🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024)  (Read 27960 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: April 04, 2021, 01:35:09 PM »

I see Volt is a part of IS!MV!. Would have thought DB would be more logical. From what I can see, the Bulgarian division does not seem to be that big, so probably unlikely any of their candidates get in.

Other than in Germany and the Netherlands Volt is incredibly small elsewhere. I guess it is nice to have a Europe-wide party but its results are always going to be super country dependent.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »

Also if that exit poll is true, great news imo, with far right parties not making the threshold. Bulgaria would join the small "no far right" club of EU countries.

Sadly it seems to still have tons of oligarch led corrupt parties, but this election seems to be an improvement? I generally distrust anti corruption parties but it seems the corrupt people are getting punished, even if it is in many cases by voting a different set of oligarchs
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 02:15:39 PM »

Also if that exit poll is true, great news imo, with far right parties not making the threshold. Bulgaria would join the small "no far right" club of EU countries.

Sadly it seems to still have tons of oligarch led corrupt parties, but this election seems to be an improvement? I generally distrust anti corruption parties but it seems the corrupt people are getting punished, even if it is in many cases by voting a different set of oligarchs
VMRO is very much a far-right party, though they tend to focus more on the Macedonian issue where they have the widest popular support.

I thought there was a 5% threshold? Granted 4.7% is well within the margin of error
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »

On the note of the Tsar Party, how is his government seen? After all, the Tsar creating a political party and actually winning an election is certainly one of the most interesting stories in all of politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies