MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN  (Read 18147 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 16, 2024, 11:46:37 AM »

I think the polls are oversampling Hogan you get a Hogan plus 15 poll and then you get a Hogan 3 poll
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2024, 06:27:26 PM »

Everything will be fine once the Democratic primary is settled. Relax, everybody.

This is Maryland we're talking about here-the new micocosm for the Democratic Party.

Hogan has the lack of running against an incumbent and name recognition on his side, but that will all be meaningless soon enough.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2024, 07:46:59 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2024, 07:57:38 AM by UWS »

This is such devastating ad that attacked Representative Trone's business practices and also compared Trone to Donald Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCqQp11O6QM
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2024, 08:14:19 AM »

This is such devastating ad that attacked Representative Trone's business practices and also compared Trone to Donald Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCqQp11O6QM

If you told me this ad was made by a Republican group to meddle in the primary, I'd totally believe you.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2024, 10:45:22 AM »

The polls have bounced around there is no way Hogan beats Also Brook by 18
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2024, 06:12:10 PM »

Van Hollen endorses Alsobrooks.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2024, 08:41:50 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2024, 08:50:56 AM »

I guess that for sure helps her.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2024, 09:20:14 AM »

Haha, this is like the entire Maryland Democratic Party.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2024, 10:54:17 AM »

An endorsement from someone like Obama would seal it for her. He still has time to do it.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2024, 10:59:25 AM »

Is Hogan Thanos?
UncleSam

« Reply #386 on: April 25, 2024, 11:06:56 AM »

Alsobrooks would make this legitimately competitive tbh

She’d still be the favorite and the national party would probably carry her to victory in the end, but Trone would make holding the seat so much easier.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #387 on: April 25, 2024, 11:07:43 AM »

She’d still be the favorite and the national party would probably carry her to victory in the end, but Trone would make holding the seat so much easier.

I don't see any reason to believe she'd be a weaker candidate than Trone.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #388 on: April 25, 2024, 11:18:25 AM »

I mean I’d say the polling paint a pretty clear picture. Feels like this race is one of the clearest examples I’ve yet seen of the “progressive is more electable” truism you see thrown about
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #389 on: April 25, 2024, 11:30:23 AM »

I mean I’d say the polling paint a pretty clear picture. Feels like this race is one of the clearest examples I’ve yet seen of the “progressive is more electable” truism you see thrown about

I think polling is mostly a consequence of Alsobrooks having lower name recognition.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: April 25, 2024, 11:44:32 AM »

Most polls overestimate Rs anyways
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2024, 11:51:28 AM »

I think polling is mostly a consequence of Alsobrooks having lower name recognition.

Yeah, anyone making assumptions right now as to whether Trone or Alsobrooks would be better is just kinda dumb. They'd both perform similarly.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:28 PM »

I would say mainly because of the 20m Trone spent. Alsobrooks was overspent by 20:1.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2024, 12:58:04 PM »

Yeah, anyone making assumptions right now as to whether Trone or Alsobrooks would be better is just kinda dumb. They'd both perform similarly.

I've said it before in this thread: I think Atlas users just have some sort of unrealized bias against women of color political candidates. Most of the time, it is just assumed that they'd perform worse than a generic white guy, based on nothing in particular and no matter what the election is, which isn't too surprising given the demographics of the site's users.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2024, 01:48:09 PM »

An endorsement from someone like Obama would seal it for her. He still has time to do it.

That's what I thought as well. I don't think Biden will endorse though, he has made little endorsements in Democratic primaries so far. Only one I remember is Shontel Brown over Nina Turner.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2024, 03:29:05 PM »

I've said it before in this thread: I think Atlas users just have some sort of unrealized bias against women of color political candidates. Most of the time, it is just assumed that they'd perform worse than a generic white guy, based on nothing in particular and no matter what the election is, which isn't too surprising given the demographics of the site's users.

Christ, get a grip of yourselves! I think you ought to reflect on how invested you are in your candidate if you're calling someone "dumb" and subtly implying they're some sort of racist for merely looking at current objective polling reality. You lot may very well be right about how this turns out in the end, but I don't care for your tone one bit!
UncleSam

« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2024, 04:27:46 PM »

Polling is crystal clear on this one, sorry. Trone is clearly the stronger candidate.

Doesn’t mean she’ll lose. If this were a normal candidate and senate race in Maryland then I’d say the Dem establishment should have carte blanche to endorse who they like. However, given that the GOP nominee is polling 15+ points ahead at this moment, endorsing the weaker candidate seems like an extravagance that Dems might regret come November (might, not will).
UncleSam

« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2024, 04:48:22 PM »

Facts don’t care about your feelings. The facts in this case being Trone consistently polling 3-5 points better than Alsobrooks in a general matchup vs. Hogan, and having a 20x fundraising advantage.

But sure, just blame racism. Peak Atlas #analysis.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2024, 05:25:15 PM »

Facts don’t care about your feelings. The facts in this case being Trone consistently polling 3-5 points better than Alsobrooks in a general matchup vs. Hogan, and having a 20x fundraising advantage.

But sure, just blame racism. Peak Atlas #analysis.

Calm down. You didn't have to double text me to get your point across.

It's already been pointed out to you that Trone's better polling is likely just because of his name recognition advantage, nothing more. Nothing Alsobrooks has done on the campaign trail has given us any reason to believe Trone is a better quality candidate. I do think it is a bit racist that even after his j*gaboo comment people here still believe him to be the better candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2024, 08:25:43 AM »

Polling is crystal clear on this one, sorry. Trone is clearly the stronger candidate.

Doesn’t mean she’ll lose. If this were a normal candidate and senate race in Maryland then I’d say the Dem establishment should have carte blanche to endorse who they like. However, given that the GOP nominee is polling 15+ points ahead at this moment, endorsing the weaker candidate seems like an extravagance that Dems might regret come November (might, not will).

Polling does nothing of the sort to prove this. Trone has outspent Alsobrooks like 15:1 at this point, and the average of polls doesn't have him that far ahead. If anything, that speaks to him not being the stronger candidate, since you'd think he'd have a bigger lead. A lot of this is also simply name rec.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies