HB 29.27 Discriminatory Training Ban (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:26:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 29.27 Discriminatory Training Ban (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HB 29.27 Discriminatory Training Ban (Failed)  (Read 1245 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2021, 03:40:13 PM »
« edited: April 15, 2021, 03:39:13 PM by ¿ »

AN ACT
To ban divisive race theory within the federal government

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

i. This bill may be known as the Discriminatory Training Ban.

Section II. Substance
i. Any Federal agency may not use diversity training which promotes racist concepts during training such as but not limited to that an “individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously” and that “any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.”
Section III. Enforcement
i. Any worker who is in a department with one of these trainings can whistleblower to an appropriate department for an official reprimand of whoever ordered said training.
ii. Said whistleblower can be granted a reward of up to $10,000 and any workers who experienced discomfort during the training can be granted compensation of up to $50 per hour of the training.
iii. All fines must come from any diversity sub department funding within the department that has stated racist training.

Sponsor: Lfromnj

Sponsor, please advocate.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 03:44:00 PM »

this is a joke and the House might as well just disband and never show up to work again, if they pass this, the speaker should've just declared this frivolous and never brought it to the floor.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2021, 04:17:14 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

This uses concepts from the IRL WV bill although it still allows contractors and some other concepts to exist. Overall would prevent federal workers from feeling harrased by woke agents. This would not ban all diversity training, for example something like this would still clearly be permitted but what the employees desired may not be permitted.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/free-library-diversity-training-20210324.html

In a diversity and inclusion training for Free Library of Philadelphia staff last week, a presenter told the nearly 200 attendees to avoid terms like white supremacy and systemic racism because they were overused, distracted from solutions, and focused on just one race. White privilege — which she called “one of the other myths out there” — was another to avoid.

This kind of language, Brandi Baldwin, a Black diversity consultant, told the staff, didn’t account for the fact that people of color, too, could cause harm.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »

This uses concepts from the IRL WV bill although it still allows contractors and some other concepts to exist. Overall would prevent federal workers from feeling harrased by woke agents.

yes banning gender equality training protects people from "woke agents," which is just Newsmax buzzwords, what a logical conclusion...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 03:48:03 PM »

this is a joke and the House might as well just disband and never show up to work again, if they pass this, the speaker should've just declared this frivolous and never brought it to the floor.

It has been our strategy to be rather hesistant to pull the trigger when it comes to such procedures because it can be arbitrary and second of all, there are many cases where a bill can be amended to a better territory.

In fact the most times this process was used dealt with something that was already done or directly conflicted with a previous bill or was directly unconstitutional, in which case the sponsor could and did in fact reoffer such as an amendment in the most recent example.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 03:50:04 PM »

This uses concepts from the IRL WV bill although it still allows contractors and some other concepts to exist. Overall would prevent federal workers from feeling harrased by woke agents.

yes banning gender equality training protects people from "woke agents," which is just Newsmax buzzwords, what a logical conclusion...

People are not born to view things a certain way because of unchangeable aspects of their identity, they develop such as a result of conditioning by virtue of the environment in which they are raised and educated.

There are ways to do diversity training without being just another form of racist yourself.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »

I'll work on something like this at the Southern regional level.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 06:10:30 PM »

This is a frivolous bill and the Speaker should not allow it on the floor
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 06:15:10 PM »

Is this training currently used by the federal government?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »

Is this training currently used by the federal government?

Generally its more common at the local level, in education or similar, but its not completely redundant. 
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 07:12:17 PM »

Lol this is the second joke of a bill in like 24 hours. GTFO.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »

Anyone have anything further to add here?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 04:17:13 PM »

AN ACT

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

Section II. Substance
i. i. Any Federal agency may not use diversity training which promotes racist concepts during training such as but not limited to , to be defined as the following concept or a substantially similar concept, that an “individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously” and that “any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.”
Section III. Enforcement
i. Any worker who is in a department with one of these trainings can whistleblow to an appropriate department for an official reprimand of whoever ordered said training.
ii. Said whistleblower can be granted a reward of up to $10,000 and any workers who experienced discomfort during the training can be granted compensation of up to $50 per hour of the training.
iii. All fines must first come from any diversity sub department funding within the department that has stated racist training.

Amendment to moderate it such as Dwarven Dragon did.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 12:32:28 AM »

AN ACT

Section I. Title

Section II. Substance
i. i. Any Federal agency may not use diversity training which promotes racist concepts during training such as but not limited to , to be defined as the following concept or a substantially similar concept, that an “individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously” and that “any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.”
Section III. Enforcement
i. Any worker who is in a department with one of these trainings can whistleblow to an appropriate department for an official reprimand of whoever ordered said training.
iii. All fines must first come from any diversity sub department funding within the department that has stated racist training.

Amendment to moderate it such as Dwarven Dragon did.
Amendment has been adopted.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 01:35:31 AM »

I'll motion for a final vote
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 01:43:26 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2021, 01:47:17 AM by ¿ »

A final vote has started. 72 hours.

This is the version being voted on:

AN ACT

Section I. Title

Section II. Substance
i. i. Any Federal agency may not use diversity training which promotes racist concepts during training, to be defined as the following concept or a substantially similar concept,[/b] that any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.
Section III. Enforcement
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 05:31:24 PM »

Aye
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 08:21:59 PM »

Lincoln made a mistake passing this, I urge Congress not to make the same mistake and force this misguided policy on the good people of the South and Fremont
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 09:49:47 PM »

Aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 09:52:19 PM »

Lincoln made a mistake passing this, I urge Congress not to make the same mistake and force this misguided policy on the good people of the South and Fremont
I'm gonna force it on the good people of the South so hard!  Wink
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 12:17:37 AM »

Despite what LT's inner troll would like you to think, the bill clearly states that this applies only to federal agencies. The South and Frémont are very welcome to pass their own policies on this as Lincoln has done.

Aye.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 01:20:12 PM »

NAY

I understand the intent behind this, but the bill as written could be interpreted in a way that would eliminate all diversity trainings.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »

Also voting nay. I'm a little worried about the potential implications of this and it could be interpreted to crack down on free speech in work settings.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 11:10:05 AM »

Nay
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician