It would be totally fitting for Sinema to make an account on Atlas and post "no HR-1 for you, bitches!" Please keep up the good work, annoying progressives.  Grin
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 11:16:55 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2021, 11:19:57 AM by LVScreenssuck »

It would be totally fitting for Sinema to make an account on Atlas and post "no HR-1 for you, bitches!" Please keep up the good work, annoying progressives.  Grin
‘I was totally going to ensure the future of American democracy, but someone was mean on Twitter’ are the actions of a sociopath.

The effort that her defenders have expended to turn literally one of a couple hundred of the most powerful people on earth into a victim is utterly enraging.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2021, 11:17:43 AM »

The fact that she took the time to respond to a bad taste comment from a random no profile pic account with less than 20 followers which got ratioed anyway is pretty embarrassing. Either way, who cares
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2021, 11:18:51 AM »

They do this every time someone dies.

Please don't look at the tweet replies to the @RoyalFamily tweet on Prince Philip's death today.

Calling him a racist colonizer and defending their glorious dear leaders Harry and Meghan?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »

Yeah, I’m sure Sanders and Warren neeeeeeeever get snarky responses to some of their social media posts. The people who responded are assholes, but this is not news.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 04:15:54 PM »

Sinema is 100% in the right here even if I think she's 100% wrong about the filibuster.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 05:02:56 PM »

Queen.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »

Embarrassing, she should really get a grip.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 05:42:32 PM »

In the good old days, politicians knew how to burst out at random people:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 05:55:01 PM »

I don't blame her for what she said.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »

Yeah, I’m sure Sanders and Warren neeeeeeeever get snarky responses to some of their social media posts. The people who responded are assholes, but this is not news.

Warren proved that the snake emoji was well deserved.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2021, 07:14:17 PM »

It would be totally fitting for Sinema to make an account on Atlas and post "no HR-1 for you, bitches!" Please keep up the good work, annoying progressives.  Grin

If you're a petty sociopath, yeah.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2021, 08:25:40 PM »

'Sorry black people, you don't get to vote, someone with 20 followers on twitter was mean to me'
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2021, 02:12:26 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2021, 02:17:01 PM by c r a b c a k e »

One of my controversial opinions is that Trump's use of Twitter was the only good thing about him, and something other politicians should adopt. No stupid corporate speak, and no memes; just speaking in your own voice. If anything, I'd have preferred if Simena had ditched the meming and just gave a plain guilt trip to those random users.

I find nothing wrong in general with politicians making fun of annoying people: great anecdote about Gogh Whitlam being badgered about abortion by one man so much he claimed he was in favour of a retrospective abortion on the heckler.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2021, 02:21:03 PM »

This whole thing is gross
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »

It's not just Trump; all elected officials should be legally banned or at least prohibited by some ethics code from pressing buttons on the bird app.

Uh... you think Sinema is the one in the wrong here???

Of course she isn't. The fact that a US Senator is spending her time saying things like "delete your account" and "not tonight, Satan" to coldhearted randos on Twitter Dot Com is beneath her dignity anyway.

Trump’s use of social media was transformational, and will be the most lasting aspect of his legacy

Yes, that is certainly one interpretation.

A hackneyed interpretation that seems to conflate his four-year non-stop narcissistic punching down ego rants that utterly demeaned the office of the presidency, as if they were the Lincoln-Douglas debates or FDR's Fireside Chats. But yes, an interpretation nonetheless.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2021, 02:38:52 PM »

As I said before the Crt will take up Progressive Legislation eventually just like they did Obamacare, the Ds can pass all the Progressive legislation they want it has to get thru Kavanaugh.

They need a Supermajority Senate OH, NC, PA, WI net gains in 2022 to secure not just the lifting of Filibuster but Crt packing and DC Statehood, do you really think Rs are gonna stand idly by and let DC Statehood go uncontested and they have Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh can strike it down and will, he is the swing vote that replaced Kennedy and Roberts can't do a thing about it
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2021, 03:54:06 PM »

It's not just Trump; all elected officials should be legally banned or at least prohibited by some ethics code from pressing buttons on the bird app.

Uh... you think Sinema is the one in the wrong here???

Of course she isn't. The fact that a US Senator is spending her time saying things like "delete your account" and "not tonight, Satan" to coldhearted randos on Twitter Dot Com is beneath her dignity anyway.

Trump’s use of social media was transformational, and will be the most lasting aspect of his legacy

Yes, that is certainly one interpretation.

A hackneyed interpretation that seems to conflate his four-year non-stop narcissistic punching down ego rants that utterly demeaned the office of the presidency, as if they were the Lincoln-Douglas debates or FDR's Fireside Chats. But yes, an interpretation nonetheless.
Del Tachi isn't wrong. I get you dislike Trump, but regardless of what you like or dislike about him, fact is that Trump's use of Twitter was definitely transformative regardless of his morals as a person or policies as a politician.
Social media is highly important for communication in this era; Obama and Trump together helped shape how politicians see and use this medium.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2021, 04:01:38 PM »

One of my controversial opinions is that Trump's use of Twitter was the only good thing about him, and something other politicians should adopt. No stupid corporate speak, and no memes; just speaking in your own voice. If anything, I'd have preferred if Simena had ditched the meming and just gave a plain guilt trip to those random users.

I find nothing wrong in general with politicians making fun of annoying people: great anecdote about Gogh Whitlam being badgered about abortion by one man so much he claimed he was in favour of a retrospective abortion on the heckler.

That’s brilliant. The most famous incident of that type I recall is in 1972 when George McGovern, already realising his campaign was doomed, told a heckler, “I’ve got a secret for you”, then whispered (although he was still overheard) in his ear, “Kiss my ass”. Of course the Nixon people tried to make something out of it, and distributed “KMA” badges, but I almost feel that it would actually be a bigger deal if a Democratic presidential nominee did that today.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2021, 06:58:02 PM »

She is literally as bad as a Republican unless she changes her mind on the filibuster. Her tweet in support of HR1 is Orwellian.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2021, 07:39:56 PM »

I mean, yeah, it’s rude for someone to say that in response to her post. But her trying to clap back is major cringe. But also this doesn’t matter.

Of course, the problem is that Alben and MacArthur knows that this type of stuff doesn't matter. They didn't keep that same energy with Neera when she blamed Bernie staying in the race for causing a COVID spike, and they didn't keep that same energy when the establishment continued to associate with their dregs and deplorables on Twitter.

Harassment only "matters" to the establishment if it's a progressive doing the harassment. If we're the targets of their harassment, suddenly there are either more important things to worry about, or we have no right to talk about it because what about Briahna Joy Gray or the Bernie Bros.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »

Here's the thing about the radical left - by and large they're not as bad as the worst of the far-right, but they sure do their best to convince people otherwise through sheer performative grossness.
Those who do this stuff make up like 10% of the left, but that 10% is the loudest and therefore most visible subsection of the movement. Many people KNOW this, but still choose to lump most of the leftist movement together. Very sad and dishonest behaviour.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2021, 08:31:00 PM »

Here's the thing about the radical left - by and large they're not as bad as the worst of the far-right, but they sure do their best to convince people otherwise through sheer performative grossness.
Those who do this stuff make up like 10% of the left, but that 10% is the loudest and therefore most visible subsection of the movement. Many people KNOW this, but still choose to lump most of the leftist movement together. Very sad and dishonest behaviour.

It's always why I've felt detachment and alienation from the Democratic Party. There's a massive double standard applied against people like me for the mere crime of disagreeing with the establishment.

(To their credit, Biden is helping to do a lot of healing, and I think Harris genuinely wants to build a bridge as well. Unfortunately you can't clean up 30 years of rot in a snap of a finger)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2021, 09:53:16 PM »

It's always why I've felt detachment and alienation from the Democratic Party. There's a massive double standard applied against people like me for the mere crime of disagreeing with the establishment.

(To their credit, Biden is helping to do a lot of healing, and I think Harris genuinely wants to build a bridge as well. Unfortunately you can't clean up 30 years of rot in a snap of a finger)

If Harris wanted to build a bridge, she would have told the KHive to stop being way worse than any progressives. But of course they are establishment bootlickers, so they weren't criticized.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2021, 10:15:07 PM »

If Harris wanted to build a bridge, she would have told the KHive to stop being way worse than any progressives. But of course they are establishment bootlickers, so they weren't criticized.

Ideally, we could all just chalk it up to stan culture and not hold candidates responsible for their stans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies