FT 19.11 School Day Restructuring Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:52:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.11 School Day Restructuring Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.11 School Day Restructuring Act (Statute)  (Read 915 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: March 29, 2021, 10:10:51 PM »

Doesn’t this make the bus system less efficient? My HS started at 7 AM for that reason.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 10:29:26 PM »

Doesn’t this make the bus system less efficient? My HS started at 7 AM for that reason.
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure why we couldn't just adjust the bus schedules.

Because when high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools start an hour apart each, a bus driver could pick up all 3 levels of students in a day. With this bill that’d no longer be possible.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »

I'm not sure what the current school day is. Would making the SSD 8:30-3:30 and the EASSD 9:30-4:30 fix the bus issue?

It'd make it less bad but a school bus could still not pick up 3 separate grade levels at once.

Also one thing to keep in mind is some rural school districts (including a few in rural Nevada) do 4 day school days and make each school day longer (by 60-70 mins or so) so with a strict start and end time, that'd no longer be possible.

One more feasible remedy is prohibiting the school day from starting say earlier than 8AM and not bothering to legislate the end time.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 11:55:09 PM »

Amendment:

AN ACT
to promote healthy sleep patterns among school-age children

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "School Day Restructuring Act."

Section 2 (Standard School Day)
i. Except as otherwise provided herein, all Frémont public schools shall observe the Standard School Day (SSD).
ii. The SSD shall begin at 9 am and end at 4 pm local time no earlier than 8:00 am.

Section 3 (Elementary Adjusted Standard School Day)
i. All Frémont public elementary schools shall observe the Elementary Adjusted Standard School Day (EASSD).
ii. The EASSD shall begin at 9:30 am and end at 4:30 pm local time.

Section 43 (Application for special exemption)
i. School districts may apply to the Ministry of Education for a special exemption to deviate from the SSD or EASSD, stating the particular local concerns which necessitate this deviation; but no district shall begin the school day before 9 am local time.

Section 5 (Before and after care)
i. All Frémont public schools must offer before care from 7:3000 am to the commencement of the school day, and after care from the end of the school day until 6:30 pm.
ii. Districts may charge tuition for attendance to before and after care; however, no student whose parents' and step-parents' combined annual income is less than 150% the local cost of living shall be charged tuition.

Section 6 (Implementation)
i. This act shall take effect with the 2021-22 academic year.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 09:40:56 PM »

Motion for a final vote.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix