MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:33:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN  (Read 17798 times)
Oppo

« on: May 13, 2023, 01:31:35 PM »

The more I read about them, the more I come away with the impression that Trone and Alsobrooks would both make good Senators.  I think I’d probably prefer Alsobrooks, but I’d be happy either way.  Raskin probably shouldn’t run though.  We’ve got a decent shot at flipping the House which would make him Chair of a major committee and there are already two solid mainstream progressives running, one of whom shares Raskin’s Montgomery County base. 
Jawano said he'd drop out and run for the House if Raskin runs
Oppo

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 10:39:32 AM »

Isn’t the strongest evidence that Trone isn’t a progressive is that he’s not even a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus?
Oppo

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 01:32:18 PM »

Alsobrooks is still favored, but Trone has enough levels of institutional support that I don’t think his primary odds are quite as dire as Mooney’s are.

I'd say she's overwhelmingly favored. Isn't the majority of Democratic primary voters in Maryland actually black? I'd guess that also favors her, although it doesn't mean black voters just back her because she's African American. However, the state already has three black statewide elected officials (governor, lt. governor and attorney general). It's also the only entire black ticket that won the two highest offices of a state.
Lieutenant Governor Miller is Indian-American
Oppo

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 04:22:47 PM »

Moore owes Alsobrooks for her endorsement in 2022 that swung PG County.

Will Jawando (who dropped out a couple days ago) has also endorsed Alsobrooks.
Oppo

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 11:40:47 AM »

I would note that Trone has a record of winning by large margins in a competitive district (particularly when he was heavily targeted in 2022) while Alsobrooks has run unopposed in all four general elections she has taken part in.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies