SurveyUSA - 100 US Senator Approval Ratings 08/06
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SurveyUSA - 100 US Senator Approval Ratings 08/06
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA - 100 US Senator Approval Ratings 08/06  (Read 2999 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 05:51:49 PM »

Is Conrad Burns up for re-election in 2006, or is he safe for now?

Yes, he is up for re-election, and Jon Tester is the Democratic nominee who is challenging him for his senate seat. 

Thanks for the info.  Given Burns approval numbers, or the lack thereof, would you say that the seat is going Democrat in November or is he still safe.

Look at the polls. Last one was tied, but it appears that Tester has the edge.

Still predicting a Tester win, but after the comment he made to the fireman boosted his poll numbers, think Burnsie can squeak it out.

Burns made that comment, and it was a scandal, not a good thing.  I'm not sure what you mean, here.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2006, 06:45:01 PM by Tredrick »

Is Conrad Burns up for re-election in 2006, or is he safe for now?

Yes, he is up for re-election, and Jon Tester is the Democratic nominee who is challenging him for his senate seat. 

Thanks for the info.  Given Burns approval numbers, or the lack thereof, would you say that the seat is going Democrat in November or is he still safe.

Look at the polls. Last one was tied, but it appears that Tester has the edge.

Still predicting a Tester win, but after the comment he made to the fireman boosted his poll numbers, think Burnsie can squeak it out.

Burns made that comment, and it was a scandal, not a good thing.  I'm not sure what you mean, here.

I'm saying all that and Tester did nothing to capitalize.  Like Bob Casey, he's not a good campaigner, just a good candidate.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 07:03:01 PM »

Neither of them, of course, are up for re-election in 2006, but if this holds true in 2008 when Inhofe is up, then it could spell trouble for the Inhofe Senatorial Career.  If he were up in 2006, I would probably vote against Inhofe if the Democrat candidate were to my liking.  Inhofe is just way too conservative for my tastes.  I like someone who is moderate to moderately conservative.  Same goes for Coburn, since I voted for his Democrat opponent Brad Carson in 2004.

If the GOP is in trouble in OK, then the Dems must be in trouble in MA, Inhofe is rather safe.  And regarding Conard Burns, he's in one of the most competitive races.  Guess you don't follow too closely, actually probably not at all.

Why are you being so hostile?  Nobody on this forum has attacked you unless out of retaliation; why do I keep witnessing your rudeness?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »

Neither of them, of course, are up for re-election in 2006, but if this holds true in 2008 when Inhofe is up, then it could spell trouble for the Inhofe Senatorial Career.  If he were up in 2006, I would probably vote against Inhofe if the Democrat candidate were to my liking.  Inhofe is just way too conservative for my tastes.  I like someone who is moderate to moderately conservative.  Same goes for Coburn, since I voted for his Democrat opponent Brad Carson in 2004.

If the GOP is in trouble in OK, then the Dems must be in trouble in MA, Inhofe is rather safe.  And regarding Conard Burns, he's in one of the most competitive races.  Guess you don't follow too closely, actually probably not at all.

Why are you being so hostile?  Nobody on this forum has attacked you unless out of retaliation; why do I keep witnessing your rudeness?

B/c everyone hears thinks I'm a far-right idiot w/o a brain, and that simply is not true.  I keep getting attacked for simply asserting that I thought Talent COULD make VT competitive.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 07:24:44 PM »

B/c everyone hears thinks I'm a far-right idiot w/o a brain, and that simply is not true.  I keep getting attacked for simply asserting that I thought Talent COULD make VT competitive.

There are two reasons in that post alone why people might think you're a brainless idiot.  The first is "everyone hears thinks", and the second is thinking that there is a candidate in Vermont named Talent.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies