2032 Democratic Primary Map: Josh Packwood vs. Stacey Abrams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2032 Democratic Primary Map: Josh Packwood vs. Stacey Abrams
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would win the 2032 Democratic nomination?
Stacey Abrams

Joshua Packwood

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 2

Author Topic: 2032 Democratic Primary Map: Josh Packwood vs. Stacey Abrams  (Read 1209 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »

A two-person race to decide the 2032 Democratic presidential nomination to replace President Harris, former Georgia Gov. Stacey Abrams (2023-2031) and hedge fund manager, civil rights activist and New York Gov. Josh Packwood (2023-) face off.

A progressive white man originally from Missouri and a progressive Black woman from Georgia.....

What does the map look like?

https://money.cnn.com/2016/04/28/news/economy/unstereotyped-white-historically-black-college/index.html
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:12:07 PM »

Who on God's flat earth is Josh Packwood?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »

Packwood is famous for being the first white valedictorian at Morehouse College, a historically Black male-dominated college; he said he would use his white privilege for the rest of his life to help advance the lives of Black people; he grew up with Black people, he lives in NY, he is a hedge fund manager and some people see him running for office.....

MARTIN: That's great. You know, we've been talking a lot about race this year, obviously in part because of Barack Obama's historic candidacy, and so forth. I wonder if you feel you have some thing to offer to racial dialogue in this country as the rare white person who's had the experience of being part of a minority. An elite minority to be sure, but a minority.

Mr. PACKWOOD: Absolutely. I think if I don't do that, I've failed all the people who've help me get this far, and I've failed my institution, I've failed Morehouse, I've failed the family that raised me and really helped me turn my life around - and that being the Joneses, who were a black family - I've failed my girlfriend, I've failed all my friends in high school, if I don't add to that dialogue.

And quite frankly, you know, it might come to a point where I may need to step up and lead that dialogue in some aspects. And Morehouse has prepared me for that. And I'm forever indebted to them, and you know, if I don't go through with that when those opportunities arise, then in many ways I should be labeled a coward or someone who was has dropped the ball and not taken up my responsibilities.

Doesn't sound like something a white male Republican would say.....he is probably a limousine white progressive....
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90428149

https://money.cnn.com/2016/04/28/news/economy/unstereotyped-white-historically-black-college/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/12/white-students-exposed-more-minority-peers-are-less-likely-register-republicans/

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 11:03:43 PM »

Stacey Abrams-26 states won
Josh Packwood-24 states won

Abrams picks Packwood as her running mate to appeal to the white male vote....
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:20:23 PM »

...he is a hedge fund manager...

no contest. end of thread.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 06:41:28 PM »

And graduated Morehouse College as a white man being valedictorian. Black men, one of the Democratic Party's blocs, will see him as a warrior for their interests and could give him the nomination.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5RBnfVDViw
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 06:54:00 PM »

And graduated Morehouse College as a white man being valedictorian. Black men, one of the Democratic Party's blocs, will see him as a warrior for their interests and could give him the nomination.....

He's up against Stacey Abrams and very few know what Morehouse College even is. Can't speak for the black community but white people, hispanic people, you're going to find 1 out of 500 people who know that college's existence.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 07:51:22 PM »

He's up against Stacey Abrams and very few know what Morehouse College even is. Can't speak for the black community but white people, hispanic people, you're going to find 1 out of 500 people who know that college's existence.

Also, what's so bad about being a hedge fund manager and being a New York Democrat, when a LOT of them are?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »

Also, what's so bad about being a hedge fund manager and being a New York Democrat, when a LOT of them are?

Nothing wrong, in the eyes of the electorate, with being from New York. Lots wrong with being a hedge fund manager. Bad choice to motivate progressive base, who care about race issues far less than many believe. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »

Nothing wrong, in the eyes of the electorate, with being from New York. Lots wrong with being a hedge fund manager. Bad choice to motivate progressive base, who care about race issues far less than many believe. 

Do you think he would do well running as an Independent, instead of as a Democrat?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 09:15:06 PM »

If Packwood would not be acceptable to the progressive base, explain JB Pritzker. Explain Phil Murphy, rich multi-millionaires in the Democratic Party.

Would he be acceptable as a VP pick?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies