Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:48:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 247277 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: July 15, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »
« edited: July 15, 2021, 07:05:36 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

The D's are in Disarray, they can't get VR passed and Tester said today he isn't for eliminating the Filibuster either even on a carveout on VR, because the D's agreed not to nuke the Filibuster on their Organization resolution

Once, Reconciliation passes, D's are gonna face R Gerrymandering districts in TX, FL, KS and IA and  Biden isn't at 60 percent anymore to buck the Gerrymandering, NEXT FEBRUARY

It was thought that Biden 60 percent Approvals can create a tsunami, SO BIG, to buck even the R Gerrymandering, well he is back to Election night back to Earth Approvals NORMS, HE ISNT AT 45 PERCENT LIKE TRUMP BUT 51 PERCENT ISNT GONNA CREATE A TSUNAMI BLUE WAVE TO BUCK GERRYMANDERING
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #676 on: July 18, 2021, 12:24:16 PM »

I wish someone would tell him that if his constituents wanted a Republican to represent them in Congress, they would have voted for one.  They want a choice, not an echo. 

It’s probably Kurt Schrader
Our majority is small but its not so small one or even two people can prevent a bill from passing. Golden and Schrader wouldn't be enough so there has to be a third. Spanberger maybe?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #677 on: July 18, 2021, 12:48:50 PM »

I wish someone would tell him that if his constituents wanted a Republican to represent them in Congress, they would have voted for one.  They want a choice, not an echo.  

Our majority is small but its not so small one or even two people can prevent a bill from passing. Golden and Schrader wouldn't be enough so there has to be a third. Spanberger maybe?

Schrader makes the most sense.  He opposes the reconciliation bill and is likely trying to create the perception that it doesn’t have enough support in the House.  I don’t believe for a second that it doesn’t have the votes to pass in the House though.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #678 on: July 18, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »

I wish someone would tell him that if his constituents wanted a Republican to represent them in Congress, they would have voted for one.  They want a choice, not an echo. 

Possibly Stephanie Murphy?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #679 on: July 18, 2021, 01:51:42 PM »

Possibly Stephanie Murphy?

Murphy wouldn’t make any sense and neither she nor Spanberger are gonna vote against the Dem-only infrastructure bill
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #680 on: July 18, 2021, 02:17:08 PM »

Republicans insist on protecting wealthy tax dodgers at the expense of infrastructure:

Senator: Bipartisan infrastructure bill loses IRS provision

The deal keeps getting worse and worse.  I am nearly at the point at which I want the bipartisan infrastructure plan to fail, and just do one massive combined infrastructure bill under reconciliation.  
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #681 on: July 18, 2021, 02:24:27 PM »

Republicans insist on protecting wealthy tax dodgers at the expense of infrastructure:

The deal keeps getting worse and worse.  I am nearly at the point at which I want the bipartisan infrastructure plan to fail, and just do one massive combined infrastructure bill under reconciliation.  

I thought that the problem with reconciliation only bill is that due to the 10 year role investment in physical infrastructure which could have time horizon longer than 10 years will have to go through regular order. I always thought the "bi-partisan" bill is necessary is because of this and the need for Dem high command to placate Manchin.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #682 on: July 18, 2021, 02:27:23 PM »

I thought that the problem with reconciliation only bill is that due to the 10 year role investment in physical infrastructure which could have time horizon longer than 10 years will have to go through regular order. I always thought the "bi-partisan" bill is necessary is because of this and the need for Dem high command to placate Manchin.

I was venting.  And I did say 'nearly'.  Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: July 18, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lindsey-graham-floats-senate-gop-181514727.html

Graham said he will go back to SC and deny a quorum a la TX D's and block a 3.5T package which lacks 1K Stimulus checks and anyway If you're on Medicare as I said before you get Dental thru medicaid which pays your 150 deductible

The only things not covered under Medicaid is Cosmetic dentures and braces

Dental expenses if your on Medicare is already paid for except for dentures in Medicaid. preventive care only
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #684 on: July 18, 2021, 09:14:56 PM »

This whole thing illustrates "you can lie down for people to walk on you and they will still complain that you are not flat enough" pretty well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #685 on: July 18, 2021, 10:48:03 PM »

The problem with this bill isn't the Climate change as I said before, Medicaid or Medicare don't pay for dentures, Medicare recepients already have Dual coverage with Medicaid to pay their prelims, and Dental preventive care is already paid for just like Cali, NY and IL already have 15.00 minimum wage, it lacks 1K Stimulus checks that Yang has called

D's know it too, that's why they're not talking about especially Warren said Social Security recipients would get a 200 temp increase in benefits, when Covid started

But the Stimulus child tax credits leave out people like seniors and people without kids without another stimulus

The only goodies in this bill is Climate change, but the WC have Brushfires, Biden said that increase the oil supply because gas prices are too High
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #686 on: July 19, 2021, 09:53:00 AM »

I recall the usual cast were mocking and deriding Bernie’s 6 trillion dollar proposal. Will they now admit their haste and misjudgment after seeing how that was a wise negotiating tactic?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: July 19, 2021, 09:58:07 AM »

I recall the usual cast were mocking and deriding Bernie’s 6 trillion dollar proposal. Will they now admit their haste and misjudgment after seeing how that was a wise negotiating tactic?

You know that the D's can put another round of Stimulus checks that Yang has called for right and D's refused to do so, Covid ISNT OVER YET, WE ARE NOT RICH LIKE Rs, we as D's need another round of checks

It's nice but not good enough
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: July 19, 2021, 10:33:24 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2021, 10:39:43 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Just a note Brush Fires in Australia or West Coast aren't going away because the Hurricanes that supposed to create the monsoon season isn't there because there aren't many Hurricanes in Mexico they are heading towards the Gulf and Biden SAYS INCREASE THE PRODUCTION OF OIL TO OPEC BECAUSE GAS PRICES ARE TOO HIGH THAT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING IN ITSELF

WE MUST FIND A WAY TO CURB OR REDUCE FRACKING, but allowing Rs get back in isn't a solution either

Oil and has states in 2022 are drifting R ANYWAYS, Especially in 2028 should Harris and Booker become nominee
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #689 on: July 19, 2021, 10:39:37 AM »

Bernie's many things. An idiot ain't one.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: July 19, 2021, 04:53:17 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-bipartisan-infrastructure-deal-no-151234096.html

No deal for infrastructure on Wednesday, the fast track infrastructure spending has zero chance of passing, the Rs are gonna Filibuster it on Wed
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #691 on: July 20, 2021, 05:12:28 PM »

It's mostly sunny skies for Senator Joe Manchin:

Joe Manchin Optimistic as Infrastructure Deal Inches Closer

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »

They're gonna pass this, and Biden is using his political capital on this

But, between VR and HR 1 and  another round of stimulus cheques, he has fallen short on, what happens when TX D's have to go back to TX emptied handed without HR 1
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #693 on: July 21, 2021, 02:58:26 PM »

Not sure what the point of this was?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #694 on: July 21, 2021, 03:05:49 PM »

Of Schumer switching, or of the vote in general?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #695 on: July 21, 2021, 03:30:55 PM »

Wow it’s almost like this whole bipartisan infrastructure bill is an excuse to trick our two dumbest Senators into delaying a reconciliation bill until it passes, which will be never.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: July 21, 2021, 04:02:48 PM »

Graham said he would leave town before a Reconciliation passes and deny a quorum and the Senate isn't the H, you can object and all Rs need is 1 SEN to remain so the D's don't pass everything on the agenda in absence of a quorum
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #697 on: July 21, 2021, 04:27:03 PM »

I strongly approve of Schumer forcing a vote. The only reason Republicans are even toying with infrastructure is to take the momentum out of reconcillation. If it was up to Portman, they would be negioating until Christmas.

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #698 on: July 21, 2021, 08:37:06 PM »

Of Schumer switching, or of the vote in general?

The vote itself.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #699 on: July 26, 2021, 05:23:44 PM »

Trump honestly thinks that the Dems are going to just sit around and wait until 2022 for the GOP to regain a strong negotiating stance after they walked away bipartisan infrastructure deal lol

If the GOP ends up pulling a stunt like this the Dems will simply pass the bipartisan bill using reconciliation
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies