Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 06:01:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 251167 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3075 on: October 28, 2021, 08:51:14 PM »

What's the tl;dr on this? Is something going to pass? Will there be a vote?
Attorney General & LGC Deputy Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #3076 on: October 28, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »

What's the tl;dr on this? Is something going to pass? Will there be a vote?

Nothing this week. They just extended existing transportation programs through Dec. 3
randomusername

« Reply #3077 on: October 28, 2021, 09:25:38 PM »

"Trying to take down the president — not smart,” he added.

So what pray tell is what Sinema, Manchin and Gottheimer doing?
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3078 on: October 28, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »

Being “Problem Solvers” obviously
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3079 on: October 28, 2021, 10:10:47 PM »

All these old Democrats are going the way of Joe Crowley if they haven't realized it yet.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #3080 on: October 28, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »

If today was enough to get them fuming, then the past few months of Manchin and Sinema surely must have gotten them apoplectic. Strange we are not seeing any reports about that though...
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #3081 on: October 28, 2021, 11:18:22 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 11:25:44 PM by R.P. McM »

All these old Democrats are going the way of Joe Crowley if they haven't realized it yet.

Agreed. Seeing as how the trifecta is dead post-2022, the primary aim of the progressive wing of the DNC will be to seek and destroy the backstabber caucus. Schrader and Gottheimer will be at or near the top of the list of people made examples of.

BTW: Isn't Crowley currently lobbying against proposed tax hikes on the affluent? What a POS — yeah, AOC was totally wrong /s.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3082 on: October 28, 2021, 11:24:39 PM »

If today was enough to get them fuming, then the past few months of Manchin and Sinema surely must have gotten them apoplectic. Strange we are not seeing any reports about that though...

Just left a VM with Schrader's DC Office, since his Salem Office is closed for the Night (Can't even leave a VM).

Can't send an email to Schrader since when I enter my zip-code, get a "Out of District" response.

Basically left a VM saying that although currently I am in CD-04 and will be in CD-05 come 2022 might oppose him in the primaries if he continues to block Biden's agenda....

We remember.....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3083 on: October 28, 2021, 11:34:40 PM »

Youngkin is taking splice in D's not passing the Stimulus bill in infrastructure
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3084 on: October 29, 2021, 12:55:15 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 12:58:52 AM by Your Vote Is A Muscle »

Glenn Youngkin should send Jayapal and Sanders nice Christmas presents since their grandstanding may well have gift-wrapped him the VA Governor's office.

We get it, you like Trump more than Bernie. Now go put on your blue avatar where you belong.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3085 on: October 29, 2021, 01:53:29 AM »

Is . . . is the irony of this completely lost on these guys?

The progressives have been the MOST reliable supporters of Biden's agenda, not them.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3086 on: October 29, 2021, 02:01:06 AM »

Oh no, the irony isn't lost on them. They're well aware that they're the ones doing the obstructing.

They just need someone to shift the blame onto.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3087 on: October 29, 2021, 04:23:16 AM »

I wonder if the Dems end up losing VA gov race that it would trigger cooperation between the various Dem factions into compromising as such an election result would show the Dem majority to be fleeting and they only have this one shot to get something done.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3088 on: October 29, 2021, 04:49:28 AM »

No. Because Manchin and Synema want 'bipartisan' bills to vote for in a Republican controlled Congress.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3089 on: October 29, 2021, 04:56:51 AM »

No direct endorsement/promise to vote for it so far.

Pathetic. No BIF vote for you then, you spineless piece of sh*t.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #3090 on: October 29, 2021, 05:21:38 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3091 on: October 29, 2021, 05:55:56 AM »

Of course, they will eventually. The question is when and what there will be in the reconciliation bill.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3092 on: October 29, 2021, 06:10:47 AM »

I’m over it.

What a stupid ordeal. Democrats can’t govern and have no clue how to handle power. I’m not voting for a Republican ever again but I can see why people are. Dems are gonna lose big time next year…after an avoidable and painful loss in the VA governor race.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #3093 on: October 29, 2021, 06:49:36 AM »

If the Democrats were competent, Biden would meet with CPC and Sanders and Warren and assure them that a week before Christmas he’ll executive order student loan relief in exchange for their vote for BBB.

But this is the Democratic Party we’re talking about. They’ll hop on Twitter and start saying the “latinx” community wants open borders and “birthing people” demand infinite paid time off.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3094 on: October 29, 2021, 06:57:25 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 07:50:23 AM by roxas11 »

I’m over it.

What a stupid ordeal. Democrats can’t govern and have no clue how to handle power. I’m not voting for a Republican ever again but I can see why people are. Dems are gonna lose big time next year…after an avoidable and painful loss in the VA governor race.

Well, in fairness, they are going to lose the house no matter what happens simply because of redistricting by Republicans

Now when it comes to governing a lot of Dems should have realised that they don't have that much power to begin with. They barely have a majority yet some on the left deluded themselves into thinking that they could force Joe Manchin into going along with all of their priorities.

Part of the problem is that progressives see this as a fight they actually think they can win when in reality they stand no chance and Joe Manchin has all the leverage and power. Any reasonable person who looked at this objectively would say that they progressives simply need to accept the fact that it is either Joe Manchin way or nothing at all

and if they don't like that then don't blame Joe Manchin, Blame their own party for underperforming in 2020 and putting us all in this crappy situation in the first place...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3095 on: October 29, 2021, 07:58:33 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2021, 08:03:39 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

I’m over it.

Well, in fairness, they are going to lose the house no matter what happens simply because of redistricting by Republicans

Now when it comes to governing a lot of Dems should have realised that they don't have that much power to begin with. They barely have a majority yet some on the left deluded themselves into thinking that they could force Joe Manchin into going along with all of their priorities.

Part of the problem is that progressives see this as a fight they actually think they can win when in reality they stand no chance and Joe Manchin has all the leverage and power. Any reasonable person who looked at this objectively would say that they progressives simply need to accept the fact that it is either Joe Manchin way or nothing at all

and if they don't like that then don't blame Joe Manchin, Blame their own party for underperforming in 2020 and putting us all in this crappy situation in the first place...

.Biden isn't gonna be at 45 on Nov 2022

We don't know how many sts Cali, IL and NY will gain for DS, 4(8 sts so Ra are Favs but not the Prohibited Fav and Biden isn't gonna be at 45 on Election night

Cali alone can be 4 sts subtract alone for RS and other sts RS will lose in NY and IL will make up for TX and RS will still be down 5 seats in a wash

A 222/216 DH and a 51/55 st Senate is probable depending on WI, PA, GA, OH, NC and FL, Ryan is tied in his website with Mandel at 38, he isn't gonna win by 1o like Trump win OH by he isn't Rob Portman and if VR passes it increases the DH majority in TX sts
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3096 on: October 29, 2021, 08:10:49 AM »

All I'm saying is that this situation has left a lot of Democratic voters disaffected and unmotivated.  What do I care now if the bill ever gets passed?  Spoiler alert: I don't care.  It's a non-issue to me now, except for the fact that Democrats squandered most likely the only opportunity they're gonna get for a long time or possibly ever.  We're going to lose a governorship over this and we're gonna lose more House and Senate seats than necessary.

Sure, I blame Manchin and Sinema.  I also blame Biden and Schumer.  I blame voters everywhere for not electing good senators in what should've been easy pick ups like Maine and North Carolina.

Just pass the f**king thing or drop it and let's move onto something else.  Get it done now or forget about it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3097 on: October 29, 2021, 08:19:15 AM »

All I'm saying is that this situation has left a lot of Democratic voters disaffected and unmotivated.  What do I care now if the bill ever gets passed?  Spoiler alert: I don't care.  

You're being a selfish ass. The Medicaid Expansion question is over. Millions of people will now get $0 premium coverage when they were getting nothing before. That alone is a huge gamechanger, and would be a signature Biden achievement if that's all this bill was.

The childcare and preschool stuff is huge for parents, a big money saver.

Look, I'm bummed too that some of my personal pet issues didn't make it in, but this is still going to change millions of lives for the better. You should absolutely care about that.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3098 on: October 29, 2021, 09:08:31 AM »

All I'm saying is that this situation has left a lot of Democratic voters disaffected and unmotivated.  What do I care now if the bill ever gets passed?  Spoiler alert: I don't care.  It's a non-issue to me now, except for the fact that Democrats squandered most likely the only opportunity they're gonna get for a long time or possibly ever.  We're going to lose a governorship over this and we're gonna lose more House and Senate seats than necessary.

Sure, I blame Manchin and Sinema.  I also blame Biden and Schumer.  I blame voters everywhere for not electing good senators in what should've been easy pick ups like Maine and North Carolina.

Just pass the f**king thing or drop it and let's move onto something else.  Get it done now or forget about it.
You do know we get one more reconciliation bill before the midterms?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3099 on: October 29, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/28/budget-deal-democrats-biden-framework-517469

The more I read the bill, the better it sounds

1. It expands the Obamacare subsidies, letting millions keep their $0 and $10 a month plans for the next 5 years

2. It expands Medicaid in states that havn't expanded it, allowing millions of low income Americans in 12 republican states get Medicaid

3. 150 billion for home care, seniors who need help but don't want to live in a retirment home

4. Hearing for seniors under Medicare

5. 150 billion to improve our infrastructure to to be able to withstand climate diasters like hurricanes and wild fires

6. Money for kids to eat in Summer, extending the PEBT program

7. Give Pell grants an additional 500 a year. Also allow dreamers to get Pell

8. 150 billion tp build public housing and help Americans afford down payments on first home
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies