Is the blue wall done because of census reapportionment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the blue wall done because of census reapportionment
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the blue wall done because of census reapportionment  (Read 593 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »

(Blue wall which is 23 states)

The "Blue Wall" of 278 electoral votes will be worth 270 electoral votes after the 2020 census reapportionment. That same group was worth 282 electoral votes before 2010. Its almost assured that it will be less than 270 after 2030

With states like New York and Illinois losing shares of the population and states like Florida and Texas gaining, the Democrats will no longer be able to win by just the Northeast, West Coast, and Upper Midwest. After 2028, they'll need to win states like Georgia and Texas.

Of course, states like WI and PA were never truly part of the "Blue Wall". And even if they could deliver enough electoral votes, the trends suggest they'll be lost to Democrats eventually

So, is the blue wall dead after 2028? If it isn't already
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 12:04:30 PM »

What about Texas, Georgia, and Arizona? Texas could flip soon. North Carolina might also flip.
Motorcity

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »

What about Texas, Georgia, and Arizona? Texas could flip soon. North Carolina might also flip.
That's my point. Biden didn't need any of the states you mentioned. He could have won just with WI/MI/PA

What I'm saying is, starting 2032, WI/MI/PA won't be enough. A Democrat will need to win more in the sunbelt
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »

That's my point. Biden didn't need any of the states you mentioned. He could have won just with WI/MI/PA

What I'm saying is, starting 2032, WI/MI/PA won't be enough. A Democrat will need to win more in the sunbelt

And they probably will whether its with the current coalition or with another one they get by doubling down on some issues and conceding on others.

It will be a done deal when half of the Sunbelt votes to the left of the three rustbelt states Dems need right now.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/326V1

Minnesota and Texas maybe, too...
EastwoodS

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »

And they probably will whether its with the current coalition or with another one they get by doubling down on some issues and conceding on others.

It will be a done deal when half of the Sunbelt votes to the left of the three rustbelt states Dems need right now.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/326V1

Minnesota and Texas maybe, too...
Culturally Texas will be hard to flip for good. Their demographics on paper don’t look great for Republicans however their demographics across the board are also more GOP friendly bc again, the culture of the state is just more conservative. Comparing TX to CA was silly considering that in CA’s most conservative days it was considered moderate at best. Even VA, or NC which were always more to the left progressively for other states in the south.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies