MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN  (Read 17773 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: May 10, 2023, 01:21:19 PM »

Sounds like a solid candidate. There need to be more black women in positions of power anyway, there's currently none in the senate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 02:11:30 PM »

Sounds like a solid candidate. There need to be more black women in positions of power anyway, there's currently none in the senate.

I like forward to it going from zero black women to at least two of them in a couple years

What a pity North Carolina didn't elect Cheri Beasley. She would have been an excellent senator.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 02:28:38 PM »

There's no viable coalition for Trone here lmao. Alsobrooks appeals to all sides of the party.

So Alsobrooks is the clear favorite at this point? From what I've read, I certainly hope she wins this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 02:13:18 PM »

Since Raskin is in leadership, I guess he told Hoyer that he's not going to run. I doubt Hoyer would endorse someone not even in the House over someone from leadership to which he himself belonged as well. Alsobrooks is a strong favorite now, and rightfully so.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 09:49:48 AM »

So unless things drastically change, Alsobrooks should have this?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 02:12:54 PM »

It's beyond over for Trone lol

With LBR de facto safe in Delaware, the number of black women in the senate will increase from zero to at least two in the next congress.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 12:51:47 PM »

Alsobrooks is still favored, but Trone has enough levels of institutional support that I don’t think his primary odds are quite as dire as Mooney’s are.

I'd say she's overwhelmingly favored. Isn't the majority of Democratic primary voters in Maryland actually black? I'd guess that also favors her, although it doesn't mean black voters just back her because she's African American. However, the state already has three black statewide elected officials (governor, lt. governor and attorney general). It's also the only entire black ticket that won the two highest offices of a state.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 01:00:26 PM »

Alsobrooks is still favored, but Trone has enough levels of institutional support that I don’t think his primary odds are quite as dire as Mooney’s are.
I'd say she's overwhelmingly favored. Isn't the majority of Democratic primary voters in Maryland actually black? I'd guess that also favors her, although it doesn't mean black voters just back her because she's African American. However, the state already has three black statewide elected officials (governor, lt. governor and attorney general). It's also the only entire black ticket that won the two highest offices of a state.

Lt. Governor Aruna Miller is Indian American.

That should count as "black" though? Just not as "African American" (though Elon Musk would technically qualify for latter).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 02:49:12 PM »

Wait, Hogan is really running? Assuming he wins the primary, this would be bad news for Democrats and at least give either Throne or Alsobrooks a race for their money. However, I expect partisanship to bail them out.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 03:42:33 PM »

This will swing one’s of votes

It will. In the Republican primary. Against Hogan.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 03:16:09 PM »

I thought Alsobrooks was favored even before, though the latest developments probably provide her an even better outlook. I think she'll make a great senator and give certain communities a voice at the national level. Overall Democrats are running a good bunch of newcomers to the chamber this cycle. Especially Alsobrooks, Kim and Schiff.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2024, 01:48:09 PM »

Van Hollen endorses Alsobrooks.

I guess that for sure helps her.

An endorsement from someone like Obama would seal it for her. He still has time to do it.

That's what I thought as well. I don't think Biden will endorse though, he has made little endorsements in Democratic primaries so far. Only one I remember is Shontel Brown over Nina Turner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies