So, I Was Able to Get Dems 50 Seats in California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:28:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  So, I Was Able to Get Dems 50 Seats in California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, I Was Able to Get Dems 50 Seats in California  (Read 261 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2021, 07:14:11 PM »
« edited: March 20, 2021, 07:22:00 PM by Pink Panther »

I know CA has an independent commission for redistricting, and that Dems would probably never do this. But for this to work, I:

1st: Created two Republican Sinks near the Sierra Nevada and Central California (If I'm not mistaken, in the Imperial Valley), since I knew those areas would be difficult to crack, and since my goal was to reach 50 Seats, I let those areas be, though I tried to place as much GOP precincts as possible.
           2nd: I cracked cities such as Sacramento, Santa Rosa, San Diego, Fresno, and parts of the LA Metro Area and San Jose, but since those areas are very populated and extremely Blue, compared to the GOP areas, I created Dem Districts everywhere else in the state
          3rd: Even though I wasn't necessarily following the VRA, I still placed districts solely in the Bay Area and LA, which could potentially help matters, maybe.

However, there are two-four districts that are competitive, and it probably was wiser just to create a GOP sink in Suburban/Exurban SoCal, but I wanted the 50 seats. Could I do better?
https://davesredistricting.org/join/07226f4b-1d19-41c6-b8b7-f7db3ba9c210

I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 07:17:05 PM »

I know CA has an independent commission for redistricting, and that Dems would probably never do this. But for this to work, I:

1st: Created two Republican Sinks near the Sierra Nevada and Central California (If I'm not mistaken, in the Imperial Valley), since I knew those areas would be difficult to crack, and since my goal was to reach 50 Seats, I let those areas be, though I tried to place as much GOP precincts as possible.
            2nd: I cracked cities such as Sacramento, Santa Rosa, San Diego, and parts of the LA Metro Area and San Jose, but since those areas are very populated and extremely Blue, compared to the GOP areas, I created Dem Districts everywhere else in the state
           3rd: Even though I wasn't necessarily following the VRA, I still placed districts solely in the Bay Area and LA, which could potentially help matters, maybe.

However, there are two-four districts that are competitive, and it probably was wiser just to create a GOP sink in Suburban/Exurban SoCal, but I wanted the 50 seats. Could I do better?
https://davesredistricting.org/join/38a88ce5-d010-4e02-8d81-c273f01d0668

Not legal. I once saw a legal 18D-0R map of Illinois.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 10:37:09 PM »

2nd: I cracked cities such as Sacramento, Santa Rosa, San Diego, and parts of the LA Metro Area and San Jose, but since those areas are very populated and extremely Blue, compared to the GOP areas, I created Dem Districts everywhere else in the state

What makes it illegal?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 11:04:34 PM »

What makes it illegal?
Are all the VRA districts present on that California map?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies