FT 19.08 Climate Preparedness and Response Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.08 Climate Preparedness and Response Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.08 Climate Preparedness and Response Act (Statute)  (Read 1056 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: March 27, 2021, 05:08:28 PM »

I obviously support this bill. I actually think we should get more aggressive. I propose the following amendment.

Quote from: Amendment
Section 3. Weatherizing the Grid

1. Power supply providers within the region shall submit annual reports to the Climate Preparedness and Response Commission, demonstrating that they have:
a. Weatherized their equipment to withstand projected weather patterns.
b. Evaluated and addressed risks to their ability to provide a stable power supply during adverse weather conditions.
c. Established contingency plans to mitigate large scale power outages.
2. Power supply providers shall be subject to inspection and review by the Climate Preparedness and Response Commission.
3. Entities found in violation of Climate Preparedness and Response standards for the first time shall be subject to a fine of $250,000.
4. Each subsequent failed inspection shall increase the fine by $500,000 per violation.

Section 4. Climate Disaster Response Assistance

1. $500 $750 million shall be set aside annually to establish programs and services that respond to officially declared climate disasters, as well as to provide assistance to victims.
2. A hotline shall be established where individuals may report issues related to officially declared climate disasters.
3. The Region will cooperate with the government of the Republic of Atlasia in finding shelter for any victims of officially declared climate disasters, including immigrants and those who have been granted refugee status.

Section 5. Incentives for Individuals to Weatherize their Homes

1. A tax rebate of up to $3000 will be made available to all individuals that agree to weatherize their homes, including:
a. Contracting a Home Energy Audit to identify weatherization needs
b. Window and Door Repair and Replacement
c. Adding insulation
d. Improving ventilation and moisture control
d. e. Other weatherization and climate mitigation strategies endorsed by the Commission
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 09:22:54 AM »

I agree with what YE said. I don't think that it needs a clarification in the language of the bill, but if anyone wants to write an amendment I have nothing against it.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 03:38:25 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies