The 2030 Census will likely see a Republican President in charge again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:06:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The 2030 Census will likely see a Republican President in charge again
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2030 Census will likely see a Republican President in charge again  (Read 403 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:38:06 AM »

Biden or Harris get re-elected in 2024.

Then, voters have a Democratic fatigue in 2028 and elect a GOP president.

Thoughts ?
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 08:44:49 AM »

I assume you're thinking about the citizenship question, given the board this topic is in? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean beyond 'the winner of the 2028 Presidential Election will be in office in 2030, which also happens to be when the census takes place'.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »

I assume you're thinking about the citizenship question, given the board this topic is in? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean beyond 'the winner of the 2028 Presidential Election will be in office in 2030, which also happens to be when the census takes place'.

I mean the 2nd and 1st point.

There’s a good chance that a Republican President is in office between 2029 and 2033 and giving the GOP a possibility of a few late design changes on the questionnaire (even though most design options are already approved years earlier).

Adding citizenship could be one of these late design changes, if the Supreme Court rules in favour.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 09:07:56 AM »

I mean the 2nd and 1st point.

There’s a good chance that a Republican President is in office between 2029 and 2033 and giving the GOP a possibility of a few late design changes on the questionnaire (even though most design options are already approved years earlier).

Adding citizenship could be one of these late design changes, if the Supreme Court rules in favour.

Ah, got you.

Cynically, I only think late design changes would be introduced if there was a benefit electorally to the party in power, minus a few superficial questions. The citizenship question is most obvious, but I can't think of other questions that could actually affect political apportionment figures since the usual targets for both parties would all be counted regardless.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »

The US Constitution requires the apportionment numbers be adjusted if certain citizens are disenfranchised or have their right to vote abridged.

The Census should ask of all adult citizens whether they were disenfranchised for reasons other than felony or insurrection.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies