Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:19:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 244027 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 21, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
« edited: September 21, 2021, 09:28:11 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Looming DEBT CEILING DEBACLE IS GONNA COST DS THE H, RS SAID THEY ARE GONNA FILIBUSTER UNLESS DS PUT IT INTO RECONCILIATION EXCEPT Kennedy

Biden is at 31 in IA now

Where are Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Sasse, Portman and Toomey and Capito and Ernst the reasonable Rs

Obviously, Manchin and Sinema aren't going for a Debt Ceiling Increase thru Reconciliation, D's would already put it thru, forget the 4.7T package it won't pass, now

DS Have the votes in the H, it's obviously the Filibuster and the Senate
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2021, 11:02:15 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2021, 11:08:26 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

All Da have to do is make Rs do a standing Filibuster on VR and Debt Ceiling since Manchin and Sinema won't break Filibuster

Clyburn right on Constitutional issues like Budgets or VR THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A FILIBUSTER INCLUDING STATEHOOD

Due to fact Minority plays partisan games with it

Collins is MIA she's done, she ran as a phony Maverick again in 2020, she's blocking everything

They say military won't get paid
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1352 on: September 21, 2021, 11:30:12 AM »

I appreciate that posters have different priorities and agendas on all of this, but a couple of things.

The Sept 27 deadline date came to be in order for the Dems to round up enough votes to win the procedural vote to start the reconciliation process in the first instance, because some "rogue" Dems were insisting on a vote on the infrastructure bill on a stand alone basis. The Sept 27 thing was the finesse. Let us get going on reconciliation and you agree to a delay on the infrastructure bill until Sept 27, at which time, infrastructure or no, you get your vote.

How will it work out politically for the Dems if they kill the infrastructure bill because they did not get their way on reconciliation? Is that really a creditable threat for them to make vis a vis the "rogue Dem" caucus? That seems like a bluff to me, and if the Dems really go there, I think the rogue Dems will call it.

We shall see. I see on my screen "Sept 21" (how time flies), so six more days to go - until this coming Monday! I guess the only people playing on the congressional golf course this weekend will be Pubs.

Addendum: Thinks seem to be devolving into a clown car smash up for the Dems.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/democrats-biden-domestic-agenda-implode-513218

Who is in charge over there anyway? Yeah, I know, nobody. That's why so many folks are rushing to the microphones to say what seem to me to be rather unwise and foolish things. If someone were in charge, they would all be told to shut up.

If we’re gonna lose anyway b/c of Sinemanchin’s nonsense, we might as well spit in their faces on the way out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1353 on: September 21, 2021, 11:32:24 AM »

I appreciate that posters have different priorities and agendas on all of this, but a couple of things.

The Sept 27 deadline date came to be in order for the Dems to round up enough votes to win the procedural vote to start the reconciliation process in the first instance, because some "rogue" Dems were insisting on a vote on the infrastructure bill on a stand alone basis. The Sept 27 thing was the finesse. Let us get going on reconciliation and you agree to a delay on the infrastructure bill until Sept 27, at which time, infrastructure or no, you get your vote.

How will it work out politically for the Dems if they kill the infrastructure bill because they did not get their way on reconciliation? Is that really a creditable threat for them to make vis a vis the "rogue Dem" caucus? That seems like a bluff to me, and if the Dems really go there, I think the rogue Dems will call it.

We shall see. I see on my screen "Sept 21" (how time flies), so six more days to go - until this coming Monday! I guess the only people playing on the congressional golf course this weekend will be Pubs.

Addendum: Thinks seem to be devolving into a clown car smash up for the Dems.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/democrats-biden-domestic-agenda-implode-513218

Who is in charge over there anyway? Yeah, I know, nobody. That's why so many folks are rushing to the microphones to say what seem to me to be rather unwise and foolish things. If someone were in charge, they would all be told to shut up.

If we’re gonna lose anyway b/c of Sinemanchin’s nonsense, we might as well spit in their faces on the way out.

We aren't gonna lose have you seen the polls we have a chance in OH and NC Sen and Johnson is tied and Fetterman, Bennett and Kelly are up by nine and we're up by  5 in VA

Rs haven't cracked the Blue wall since 2016
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1354 on: September 21, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »

Biden is down in the polls because he hasn't shown any leadership on the Debt Ceiling or the Reconciliation, he needs to act on it soon or D's are gonna lose

If there isn't a Debt Ceiling resolution by Nov, we can lose NJ or VA, Murphy is only 3 pts ahead

There are Red flags too, it's not gonna be Easy as Klobuchar said
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1356 on: September 22, 2021, 04:00:25 AM »

The Sawx Vindication Tour continues.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1357 on: September 22, 2021, 07:57:54 AM »

I can't tell if Dems are just saying sh**t to say it, or they're really believing this stuff, b/c the topline # doesn't make a difference at all when it's over 10 years.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1358 on: September 22, 2021, 08:38:52 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 09:41:17 AM by roxas11 »

The Sawx Vindication Tour continues.

I acually see this as a positive sign

Maggie Hassan may not be rushing to say that she will support the $3.5 trillion spending bill, but it's very telling that she also did not come out in support of Joe Manchin ridiculous "strategic pause" idea

to me that clearly shows that unlike Manchin she wants to actually get something done this year before she faces voters in 2022
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #1359 on: September 22, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »

biden need to show leadership - he puts no public pressure on anyone, he's tied much of his political capital/time/effort into these bills but does not use bully pulpit
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1360 on: September 22, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »

I’m still confused why this forum is so convinced the 3.5T bill is so important for Dem midterm prospects

It just isn’t true that 2010 was lost due to low turnout among dejected dems

2010 turnout was down everywhere.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1361 on: September 22, 2021, 02:36:25 PM »

Ok, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer should get more aggressive to get the Democrats in line. It's already a disappointment congress was unable to pass any legislation of significance in several months since spring. I just don't understand why some self described moderates don't understand inaction is much more harmful to the Democrats than doing nothing or small packages. Economists across the board have concluded this package makes sense. Get it done, the clock is ticking!
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1362 on: September 22, 2021, 02:52:15 PM »

I can't tell if Dems are just saying sh**t to say it, or they're really believing this stuff, b/c the topline # doesn't make a difference at all when it's over 10 years.
Also that the topline number is gross cost, ie not including all the off-sets and revenue increases. This is something that only gets done with spending bills, for instance the top marginal rate tax cuts from the Trump administration was quite a bit larger than 1.5 trillion if you don’t include off-sets, but no one reported it that way.

And, of course, the ‘fiscal conservatives’ are going to mattresses to gut all the means to pay for it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: September 22, 2021, 04:32:46 PM »

Ok, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer should get more aggressive to get the Democrats in line. It's already a disappointment congress was unable to pass any legislation of significance in several months since spring. I just don't understand why some self described moderates don't understand inaction is much more harmful to the Democrats than doing nothing or small packages. Economists across the board have concluded this package makes sense. Get it done, the clock is ticking!

Biden said he would bring Rs into and be more Bipartisan in the inauguration and the Rs aren't gonna give D's 10 votes to lift the Debt Ceiling to pass a 497T

You aren't gonna have infrastructure or Anything unless the Debt Ceiling is raised anyways d

What happened to bipartisan Biden
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1364 on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:24 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mcconnell-tells-democrats-not-214329695.html

Biden supposed to be bipartisan as Mcconnell says to Ds the pass your own plan and debt Ceiling thru Reconciliation, not to play rush and Roulette with Debt Ceiling

No 4.7T Spending plan is passing until Govt and Debt Ceiling is funded

But, but, But, Biden said he was bipartisan in the Senate and work with Rs, everything he has been trying to pass is thru Reconciliation including VR, Spending and UBI benefits and immigration reform
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1365 on: September 22, 2021, 06:09:18 PM »

Oh they understand it.

They're just making sure that the people opposed to it won't turn them down for cushy lobbying jobs when they're done.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #1366 on: September 22, 2021, 06:23:59 PM »

Early whip count of infrastructure vote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/573409-whip-list-how-house-democrats-say-theyll-vote-on-infrastructure-bill

gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #1367 on: September 22, 2021, 06:34:04 PM »

I hope we get a dramatic vote on the house floor ala McCain thumb Down
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1368 on: September 22, 2021, 06:51:23 PM »

Yarmouth? The hell?

The budget committee chairman is voting to kill the President’s signature budgetary policy?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1369 on: September 22, 2021, 07:13:35 PM »

Don't forget about Katie McGinty or Ben Nelson. Them being elected would have made a difference too.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1370 on: September 22, 2021, 07:22:41 PM »

Don't be surprised.

Apart from a handful of them, politicians are primarily concerned with two things:

1: Re-election
2: Securing a high-paying lobbying job for when they leave.

Doing things to help people is like, number 100 on that list.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1371 on: September 22, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1372 on: September 22, 2021, 08:09:31 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 08:13:09 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

But, But, but, Biden promised us Bipartisanship, obviously, that's not the case he is trying to it everything thru Reconciliation

On Sept 30, there won't be and 4=7T, when Govt shutsdown, Rs aren't voting for a Continuing Resolution with Debt Ceiling attached either
Cruz is set to invoke Legislature Filibuster on Govt funding and Debt Ceiling
,🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1373 on: September 22, 2021, 08:44:34 PM »

The whu???

The whu???

Daying for the daybreak if democrats for the future supporting if not then when?

It saying must selfish

Frustrate
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1374 on: September 22, 2021, 09:47:32 PM »

The whu???

The whu???

Daying for the daybreak if democrats for the future supporting if not then when?

It saying must selfish

Frustrate
hello olakwandi good to see you
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies