CA - Recall No +16 (PPIC)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:04:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA - Recall No +16 (PPIC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA - Recall No +16 (PPIC)  (Read 868 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2021, 11:26:00 AM »

A substantial majority of California voters say they do not support recalling Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) from office as voters give high marks to legislation he signed to combat the economic recession brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.

Fifty-six percent of voters say they oppose the recall effort to remove Newsom from office, according to a new Public Policy Institute of California poll released this week, while 40 percent of likely voters say they would support a recall.

Democrats and Republicans are split over the recall, though Democratic voters outnumber registered Republicans by a nearly two-to-one margin in California. Among independents, 53 percent oppose recalling Newsom. Men narrowly favor removing him from office, but women oppose the recall by a 64 percent to 31 percent margin.

White voters oppose the recall by a 7-point margin, while Latino voters want to keep Newsom in office by a 20-point margin. The poll did not break out results among Black voters or Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/545725-poll-majority-of-california-voters-dont-back-recall
https://www.ppic.org/wp-content/uploads/crosstabs-likely-voters-0321.pdf
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »

Rs tried to recall Newsom and they lost both Elections by a landslide, they wasted their money
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »

God, I hope this ends up in an epic failure. Imagine how stupid Faulconer and Cox look if around 60% vote No, and that roughly a year before the next regular election. And I could easily see 60% being reached since Newsom just started campaigning against it and Uncle Joe & Kamala haven't been involved yet.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 01:40:53 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 03:16:44 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

52-41 against recall in OC/San Diego and 50-50 in the IE + Central Valley. What a waste of time.

Newsom & California Democrats may actually come out stronger than ever after this recall + next year's reelection + whatever COVID recovery in the next 2 years.

I know this was a grassroots effort and the CA GOP came onboard fairly late, but they are a very dumb state party. And that's without the Faulconer/Cox/Grenell infighting even getting into full gear.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »

When I expressed my expectation the recall would be rejected by the same margin Davis went down (45-55), I was being generous to the GOP. They should just give up on statewide CA. It's not happening these days or any time soon.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »

The only real danger to Newsom was if Disney actively worked against him due to the endless lockdowns. With those being lifted just enough, he'll be fine.
Pink Panther

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »

The only way I see the California GOP win a statewide election(excluding Senate and Presidency, it's not happening at the moment unless with very extraordinary circumstances) is if they find a quality candidate, while the Dems bungle and nominate someone subpar or worse(also isn't united), in the right national conditions, like most safe/mostly safe states. The problem with this recall was that Newsom wasn't despised, Dems united against this recall, and the GOP is not uniting behind their quality candidate(Falconer) and instead is infighting themselves.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 10:57:56 AM »

Misread that as "recall number 16"
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 09:33:28 PM »

How the heck is the recall losing by 11 in OC, while only losing by 16 statewide???
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 02:03:10 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2021, 02:06:49 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

The problem with this recall was that Newsom wasn't despised, Dems united against this recall, and the GOP is not uniting behind their quality candidate(Falconer) and instead is infighting themselves.

AKA: Every CA gubernatorial election since 2010.

The CA GOP really need to pick a lane already and stay in it. I've no clue what their purpose is right now, nor what they actually stand for.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies