2008: John McCain(R) vs Donald Trump(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:41:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: John McCain(R) vs Donald Trump(D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008: John McCain(R) vs Donald Trump(D)  (Read 441 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2021, 08:15:33 PM »

I would guess this

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 08:40:19 PM »

I don't think Trump would win Florida so easily as a Democrat, especially since he supported the Cuban embargo at that time, which would make him unable to appeal among Cuban-Americans.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 04:04:06 PM »

Assuming Hillary is his running mate (which I think he would have wanted, ironically), and he still runs a populist campaign that has broad appeal to the WWC, I could see something like this:

Evangelical leaders are strongly against him (also ironically) which prevents him from winning more in the South and probably Indiana (Obama had unique appeal there too), but not so much in other Appalachian and Midwest states, which were suffering economically, would have been drawn to Trump’s message, and (especially in the case of Arkansas) would have welcomed Clinton as VP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 11:50:07 PM »

Assuming Hillary is his running mate (which I think he would have wanted, ironically), and he still runs a populist campaign that has broad appeal to the WWC, I could see something like this:

Evangelical leaders are strongly against him (also ironically) which prevents him from winning more in the South and probably Indiana (Obama had unique appeal there too), but not so much in other Appalachian and Midwest states, which were suffering economically, would have been drawn to Trump’s message, and (especially in the case of Arkansas) would have welcomed Clinton as VP.

He couldnt pick Hillary because both Hillary and Trump were from New York. I think he would have picked Joe Biden actually as his vp or someone similar.

I also dont think he wins Virginia as hed be a terrible fit for NoVA and the map kinda would look pretty similar to 1996 VA in that case.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies