Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:56:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 244051 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: September 27, 2021, 07:46:52 PM »

Also worth noting that Ro Khanna is slimy mofo that got his start primarying an incumbent form the right as a ‘business friendly’ alternative.

The second Sinema’s pet bill passes, everything else is over and everyone knows it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1451 on: September 27, 2021, 08:08:50 PM »

D's feel silly now that they have Trump 60 votes and he ran up the debt ceiling in 2019 and now the Rs are blocking the Debt Ceiling on Trump own tax cuts, nothing is gonna pass in the Senate until debt ceiling and Govt Shutdown is averted, they need 60 votes

Manchin said he isn't for 3.5T he wants a lesser amount it doesn't matter what H does it works on Majority if they did what H wanted VR would be Law now
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1452 on: September 27, 2021, 08:50:30 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2021, 09:30:00 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/republicans-reject-debt-limit-increase-225952074.html

Bernie still thinks Rs are gonna raise the debt ceiling for BIDEN 3.5T dollar plan

They have a Power sharing agreement in Senate, all the Ds have to do is win the TRIFECTA and get 53 seats next yr and win OH and NC Senate and we will override Sinema and Manchin

FL,, TX and IA doesn't look good for D's due to Border issues with TX and FL but we can win OH and NC for 54/46
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1453 on: September 27, 2021, 09:06:43 PM »

Extremely disappointing that we're letting DINOs get their way. The Democratic Party is a joke.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1454 on: September 27, 2021, 09:27:28 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2021, 09:31:16 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Extremely disappointing that we're letting DINOs get their way. The Democratic Party is a joke.

We on got 50/50 split in Senate and under Power sharing rules which would expire after Midterms, Rs can Retaliate If they get rid of Filibuster, Biden think he has problems now on Cabinet, Rs would start blocking judges next

FL, IA and TX don't look good for Senate due to Border issues but we can win OH and NC plus get a 222/216 Split I'm H
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1455 on: September 27, 2021, 09:30:05 PM »

We on got 50/50 split in Senate and under Power sharing rules which would expire after Midterms, Rs can Retaliate If they get rid of Filibuster, Biden think he has problems now on Cabinet, Rs would start blocking judges next

Even a 51R Senate would be sure to not be the first Republican Senate to approve a Democratic SCOTUS nominee since the 1800s.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1456 on: September 27, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2021, 10:05:04 PM by R.P. McM »

Oh what the ?
It looked like the dam was breaking

Well, Kyrsten Sinema is your president now.

I love how all of the ostensibly progressive idiots on the twitter thread are praising Pelosi for caving to the corporatists. Reminds me of the Notorious RBG folks slobbering over the shriveled, egotistical @ss who gave us a 6-3 GOP Court poised to overturn Roe. Precisely why I had to switch my avatar color. There's a subset of the Democratic base that is just impossibly stupid and impossibly gullible.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1457 on: September 27, 2021, 10:36:56 PM »

Why is everyone assuming that there is a mass capitulation going on? If Jamaal Bowman is agreeing to the BIF, there's clearly stuff going on behind the scenes. Don't count your bills before they pass.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1458 on: September 27, 2021, 10:55:53 PM »

Why is everyone assuming that there is a mass capitulation going on? If Jamaal Bowman is agreeing to the BIF, there's clearly stuff going on behind the scenes. Don't count your bills before they pass.

That's my thought. We don't know enough about what's going on here.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1459 on: September 27, 2021, 10:58:04 PM »

That's my thought. We don't know enough about what's going on here.
None of us know what will happen. Indeed.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1460 on: September 27, 2021, 11:29:32 PM »

Because, short of a reconciliation package magically manifesting in the Senate tomorrow and on the speakers desk in two days, there is no agreement that could have been reached.

BIF passes = Reconciliation done, that’s been made abundantly clear.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1461 on: September 27, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »

Straight from the horse's mouth himself:

Still sounds very up-in-the-air.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1462 on: September 28, 2021, 12:48:25 AM »

Straight from the horse's mouth himself:

Still sounds very up-in-the-air.
Sounds like they are giving in. Sinema, who’s planing to literally go collect her checks for spiking this tomorrow, gets her demands met in exchange for what? A promise to maybe do something in the future?
They are falling back on saying ‘look how reasonable we are being’ while getting walked over.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1463 on: September 28, 2021, 01:05:07 AM »

I'm going to trust the official word of one of the representatives who slated to vote for the bill over the second-hand testimony from some random MAGAcrat's spin on it.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1464 on: September 28, 2021, 01:15:32 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2021, 01:24:25 AM by LVScreenssuck »

I'm going to trust the official word of one of the representatives who slated to vote for the bill over the second-hand testimony from some random MAGAcrat's spin on it.
EDIT: Listening for the third time, it does look like I’m overreacting. But this and his harping on their must be ‘an agreement’ scares me. I don’t see how they are actually going to enforce any agreement.

I don’t see how voting for the BIB without the reconciliation passed the Senate could possibly be anything but total capitulation. I’m not asking this rhetorically, what could the hold-outs offer that they could actually be held to?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1465 on: September 28, 2021, 01:44:38 AM »

From the context of the article it sounds like the framework they seek is a public commitment from the moderates towards a number. As far as I see I trust Khanna and Bowman.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1466 on: September 28, 2021, 01:52:05 AM »

EDIT: Listening for the third time, it does look like I’m overreacting. But this and his harping on their must be ‘an agreement’ scares me. I don’t see how they are actually going to enforce any agreement.

I don’t see how voting for the BIB without the reconciliation passed the Senate could possibly be anything but total capitulation. I’m not asking this rhetorically, what could the hold-outs offer that they could actually be held to?

I guess nothing with respect to this, but it doesn't mean they won't follow some agreement they've made.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1467 on: September 28, 2021, 04:30:52 AM »

This Medicare proposal that you guys think is gonna pass doesn't even take effect until 2028 and nothing is gonna pass in the Senate because Manchin and Simema doesn't even support 3.5T dollars they support a 1.5T dollar proposal and unless the Debt Ceiling is raised nothing is passing without 60 votes

It's Tuesday and govt is gonna shutdown Thursday midnight
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1468 on: September 28, 2021, 04:54:45 AM »

If they vote for the bipartisan bill, it's over. Nothing else will pass. The "agreed frameworks" and other bullsh*t are worthless.

Surely they can't actually be that dumb??
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1469 on: September 28, 2021, 05:01:16 AM »

Like seriously. If Pelosi has agreed to this, it means she's just given up on the entire Biden agenda and thinks all that's left for this Congress to do is raise the debt ceiling, avoid the shutdown, and just wait for the inevitable GOP wave of 2022. It means the entire Biden presidency has basically been for naught.

Just pathetic.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1470 on: September 28, 2021, 05:32:33 AM »

Like seriously. If Pelosi has agreed to this, it means she's just given up on the entire Biden agenda and thinks all that's left for this Congress to do is raise the debt ceiling, avoid the shutdown, and just wait for the inevitable GOP wave of 2022. It means the entire Biden presidency has basically been for naught.

Just pathetic.

Clearly you should just be speaker I guess since you think you know it all
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1471 on: September 28, 2021, 06:25:06 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2021, 06:34:50 AM by KaiserDave »

Just pathetic.

Get a glass of water, you’ll be tired after Olympic jumping from conclusion to conclusion.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1472 on: September 28, 2021, 07:13:01 AM »

You know I'd love to be proven wrong, but smug dismissal and tautological invocations of Pelosi's supposed infallibility aren't exactly convincing counterarguments.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1473 on: September 28, 2021, 07:29:54 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2021, 08:09:01 AM by KaiserDave »

You know I'd love to be proven wrong, but smug dismissal and tautological invocations of Pelosi's supposed infallibility aren't exactly convincing counterarguments.

I am not pretending I know what will happen, and it’s hardly smug to say to stop making really outlandish claims.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1474 on: September 28, 2021, 07:38:39 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2021, 07:54:29 AM by Torie »

Your favorite rag Politico makes quite clear that the link between infrastructure and reconciliation is broken. It also asserts what I had surmised was in play,  that Manchin and some other moderates said negotiations on reconciliation would end if infrastructure was not released from hostage.

The whole passion play was way over wrought. Now in due course, in a calm manner, additional programs and spending items and revenue raisers can be discussed in a deliberate manner, and some things agreed to later, of a size that the progressives will find infuriatingly paltry and parsimonious.

So the passion play will end, but not the passions themselves. I blame Trump for much of this, but then since I think he is actually Satan reincarnated, I am not an unbiased commentator on that one.

Oh yes, the link to the rag! My bad.  Angel

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/27/pelosi-house-democrats-infrastructure-514359
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies